YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yet another incident. This time riding a Motorcycle in a white neighborhood while black,

https://www.dotnews.com/2018/police-dorchester-man-arrested-after-racist-rant-under-investigation

A 54-year-old Dorchester man who was arrested for disorderly conduct last Friday night after going on a belligerent, racist rant against two strangers near Adams Corner could face more serious, civil rights charges, according to Boston Police.

Paul Sheehan was arraigned in Dorchester District Court on Monday. He was the person caught on a video taken by an African-American woman who was one of the targets of his tirade. The video, posted on Facebook over the weekend, has gone viral. It shows Sheehan challenging the woman about why she is in his neighborhood and screaming at her and a Boston Police officer who intercedes. In the video, the man calls the motorcyclists “animals” and threatens them with violence if they didn’t “get out of [his] neighborhood."

The incident began about an hour after a car pursued by police smashed into a second car and a fence at the corner of Beaumont Street and Adams Street. The confrontation shown on video happened just feet away from the scene of the collision, which was followed by a foot chase and the arrest of a 31-year-old Dorchester man, who was allegedly fleeing police after striking a pedestrian on Dorchester Avenue.

According to a police report obtained by the Reporter, Officer James Doiron was blocking traffic at the corner of Chelmsford Street and Adams Street around 10:30 p.m. when he observed the suspect screaming at two motorcyclists, a black male and a black female, who had pulled over on the side of the road.

Officer Doiron, upon hearing the suspect — Sheehan— shouting profanities at the motorcyclists, rushed to separate them.

The motorcyclists left the scene after explaining to the officer that they were pulled over because of the detour (caused by the earlier crash) and were just trying to figure out where they were going. Sheehan left the scene, but returned and Officer Dorion observed him walking up Adams Street screaming a racial slur and pulling on a traffic sign pole. According the BPD report, Sheehan was repeatedly yelling "F--k that [N-word]."

Sheehan was released on personal recognizance and is due to appear back in court in October.

According to Officer Steven McNulty, the BPD's Civil Rights Division will be investigating the incident as a potential hate crime.

Sheehan is a longtime commuter rail employee. He works for Keolis, the company that operates the MBTA commuter rail.

On Tuesday, a process began to remove him from service, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

“As a local employer and a company providing a service to the public, we have absolutely no tolerance for this type of reprehensive conduct or language in or outside the workplace,” said Keolis spokesman Justin Thompson. “The matter is under investigation and we don’t comment on personnel matters.”

Sources familiar with the Keolis investigation said that Sheehan’s removal from service was the first step in his likely termination from the company.

Another from my home state. Racism is pervasive, divisive, and not confined to red states. Truly sad that this is how people perceive others on such trivial criteria

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
https://thegrio.com/2018/07/30/man-...has-completely-and-thoroughly-ruined-my-life/

Man caught on video hurling n-word at Black man loses business ‘This has completely and thoroughly ruined my life’

Racist motherfucker characterises incident as "mistake", and that this is something that "happened to him".

What is really funny is when he was interviewed about it before his life was ruined he was given a chance to apologize and he refused saying he didn't do anything wrong. What kind of idiot, even a racist idiot, would say that on camera to a news reporter after the video of him calling a black man the N word goes viral??? Not to mention a freaking business owner at that!

Reactions: darkswordsman17

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
What is really funny is when he was interviewed about it before his life was ruined he was given a chance to apologize and he refused saying he didn't do anything wrong. What kind of idiot, even a racist idiot, would say that on camera to a news reporter after the video of him calling a black man the N word goes viral??? Not to mention a freaking business owner at that!

One who thinks consequences are for other people?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
LOL @ how he's saying that it has ruined his life and his families life, which I feel sorry for his family since they had nothing to do with it. But maybe he should have thought about consequences before he acted out his racist fantasy.

Watch the video in the link and skip to the 1:20 part to really get an idea of just how big of an idiot that guy is...

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Mom says a FL police officer handcuffed her 11-year-old son for bouncing a basketball
http://www.nbc12.com/story/38855176...her-11-year-old-son-for-bouncing-a-basketball

I mean even if, the kid continued to bounce the basketball, when asked to stop, there are a number of way to take care of this.
First option being NOT to handcuff an 11 year old kid for being what the police allegedly called "disrespectful."

