Question Xbox Series X and AMD Zen 2 CPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Read killster1 comment talking about his 1440p monitor and how people are too poor to buy new tech.

It was sarcasm :)
I SAID TV FROM 2018 SAMSUNG NU8000 you guys are silly its a 4k tv that does 1440@120hz sorry you really dont know what you are talking about but pretend to. good luck to you, no i dont play 4k@120hz because i simply dont have the power to with my pc. but you sure as hell wont have that power with a 500$ xbox is my point. when i do have the power i will purchase a 4k@120hz TV Or monitor what ever i choose at the time. yes this is 2020 why you guys stuck on 60hz. lulz

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
I cant tell if this comment is serious or not because this entire thread is full of so many troll comments but there is no difference between "TV" Hz and "Monitor" Hz.

He's referring to TVs being marketed as 120 Hz or 240 Hz but in reality only have half that refresh rate. They use motion blur techniques to claim that it provides the equivalent fluidity of the higher refresh rates they advertise. It doesn't really work well, especially for gaming.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
no i dont play 4k@120hz because i simply dont have the power to with my pc. but you sure as hell wont have that power with a 500$ xbox is my point.

To be clear, you never mentioned a model number or the fact that it was a 4k TV. You only mentioned you have a 1440p monitor @ 120hz. Several people pointed out they had not seen a TV at 1440p. You never bothered responding to them.

"Microsoft also has its eyes set on the future beyond launch day as it's accounting for 8K resolution down the line and 120Hz refresh rate."

Not to mention the current Xbox One X and S will actually already do 120hz, but it is limited to due to it's older HDMI 2.0. That will be fixed with the new console with an HDMI 2.1 connection. Hence the support for 4K @ 120hz.

But again, you sure as hell know more than Microsoft. Good point.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I SAID TV FROM 2018 SAMSUNG NU8000 you guys are silly its a 4k tv that does 1440@120hz sorry you really dont know what you are talking about but pretend to. good luck to you, no i dont play 4k@120hz because i simply dont have the power to with my pc. but you sure as hell wont have that power with a 500$ xbox is my point. when i do have the power i will purchase a 4k@120hz TV Or monitor what ever i choose at the time. yes this is 2020 why you guys stuck on 60hz. lulz
To be clear, you never mentioned a model number or the fact that it was a 4k TV. You only mentioned you have a 1440p monitor @ 120hz. Several people pointed out they had not seen a TV at 1440p. You never bothered responding to them.

"Microsoft also has its eyes set on the future beyond launch day as it's accounting for 8K resolution down the line and 120Hz refresh rate."

Not to mention the current Xbox One X and S will actually already do 120hz, but it is limited to due to it's older HDMI 2.0. That will be fixed with the new console with an HDMI 2.1 connection. Hence the support for 4K @ 120hz.

But again, you sure as hell know more than Microsoft. Good point.
show me where i said the word monitor? xbox one x does 120hz that is great news to me and exciting. i clearly stated which tv i own and that its a 4k tv that i use 1440p with. go one about what ever you want tho i guess

linaaslt

Aug 8, 2013
anyone that buys a monitor for gaming would agree, i just use a samsung tv with 120hz@1440p but i dont game alot. when i do i dont like 60hz ;( maybe ALOT of people use 60hz because thats all they have along with 1050ti and 720p just because they dont have or cant afford or are 10 years old. this is a 2020 500$ machine@!!! 60hz should be embarrassing.

I do love my 4K monitor, sadly it's 60hz, but i've got no problems as many others using 4K resolution. 1440p is so much yesterday. And for majority of us 60hz is still fine, and will still be for few years. Not everyone can afford new TV, and some of us has a better way to spend our money, then buying something we don't need. So Ps5 or new Xbox with 60hz will do wonders for majority of gamers.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
show me where i said the word monitor? xbox one x does 120hz that is great news to me and exciting. i clearly stated which tv i own and that its a 4k tv that i use 1440p with. go one about what ever you want tho i guess

