XClio Windtunnel - Dual 250mm fans and hold the rice. - Egads!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

paydirt

Nov 2, 2006
If I was "intentionally stoking" my post count, I would post replies like this that say "thanks for the info" instead of my other posts which say something. Just because I reply to quite a few topics, it simply means I am looking at the topics and finding ones I consider appropriate for me to reply to. I am now checking these forums about once every 2 to 4 weeks and when I do, I look 3-4 pages in.

Why be snarky?

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
Just be a lurker like me :)
If anybody is even considering a case with the 250mm fans check out the xclio a380. I know everybody thinks it's ugly as hell but as an owner It cools the crap out of my system with very little dust and very little noise. which is all that matters.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Um yes I have it, it works great with excellent air flow. I put thermaltake thunderblades in the front intake and rear exhaust and those monster 250's push air out every vent in the case. There's a ton of room inside yet I've managed to fill it all up. I've got pics up of when I mounted my hsf but they still allow for you to see how large this case is on the inside. You can see them here. http://gphillips515.photosite.com/Album1/

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Not to sound harsh or anything but looks like some wire management improvement is needed. ;)

Edit: Okay, I just noticed the other pics had the improved wire management. Silly me.:eek:

Bluefront

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2002
Filter that big fan case? Sure, why not.....Here's my current project using a big fan on an Antec 4400 case, with a DIY removable filter housing. It runs clean, cool, quiet. Link.

Noubourne

Dec 15, 2003
Is Egads code for "I just puked in my mouth" - because that is one of the ugliest cases I have ever seen.

Heck, I wouldn't stick my build in that case with YOUR computer.

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
Originally posted by: paydirt
The only thing I don't like about that is the LED light on the fan and I don't really see where I can buy 250mm fans w/o LED to use as a replacement.

You can get them at performance-pcs.com or frozencpu.com. They both appear to have them in stock. Even if they are out of stock of the plain version, you can always just cut the wires to LEDs.

One of these is enough to create a very nice positive pressure system in a mid tower, I installed one on my Antec Sonata side panel and my ambient case temp runs about 5°C above room temperature. Using a Zalman fanmate 2 to dial it down to about 300 rpm it still keeps things quite cool inside and is barely audible. But two of them just seems like overkill.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Noubourne
Is Egads code for "I just puked in my mouth" - because that is one of the ugliest cases I have ever seen.

Heck, I wouldn't stick my build in that case with YOUR computer.

jealous? i think so.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Puffnstuff
Um yes I have it, it works great with excellent air flow. I put thermaltake thunderblades in the front intake and rear exhaust and those monster 250's push air out every vent in the case. There's a ton of room inside yet I've managed to fill it all up. I've got pics up of when I mounted my hsf but they still allow for you to see how large this case is on the inside. You can see them here. http://gphillips515.photosite.com/Album1/

Meh....I think Silverstone was too slow on the windtunnel patent!... I cant see the tunnel in that case??

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
It's just a name and the wind is generated by those two 25cm fans on the side panel. I love feeling the breeze exiting through the panels knowing that my temps are finally cool inside.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Well there are at least four companies putting out versions of the Silverstone TJ-06 style Windtunnel. Right now you can get the Aerocool Spiral Galaxies version for a song ($45.00 +sh in your Newegg member newsletter) - try to put some of these monster HSFs in under the tunnel in those cases... :roll:

.bh.