YACT: GTP or GXP?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Check out the new Dodge Charger coming out. 5.7L V8 RWD :thumbsup:

GM V8 FWD == torque steer from hell (which is fun mind you :p)

That said, I like Grand Prix's overall and I think you'd be happy with either. Check the Charger tho, I saw one at a dealership and it looks pretty nice tho not as roomy as a Grand Prix.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
nobody on the legacy forums complains about high repiar costs --- i think all new cars are fairly similar in that aspect. Of course - suppose it is a little higher. WHich is worse, the rare high cost repair, or the more occasionaly low cost repair which may be the case with some american brands.?

interesting article:

MSN Money - The cheapest cars to own (and fix)

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
edmunds.com 'cost to own' calculator

GTP Text

..................Year 1..........Year 2.....Year 3......Year 4....Year 5.........5-yr Total
Maintenance $329............$515.........$410.....$977.........$1,328..........$3,559
Repairs........ $0...............$0...........$127........$303.........$441............$871

LEgacy Text
Maintenance...$368............$848........$475..........$1,929.....$721...........$4,341
Repairs.........$0................$0.............$159...........$378.......$552.........$1,089

for what its worth, both should be cheap to own with proper maintenance..

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak

That said, I like Grand Prix's overall and I think you'd be happy with either. Check the Charger tho, I saw one at a dealership and it looks pretty nice tho not as roomy as a Grand Prix.
You could also get either a Magnum R/T AWD or 300C AWD :thumbsup:

DuBobD

Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak

You'd be surprised by the GXP's lack of torque steer. The 18x8 255/45 up front help keep the tires planted. I drove one multiple times and I would go for the GXP over the GTP any day. The GXP has better brakes, better handling, and the LS4 V8 sound is really nice to hear. I have a 2000 GTP that make 340hp and runs low 13's (soon to be high 12's). I don't think I would trade for the GXP right now since I upgraded the handling and working on upgrading the brakes, but if I bought a 04 or 05 GTP, I'd be pissed......the GXP is so much better of a car.
Granted, you can mod the GTP to be faster easier......beauty of being boosted.

ASK THE COMMUNITY