YACT: Which car to get...page with info...POLL

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I spent the last hour or so getting that info and putting it into a spreadsheet. And convert to a decent looking html page.

LINK

Now that I've done that, I've got to narrow it down....

Please view the page before voting

Note: the top car is my current vehicle, prices are the trade in, owner sale, and dealer sale prices.

comments would help to as to why you choose what you did.
and the bonneville is probably a litte too pricey, but I stuck it up there for the heck of it.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Altima and Bonneville ( I voted for it)

My dad has a 95 bonneville. Car runs smooth and trouble free. Sure there are costs (which cars don't come on) it has an awsome engine with ample HP and torque for smooth fast driving, very good mileage, the ride is superb ( i get alot of positive comments from people who have ridden in it and can't believe its a GM) FWD... never gets stuck in snow :)

Its dependable, long lasting, starts up everytime. resale is not so great for older versians but GM has puts alot of effort into the car now and you can probably sell it at a good price. The ROOMY interior is a real plus you can romp around in there like no other..

1 negative.. NO 6 Speed :(

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
The Boneville does not have head turning styling. The only car I would consider on that list would be the Altima and I probably wouldn't consider that.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
The Boneville does not have head turning styling. The only car I would consider on that list would be the Altima and I probably wouldn't consider that.

The 2000+ modles do... sure my dada has an old one.. but I don't think GTR was reffering to an old one? Was he? Is he is.. get one that is 2000 and above then my man.

My friend has an Altima (the one that got the Lexus stolen) His interior is cheaper and shoddier than my dads.. and after seeing my dad's bonneville interior he can atest to that :p

But for the Value (4cylinder) the altima PWnS :D
V6 power in the Bonneville though :)

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
For the Altima, which is one of the lower-powered cars, you put sports-car power? The Sonata is just as powerful.. lol. The Crown Vic and Grand Marquis V8 have much more sports-car like power (not handling though :p). Anyway i'd probably pick the crown vic v8, either that or the bonneville, that car is chill...

difficult to maneuver? I guess you've driven small cars all your life :p if you like small cars don't look at the big boats, and vice versa

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
i'm not particularly fond of the choices you gave us, but my vote goes for the altima (my favorite among the given group)..

buying a used one for $14k wouldn't be the way to go imho, when you can get a new end-of-year 2.5S for around $16-$17k or something (and i think they're running 0.9% financing too, right?)

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm

Sure the styling is head turning. "Whoa, was that car really as ugly as I think it was?"

I voted for the Altima even though none of those options got me excited. What's wrong with looking for a used Accord or Camry?

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
to respond. these aren't my comments, the pros and cons are edmund's pros and cons, and "edmunds" is what their overall opinion is.

the reason i'm looking at these cars is that I'm looking to spend ~$11K-$14K on a relatively new, low mileage (20K or less) midsize or larger sedan and these are the only ones that edmunds brought back in that category.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
bump for the afternoon crowd.

but another thread has me thinking about trying to nab a loss leader...

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
I've got a 2001 Dodge Intrepid ES model and like it quite well. V6 with 225hp runs like a champ. Good gas mileage and nice styling.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I was wondering how long it would take before the Intrepid got a vote. I like the styling as well, but its a boat.

I'm thinking I'm going to test drive an alero gls first.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX

Why not get a GrandPrix GTP (going by your nick).

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
I don't like any of those choices you have listed... but if I have to pick, altima
have an alternate suggestion for a low mileage fairly new car for $11K-$14K?

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX

Why not get a GrandPrix GTP (going by your nick).
while I do like the outsides of them the interior is crap. a plastic mold. bleech.