XenForo 2.0 Upgrade: Announcement and Feedback Thread

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Big AT logo on top left still directs to the forums main page, and not the main AT page.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Please just offer the stock XenForo theme as an option, you don't even have to make it the default. The forums are not usable in the current state, both mobile or Desktop despite your suggestions that this new theme is better for mobile (it's patently worse in basically every way).

It would literally take seconds to just offer an option that dozens of people are asking for, your continued dismissal of what your user base is asking for is totally not going to go well for you in the end.

Reactions: Zorba

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I keep being prompted to accept cookie tracking, over and over again. Not every visit to the forums, but pretty often.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
"forums.anandtech.com" shows a blank page in Firefox 63.0.3 for some reason, but other browsers are fine. Nothing stands out as the obvious cause for this.

Same result as if I visit the main site and then click Forums. Main site itself works fine though. Odd.

Reactions: psolord

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
"forums.anandtech.com" shows a blank page in Firefox 63.0.3 for some reason, but other browsers are fine. Nothing stands out as the obvious cause for this.

Same result as if I visit the main site and then click Forums. Main site itself works fine though. Odd.

I had the same problem. Thought the forum was down?

What happended? It works now. I had tried ctrl+f5 numerous times in vain. It worked now.

It didn't work with chrome either. Maybe some plugin issue that got fixed? I have the same plugins on both.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
When you post to a thread when you are not on the last page and you get the message "More messages to see.. View Them" if you click the "View Them" link it takes you to the post you just posted and skips all other posts. This is extremely annoying, especially on mobile since you also can't select a specific page (WTF? you could do that in 1998).

IlllI

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2002
jesus I didn't think this forum could get any worse, but somehow it looks like hot garbage (vs plane old garbage with the previous xenforo change).
Forum is so ugly that it has killed any interest in me wanting to come back. Hope someone, somehow, can make a new VB theme for this monstrosity

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I had the same problem. Thought the forum was down?

What happended? It works now. I had tried ctrl+f5 numerous times in vain. It worked now.

It didn't work with chrome either. Maybe some plugin issue that got fixed? I have the same plugins on both.

I had the same thing happen on all browsers at one location, with no extensions installed. I thought AnAndTech was down. Got home and the forums were accessible without issue again.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
A couple of observations which lead to a suggestion:

1. There is no easy way to jump to a forum anymore, except from the homepage. The little box-above-three-boxes icon is gone. :(
2. There is a list of all the forums on the right column, but all it lets you do is post.

So, wouldn't it make sense to add a button there to "Read" or something, to go read a forum?
I went ahead and made a User Script for this.

Reactions: Jaskalas

CHADBOGA

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2009
How come I can't see how many pages in a topic, when I hover my mouse cursor over the thread title in a forum?

This was an initial problem that got fixed and now it is back. :confused:

moinmoin

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2017
What's the purpose for "watched forums" now? Before the update this alerted me of newly created threads. This is no longer happening, and there is no option to activate such alerts again in the preferences as far as I can see.

Last edited:

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
For me bolding the read threads and not bolding the unread threads is the wrong way around.

Also the large "AnandTech" logo in the upper left corner should like before link to the main page not the main forum page. It's confusing and useless.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
How in the world can you disable smilies? This is what I want to see. about:performance

Instead I see about:performance

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
Blank page po home page happened to me again. The go to wrong page then refresh home page trick fixed it.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I would think you could escape smileys, but don't see that as an option. You may just have to put in a space about: performance
There used to be a checkbox to disable smileys. I don't see it right now. I also don't see a way in quick reply to go to the advanced reply. Preview just shows a preview below the text box here and doesn't go to a new page like it used to.

Reactions: corkyg