XFX Radeon HD 6870 leaked photos.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nenforcer

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2008
That card will look great in this case

6104569a.jpg

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
XFX seems to have attended the Pick-Up Truck School for Product Design

as a texas resident I feel like I should be offended by that remark. or, at least, my pickup is. ;)

evga can't make amd cards, a large part of their reputation is that they're the #1 top dog for nvidia. maybe if nvidia really tanks over the next few years in the consumer graphics business they'll be able to make the switch, but if they did it would probably have to be cold turkey the way xfx did it. Somehow, I don't see nvidia continuing to provide favored vendor status to evga if they get stabbed in the back by them.

Last edited:

Ares1214

Sep 12, 2010
Nvidia hasnt been treating its retailers like EVGA very well lately, especially with entering the market themselves. If Nvidia does good, they will probably stay. However, EVGA is also an Intel exclusive, so AMD as a whole would have to look nice. BD would really have to blow away SB and 6xxx mantain the lead until 7xxx. A lot of good things need to happen for them to even consider it id say, as they are well known for halo products.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
nah the board has solder points for two six-pin connectors to go off the back end, but there's only one soldered on there for the 6850 model

fullscreencapture101620b.jpg

I could of sworn I read it has 2 6 pin being used. Maybe I am confused and its the 6870 using 2.