WTF is wrong with the police?

From this link:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-o...tball-reportedly-disrespectful-230559737.html

"However, his mother, Bunmi Borisade, says her son, an honor roll student, aspiring engineer, and talented athlete simply didn’t hear the officer in the crowded venue until it was too late. “Fatayi later told me that when he turned to gather his belongings and walk away, the officer said, ‘I know you hear me, boy,’ pushed him to the floor, and put handcuffs on him,” Borisade tells Yahoo Lifestyle, adding that a man later identified as a sergeant reportedly said, “Now you’ll see how it feels to be arrested.”

This is the shit that the cops do, that has to stop. Way to indoctrinate a smart, young, African American child to the world of fucked-up police behavior. :rolleyes:

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Now, being pregnant while black:
Staples manager fired after accusing woman pregnant with twins of shoplifting — because of her stomach

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/p...of-shoplifting-at-pineville-staples/811252085.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sta...nant-twins-shoplifting-stomach-105745047.html

"Sherell Bates was paying for back-to-school supplies on Friday when a store manager who suspected Bates was shoplifting reported that assumption to a nearby police officer, who then asked Bates to step aside and explain what was under her shirt.

“Initially, I thought he was joking, so my response was: ‘twins,’” she told local news channel WSOC."

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Woman calls police on black man trying to get into his own car

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...e-on-black-man-trying-to-get-into-his-own-car

""I was getting ready to put money in a meter or whatever, and she has nothing else better to do and asked me if I was breaking into my car," Davis can be heard saying in a video he shared on Facebook, which has since garnered over 63,000 views in the past several days."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Woman calls police on black man trying to get into his own car

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...e-on-black-man-trying-to-get-into-his-own-car

""I was getting ready to put money in a meter or whatever, and she has nothing else better to do and asked me if I was breaking into my car," Davis can be heard saying in a video he shared on Facebook, which has since garnered over 63,000 views in the past several days."
Haha. White woman from distance looks like Sarah Manatee Sanders

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
White man takes out gun to stop black students from entering apartment building

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/white-man...-entering-030300278--abc-news-topstories.html

1) Inferred he lived there by flashing his key
2) Wouldn't allow the African American students on elevator, while flashing his gun
3) Since this is a stand your ground state, students were smart to disengage this asshole.

"Find another elevator, you can't get in this one," he said, blocking their way as the four students tried to enter it.
"Why not? Do you own the building?" the students asked.
"Because you don't belong in this building," he replied, before adding, "You ain't got a key for the building, you don't belong in the elevator."
The man took out a key to show them, which was when the students noticed he had a gun in his hand.

4) Found out he didn't live there
5) Was a GM for a local hotel
6) That hotel now says he doesn't work there anymore.

See what happens when we shine that light on these racist assholes?

edit:
Video seems to be gone from that thread.
Here it is.

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Baggage Claim Becky': Delta apologizes for calling the police on black woman with damaged luggage
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bag...ce-black-woman-damaged-luggage-214734984.html

The customer wanted the Manager's name and the CSR wouldn't give it. She didn't like being filmed, so she called the police.

"“He’s not going to be able to come back down here,” Teddra (The CSR) told Arlene (customer), who responded, “But I need his name for my claim.” The worker refuses to provide the man’s name or call him to return. When Teddra realizes Arlene has been filming their interaction, she orders her to stop, then picks up the phone.

“Hey, Frank, it’s Teddra. Can I have the state police in baggage, please?” she said into the phone. “I have a lady who is in my face recording me and won’t leave the office.”"

Delta is looking into this. The incident looks to have happened on 8-24.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Babysitting while black': Woman calls police on male babysitter with white children

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bab...male-babysitter-white-children-195623674.html
Yes, the woman was white.