Your post:
"anyone that buys a monitor for gaming would agree, i just use a samsung tv with 120hz@1440p but i dont game alot. when i do i dont like 60hz ;( maybe ALOT of people use 60hz because thats all they have along with 1050ti and 720p just because they dont have or cant afford or are 10 years old. this is a 2020 500$ machine@!!! 60hz should be embarrassing. "

Sorry buddy, but you never mentioned your TV was 4K until AFTER I made a joke about your whole 1440p statement. I said monitor by accident in my joke, but corrected myself in the very post you quoted (my bad, it was a joke anyways). You were totally incorrect about the 120hz support and claiming of " but you sure as hell wont have that power with a 500$ xbox is my point. ".

Run along now.

Reactions: spursindonesia

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Your post:
"anyone that buys a monitor for gaming would agree, i just use a samsung tv with 120hz@1440p but i dont game alot. when i do i dont like 60hz ;( maybe ALOT of people use 60hz because thats all they have along with 1050ti and 720p just because they dont have or cant afford or are 10 years old. this is a 2020 500$ machine@!!! 60hz should be embarrassing. "

Sorry buddy, but you never mentioned your TV was 4K until AFTER I made a joke about your whole 1440p statement. I said monitor by accident in my joke, but corrected myself in the very post you quoted (my bad, it was a joke anyways). You were totally incorrect about the 120hz support and claiming of " but you sure as hell wont have that power with a 500$ xbox is my point. ".

Run along now.
here is a quote from my last post " xbox one x does 120hz that is great news to me and exciting. "

seems like you dont even read my posts so why bother. glad you are so hyped up! excited for 4k@120hz tv's and hdmi 2.1 hope the 3 series has it, i have been waiting so long for a tv upgrade and gfx upgrade. hell id even buy one of these xbox's if my kids wanted one. i didnt see anywhere about what its output was or if it was hdmi 2.1 display port hdmi 2 etc.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
seems like you dont even read my posts so why bother.

I quoted your post. Your last post was to my reply of you posting MISINFORMATION saying that the Xbox can't do 120hz. Now you're trying to twist it around and act like you even know what you are talking about. No one is hyped up. You can't even follow your own conversation.

Glad you changed your answer and realized how wrong you were. But yeah, I can't read.

" i didnt see anywhere about what its output was or if it was hdmi 2.1 display port hdmi 2 etc."

Because you obviously haven't even tried to read the links I posted and other information that is all over the internet. You simply post "to bad it cant do 1440@120hz like a PC who uses 60hz nowdays? "

Very uneducated response with total misinformation. But sure, go ahead and try to blame me or twist the actual conversation to suit your own desire to be right. Have at it buddy. Can't wait to see your response. We need another laugh.

Last edited:

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
Maybe if you were willing to buy 100 million cards.

Not really true, the gap was never like this, they are selling to MS the equivalent of a 3700X along with a unreleased absolutely top of the line Navi GPU and the whole console will probably cost less than a equivalent Navi GPU once released. This means to get a PC with equivalent console power you need to spend about x4 the money, maybe more, this never happened before and this means that the hardware that the are selling on PC sector is overpriced.

JasonLD

Aug 22, 2017
Not really true, the gap was never like this, they are selling to MS the equivalent of a 3700X along with a unreleased absolutely top of the line Navi GPU and the whole console will probably cost less than a equivalent Navi GPU once released. This means to get a PC with equivalent console power you need to spend about x4 the money, this never happened before and this means that the hardware that the are selling on PC sector is overpriced.

MS can sell those consoles with little to no profit. And by the time those consoles launch, or not long after, we will be looking at new generation of lineup from both AMD and Nvidia.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
Not really true, the gap was never like this, they are selling to MS the equivalent of a 3700X along with a unreleased absolutely top of the line Navi GPU and the whole console will probably cost less than a equivalent Navi GPU once released. This means to get a PC with equivalent console power you need to spend about x4 the money, maybe more, this never happened before and this means that the hardware that the are selling on PC sector is overpriced.

It's not overpriced if it's selling way better than Intel. Surely Intel is overpriced then as well?

Reactions: DarthKyrie