YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Pretty shitty to taze a clearly handcuffed and old man, twice. No question about that.
But I wonder why this story didn't make the national media circuit? Maybe it's missing a certain key ingredient that the idiot media loves to harp on.

@raildogg's alt account?

Say it ain't so!

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
And if this was a white lady, she would be called a "Karen" for her behavior and be laughed off the internet.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
White privilege on display. It's fine to disrespect an educated black woman in public.
White NC official refuses to acknowledge black woman's doctoral title (msn.com)

That guy is an asshole. Holy crap.

Lets swap out the doc portion of it with something a bit more common and play "What she coulda done to entertain the audience"
"Well Mrs. Rosaria you..."
- I'm not married. It's Ms.
"Listen, Mrs. Rosario...its not important"
- Ok Mrs. Collins. If you say so"
"It's Mr. Collins"
- Not important ma'am, I just want to say...."
"I'm a man!!"
- Mrs. Collins, if we can focus on the...."

Feb 4, 2009
White privilege on display. It's fine to disrespect an educated black woman in public.
White NC official refuses to acknowledge black woman's doctoral title (msn.com)

I need to say I *suspect* the official is one of those guys who doesn’t like smart educated people (he likely is jealous of them). I also suspect he would do the same or similar to any Doctor but maybe a medical Doctor.
Not so sure this is a she is darker than him.

Regardless good thing he got removed. I mean come on how many fucking times does the dude need to be corrected and if that worked like my Cities meetings I would stand there and be quiet until he used my name or title correctly. Basically “before I answer I need to have you address me properly” then stand and wait.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Here's an example of white privilege.

A North Carolina city council fired a man for 'white privilege and entitlement' after he refused to address a Black woman by her professional title.

She tried to correct him multiple times and refused to call her by her earned Dr title.
"In a virtual meeting, the man told her it "didn't matter" and called her by her first name. "

These examples, whether they be big or small always need to shined in the light.
It's the only way to stop this behavior.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Nov 8, 2012
Here's an example of white privilege.

A North Carolina city council fired a man for 'white privilege and entitlement' after he refused to address a Black woman by her professional title.

She tried to correct him multiple times and refused to call her by her earned Dr title.
"In a virtual meeting, the man told her it "didn't matter" and called her by her first name. "

These examples, whether they be big or small always need to shined in the light.
It's the only way to stop this behavior.

Lol ousted a volunteer.

How pathetic, what in anyway makes this racial? What is wrong with consistently referring to people by their names and not their title?

And how is this in anyway race related unless you can find him in the same video giving title to whites?

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lol ousted a volunteer.

How pathetic, what in anyway makes this racial? What is wrong with consistently referring to people by their names and not their title?

And how is this in anyway race related unless you can find him in the same video giving title to whites?
And neither is the post above yours where the woman says black people are the wrong color. We've heard your bullshit before racism is no longer a problem in this country.

BTW - We all know if Dr. Fauci appeared in front of their board he wouldn't have referred to him as "Tony"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
While I'm on board with the decision, honestly surprised the court ruled this way. I have a feeling our new more right wing Supreme Court will overturn. In the meantime small victories...

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
While I'm on board with the decision, honestly surprised the court ruled this way. I have a feeling our new more right wing Supreme Court will overturn. In the meantime small victories...
Jesus christ..... ☹️

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Coloured huh?