Corey Lewis:

Afterward, the 27-year-old, who runs the youth mentoring program Inspired by Lewis, was standing with the kids outside his car while the boy finished eating when he noticed a white woman sitting in her car, staring.
“She pulled up alongside us and asked, ‘Are the kids OK?'” Lewis tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “I answered, ‘Why wouldn’t they be?’ She just smirked and drove off.”
The woman circled the parking lot and returned to Lewis’s car, saying, “Can I ask the little girl if she knows who you are?” and Lewis answered, “No, you cannot.” The woman then said, “OK, I will take down your license plate,” and left.

She called the cops on him and she and the cops followed him home. Cops questioned the kids and called the kids mother to verify.
"The officer called the children’s mom, who was aghast at the presumption of the 911 caller. “I thought it was a joke,” Mango tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “I said, ‘Is it because there’s an African-American male driving my kids around?’ and the officer, who was embarrassed and apologetic, said, ‘It appears so.'”"

Disgusting fucking racists. :rolleyes:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Moving in While Black

https://www.theroot.com/kansas-man-handcuffed-for-attempting-to-move-into-his-h-1829621010

A key feature of burglaries is that people typically try to remove items from a home, rather than move them in. This basic fact seemed to elude Tonganoxie Police, who handcuffed a 61-year-old black man on the front steps of his new home as he wrapped up an arduous day of moving in.

According to the Kansas City Star, the incident happened back in August, though Karle Robinson only recently opened up about the experience. After a long, 12-hour day of moving in, Robinson, a military veteran, was moving in his final piece of furniture, a large-screen television, when police pulled into his driveway. It was late—around 2:30 am on a Sunday—so Robinson was aware that it might appear dubious.

From the Star:

The fact that the officer was curious, even a little suspicious, made sense to Robinson. The hour of day was odd. And Robinson was standing over a large TV in front of a house.

But Robinson told the officer that he was a new homeowner, moving in. He had identification and there was paperwork proving his new ownership inside. They could go in together and look, and maybe hoist this TV inside on the way.

“I need you to put your hands on the side of the house . . .”

The police officer’s voice came through on the body camera as Robinson watched. He watched himself wearily complying with the white police officer’s commands, submitting to handcuffs in front of the new home—his first as a homeowner—a city guy finally living out in the country as he’d dreamed of for so long.

As the passage suggests, Robinson watched the video alongside a Star reporter. Captured on camera is eight minutes of Robinson sitting on the front steps of his new home, his hands cuffed behind his back, as an officer questioned him and waited for backup. Officers responding to the call eventually found Robinson’s story checked out: seeing evidence of items recently moved into the house and paperwork corroborating Robinson’s story. Uncuffing Robinson, they apologized and, upon Robinson’s request, helped him move in the TV.

But for obvious reasons, the entire experience is still unsettling to Robinson, who went to Tonganoxie Police Chief Greg Lawson to file a complaint about the interaction.

“If I’d been a white man, you know that wouldn’t happen,” Robinson told a Star reporter as he watched video of the August 19 incident. “I’m being handcuffed right here on my own damn property.”

He told the paper that had he been white, he would have been allowed to show his identification and retrieve his paperwork—the entire incident would be cleared up in a matter of minutes, without handcuffs.

“They’re thinking I’m stealing,” he said. “I’ve been hearing this for 40 years—getting pulled over, being searched. I’m not going to let this go.”

During the interaction, the officer who first arrived on the scene explained that there had been a lot of break-ins in the neighborhood recently.

“Out here?” Robinson asks, incredulously.

But after following up with his neighbors, Robinson told the paper last week that was a lie. No one he spoke to was aware of any break-ins, he said.

Chief Lawson maintains that race didn’t play a factor in how Robinson was treated, claiming that because the officer was alone, handcuffs were necessary.

“If I were on that call, by myself, no matter the race of the person, they would have been handcuffed,” Lawson told the paper.

A follow-up article from the Kansas City Star’s editorial board sided with Robinson, and demands a public apology from the Tonganoxie police for the humiliating incident.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Moving in While Black

https://www.theroot.com/kansas-man-handcuffed-for-attempting-to-move-into-his-h-1829621010

A key feature of burglaries is that people typically try to remove items from a home, rather than move them in. This basic fact seemed to elude Tonganoxie Police, who handcuffed a 61-year-old black man on the front steps of his new home as he wrapped up an arduous day of moving in.

