YACT: '96 Toyota Camry radiator cracked =(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Squisher
Originally posted by: iluvtruenos
5SFE I4 or something V6?

I think the I4 had a plastic radiator for that year, not really sure as I've worked on only one of each kind, and I remember one version had a plastic radiator.

Hmm, I was going to post about soldering, but I guess that wouldn't work.

J B Weld?

tried that on a honda plastic radiator. doesn't do sh1t

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
Originally posted by: iluvtruenos
And a jack and two stands high enough to be able to raise the car high enough to drop the radiator from the bottom.....not a simple job without a lift/jack and two high stands.

Drop it from the bottom? Never seen a car where you did that. Only thing you normally have to do from the bottom is remove the lower radiator hose. The only thing holding most radiators in is 2 bolts at the top and then they set in something on the bottom. Just pulls right out the top.

please stop posting. a 96 toyota camry is not a 74 ford.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i wonder if his engine is almost sludged.

mythbusters proved that one can seal a small hole temporarily with an egg dropped into the radiator. but a crack? thatsa too much.

and yea modern cars are convoluted .. who knows how much needs to be removed to get this radiator out. get a chiltons or haynes manual.