YADT: Getting back on the horse.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: UDT89
Originally posted by: DougK62
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
Hi UDT89. I'm glad your date went well.

I feel your pain over losing your ex and trying to get out there again.

Be cool. Don't over-analyze things (I'm talking about your comment on her going to the bathroom and the phone). Let it happen if it happens, and don't go nuts if it doesn't. Not every girl is going to be "the one" but maybe you picked a winner. Give it some time and find out.

Good luck.

Thanks rump. i appreciate the kind words and encouragement.

Its the finding out part that has me stumbling. b/c i mean at some point you have to just ask......and i hate being forward.

Why do you have to ask? You'll know by her actions. It's obvious.

yea thats the problem......part of me thinks its obvious theres something there, but then part of me its just her being friendly.

ah whatever.

Yeah, I hear ya. You need to take the setting into account. If she acts like that at work then maybe she is into you, maybe she is just being friendly.

BUT, you were out on a date with her. She presumably knows that it was a date. Any flirting going on in that setting can be taken to mean that she's into you.

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Exactly what is your definition of "older".

But I feel ya, the dating game is definitely different going from teens to 20's.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003

Its the finding out part that has me stumbling. b/c i mean at some point you have to just ask......and i hate being forward.
I don't think you need to ask anything. What will come will come. I'm thinking that she's already got her mind made up about you, and it's now up to you to put in the time to figure out what's going on.

Women prefer confidence in guys. Just do as you do and play it as you'd like things to be. She'll put on the brakes if she's not interested in the direction you're headed.

You've done this before, and it's okay. Again, be cool and let it happen if it's going to happen.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer

I don't think you need to ask anything. What will come will come. I'm thinking that she's already got her mind made up about you, and it's now up to you to put in the time to figure out what's going on.

Women prefer confidence in guys. Just do as you do and play it as you'd like things to be. She'll put on the brakes if she's not interested in the direction you're headed.

You've done this before, and it's okay. Again, be cool and let it happen if it's going to happen.

i love this guy! probably b/c we think alike.

yea her mind is made up, i agree. and she does act the same way with me at work.....you know like running up behind me and jumping on my back, or like when i walk over to the bar she gets a water and a red bull ready for me.

i shouldnt be in a rush anyway.......its the first girl i dated since my ex. i need to get the F over myself.....lol

and when i say older i mean late 20's. :)

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Great job, UDT89. Sounds like an excellent 1st date. What's the minimum on a 2nd date...5-7days after the first one?

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: chambersc
Great job, UDT89. Sounds like an excellent 1st date. What's the minimum on a 2nd date...5-7days after the first one?

i have NO idea. and how do i follow up almost rink side seats at a hockey game?

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001

Well that's what's great about going out with a girl that likes you - you can do anything and it'll be fun. Just make sure that you have a plan before the date rolls around.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

i would do the total opposite. Think of the cheapest date you can. This will determine if she is a money grubbing whore.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim

i would do the total opposite. Think of the cheapest date you can. This will determine if she is a money grubbing whore.

lol awesome. i already know shes not like that.

im done thinking about it for at least a few days. i need to get drunk this weekend.......maybe she'll let me sleep over again :evil: lol

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Game was good, she drinks beer Sam Adams too. But she pees too much LOL. She missed 3 of the 5 goals scored. granted two goals were scored within a minute or two in the second period. part of me thought she was calling someone each time she went, but she left her phone and her bag at her seat......guess beer just makes her go. lol

Too much nose candy?

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I've not done much dating since breaking up with my last girlfriend. The few I have gone out with I've had a good time, but figured out pretty quick it wasn't going to work long term. I definitely enjoy the dating process, but it's hard being a bit older and meeting new people. It seems like everyone is married already!

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Sounds like a great girl.

I espeically like the texting her when you get home safe part.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Sounds like a great girl.

I espeically like the texting her when you get home safe part.

yea i agree. im trying not to read into every little thing, but its so hard.