According to the Kansas City Star, the incident happened back in August, though Karle Robinson only recently opened up about the experience. After a long, 12-hour day of moving in, Robinson, a military veteran, was moving in his final piece of furniture, a large-screen television, when police pulled into his driveway. It was late—around 2:30 am on a Sunday—so Robinson was aware that it might appear dubious.

From the Star:

The fact that the officer was curious, even a little suspicious, made sense to Robinson. The hour of day was odd. And Robinson was standing over a large TV in front of a house.

But Robinson told the officer that he was a new homeowner, moving in. He had identification and there was paperwork proving his new ownership inside. They could go in together and look, and maybe hoist this TV inside on the way.

“I need you to put your hands on the side of the house . . .”

The police officer’s voice came through on the body camera as Robinson watched. He watched himself wearily complying with the white police officer’s commands, submitting to handcuffs in front of the new home—his first as a homeowner—a city guy finally living out in the country as he’d dreamed of for so long.

As the passage suggests, Robinson watched the video alongside a Star reporter. Captured on camera is eight minutes of Robinson sitting on the front steps of his new home, his hands cuffed behind his back, as an officer questioned him and waited for backup. Officers responding to the call eventually found Robinson’s story checked out: seeing evidence of items recently moved into the house and paperwork corroborating Robinson’s story. Uncuffing Robinson, they apologized and, upon Robinson’s request, helped him move in the TV.

But for obvious reasons, the entire experience is still unsettling to Robinson, who went to Tonganoxie Police Chief Greg Lawson to file a complaint about the interaction.

“If I’d been a white man, you know that wouldn’t happen,” Robinson told a Star reporter as he watched video of the August 19 incident. “I’m being handcuffed right here on my own damn property.”

He told the paper that had he been white, he would have been allowed to show his identification and retrieve his paperwork—the entire incident would be cleared up in a matter of minutes, without handcuffs.

“They’re thinking I’m stealing,” he said. “I’ve been hearing this for 40 years—getting pulled over, being searched. I’m not going to let this go.”

During the interaction, the officer who first arrived on the scene explained that there had been a lot of break-ins in the neighborhood recently.

“Out here?” Robinson asks, incredulously.

But after following up with his neighbors, Robinson told the paper last week that was a lie. No one he spoke to was aware of any break-ins, he said.

Chief Lawson maintains that race didn’t play a factor in how Robinson was treated, claiming that because the officer was alone, handcuffs were necessary.

“If I were on that call, by myself, no matter the race of the person, they would have been handcuffed,” Lawson told the paper.

A follow-up article from the Kansas City Star’s editorial board sided with Robinson, and demands a public apology from the Tonganoxie police for the humiliating incident.

Man, I hate moving even when I'm NOT being hassled by racist cops. And that chief is full of it.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Picking up eyeglasses while black

So a white guy reports seeing a gun and was 1000 percent sure it was a gun even when the cop is double checking and saying they had no reports. B/AA student with friend was picking up eyeglasses so it was probably his black eyeglass case that the "witness" saw and was sure it was a gun. I can understand the cops being careful when pulling him over but that's a lot of cops creating a very dangerous situation for the students. I wonder if they brought the white guy in for making a false report. If the students were white the "witness" would not have thought twice about what they were holding.

GLASSBORO, N.J. (WPVI) --
Glassboro police have released 13 body camera videos showing a controversial traffic stop of two Rowan University students earlier this month that escalated to guns drawn.

All of the videos, two-plus hours in total, can be seen below in their entirety.

The videos start when Glassboro officers respond to the report of a robbery at a mobile phone store on October 1.

A man runs to tell the officers he saw someone point a gun at a black Dodge Charger, get in the vehicle, and take off.

"He came out of the store with a gun in his hand and walked into the car with a gun," the man tells police. "I see the guy come out of the store with a gun...it was a black gun. 1000 percent."
https://6abc.com/police-release-bodycam-videos-of-rowan-traffic-stop/4453231/

Last edited: