YACT: GTP or GXP?

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
what would you choose? or would you choose the GT or some other brand?
----------------------------------------
GTP MSRP* $ 27,390.00

17-inch aluminum wheels

3.8L 3800 Series III SFI supercharged V6 engine

Four-way power lumbar adjuster for driver seat with Cloth interior

Full-Function Traction Control (powertrain- and brake-modulated)

Driver's Package includes six-way power driver seat, carpeted front/rear floormats and 17-inch painted aluminum wheels
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
GXP MSRP* $ 29,995.00

18-inch polished, forged aluminum wheels with Performance tires

5.3L 5300 V8 SFI

Dual exhaust pipes with chrome tips

Four-wheel independent high-performance suspension includes Bilstein mono-tube strut system

Magnasteer II rack-and-pinion, variable-assist power steering

StabiliTrak Stability Control System

TAPshift transmission controls includes paddle-style driver shift controls on steering wheel

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
thats what i was thinking, i don't know how a V6 w/ super charger would compare to the V8

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
im looking for a car thats practical (4 door, automatic) with enough room, but can haul ass when needed

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
I'd go with the GXP. Though the GTP is decent.

Still a grand prix though, which I'm not a fan of, but that's just personal pref, I'm sure both would serve you well. Keep in mind that the GTP has more parts to replace if something goes (Supercharger).

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Kenazo
I'd go with the GXP. Though the GTP is decent.

Still a grand prix though, which I'm not a fan of, but that's just personal pref, I'm sure both would serve you well. Keep in mind that the GTP has more parts to replace if something goes (Supercharger).

i was looking at the subaru WRX and the lancer, but i think there more expensive (and manuals)

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Legacy GT Limited edition (sedan or wagon)

automatic with manual sport shift

0-60 in under 6 seconds
i've seen sub 14 second timeslips STOCK. (manual tranny) - 14.4ish for the auto.

250hp / 250+ft/lbs
easily modded due to turbocharger potential.

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Rallispec

0-60 in under 6 seconds
i've seen sub 14 second timeslips STOCK. (manual tranny) - 14.4ish for the auto.

250hp / 250+ft/lbs

nice suggestion

is subaru pretty reliable?

i figure they're expensive to fix when stuff goes wrong

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
oh and it has to have the rear view cameras or im going to sue when running someone over because of my own stupidity :p

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Of those two, I'd go with the GXP...If I'm spending that much anyway, I might as well get the better performance

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
i do like the option on that subaru of all wheel drive too (me living in MN and all)

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Hell, you could get a new GTO for the price of the GXP with the dealer incentives on them right now.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: BriGy86

0-60 in under 6 seconds

250hp / 250+ft/lbs

nice suggestion

They are insanely reliable. In fact, last year they were the most reliable vehicles period. Better reliability rating than Honda or Toyota.

BTW-If you wait for the next gen WRX it is going to have the 2.5l turbo charged engine instead of the 2.0l engine it has currently. Don't know about the redesigned front end though, there is loads of misinformation and photochops floating around but no real information or spy photos yet.

BriGy86

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: BriGy86

0-60 in under 6 seconds

250hp / 250+ft/lbs

nice suggestion

They are insanely reliable. In fact, last year they were the most reliable vehicles period. Better reliability rating than Honda or Toyota.

BTW-If you wait for the next gen WRX it is going to have the 2.5l turbo charged engine instead of the 2.0l engine it has currently. Don't know about the redesigned front end though, there is loads of misinformation and photochops floating around but no real information or spy photos yet.

super, i'd like to try and buy american, but if the companies can't get there head on straight and make decent cars that are comparable to other international companies, i don't really care

would you happen to know how much more it is to fix a subaru rather than an american car if something goes wrong?