Xbox Series X

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I wonder if we'll see a timed exclusive thing: Exclusive for a year or for the current gen before releasing on another platform?

I can see making money off the "whales" first with an exclusive release, then once sales slow to a trickle (or the gen turns over) release prior gen's exclusive titles on the competing current gen platform as GOTY editions or whathaveyou.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I think when people say "death of Xbox" they are referring specifically to the Xbox consoles. The Xbox platform will exist for a long time imo that ain't going anywhere.

I'm referring to the console. My point with the Surface was MS can make hardware while selling the same software it runs to other hardware makers. I can def see the Xbox following the same path.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024
Times when games where all time exclusives for one console only are far away, now game developers understand that in order to maximize their profit they need to extend to other platforms as well, and especially Microsoft who always used to offer their exclusive games on PC as well. I actually like it, because I am more of a PC gamer and I like to replay my old console games with a much better quality and graphics.

Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
1708125629963.png

Largest technical leap ever without a disc drive? Are they going to offer an external Bluray drive? What are they going to do for the leap? Use 8P/4E Raptor Lake Refresh with ARC Battlemage?

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Largest technical leap ever without a disc drive?

I believe Phil is talking about a future console several years from now and not this refresh.

Are they going to offer an external Bluray drive?

Possibly.

What are they going to do for the leap? Use 8P/4E Raptor Lake Refresh with ARC Battlemage?

Current speculation is talking about Zen 5/RDNA5 (or past that, depending on how long from now). If AMD gets scalable chiplets working, there is the opportunity to go crazy if MS wants. But I would not want to know what the price would be... Multiple SKUs would for sure be needed.