Xbox 360 Arcade + $50 gift card + 2 games - $150 at Walmart/Amazon/Target

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erick_dj

Jun 19, 2010
Managed to get 3 xbox arcades friday and saturday from Target. Got all three of them for $136.xx plus the $50 gift card, so I pretty much got them for $86.xx a piece, killer deal. I'm keeping one of the 360's, one is for my brother in-law and one for my dad.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Bit on the $149 one at walmart right before the target deal showed. Has HDMI, looks like it's the new 65nm part.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Also snagged two over the weekend at Target for $136.xx plus the $50 gift card..great deal..best of year for me so far..also picked up the xbox 360 hd case and wd scorpio blue 250gb drive for $50(per SD)...so all in all $140 for an xbox 360 w/ 250gb HD..not too shabby.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Any reason why picking this up as a Windows 7 Media Center extender is a bad idea?

Spelvin

Oct 11, 2006
The Target deal was dead when I went in Sunday morning...Anyone else get one at Target after Saturday night?

mleejr

Oct 19, 2007
I ordered it online from Target and only got 30 gift card, 16$ ship and price was 150$. You think they can price match it back?

mleejr

Oct 19, 2007
I just called. They wouldn't do it because, as they said, target.com is different than the target B&M! What S#!@ heads! Wow did I learn my lesson. No more target.com. Won't even honor their own company! Sorry, thats a different part of the same company?! What?!
So stupid.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I just called. They wouldn't do it because, as they said, target.com is different than the target B&M! What S#!@ heads! Wow did I learn my lesson. No more target.com. Won't even honor their own company! Sorry, thats a different part of the same company?! What?!
So stupid.

That's policy at alot of places, Walmart.com as well.
Hate to say it, but it's your fault for not doing your research.

mleejr

Oct 19, 2007
That's policy at alot of places, Walmart.com as well.
Hate to say it, but it's your fault for not doing your research.

I was waiting for the typical a-hole response. I'm well aware it's their policy, that is why I posted. I've run into this kind of crap before. It's not a matter of 'research'. I had already ordered it and was on vacation. I figured I would try to give them a call and see if they would honor their OWN COMPANIES prices. I love how people just post these jerky responses just to make themselves feel better.

It's the policy at bestbuy.com as well. Guess what? I've done something similar at BestBuy and they worked with me and matched their own prices.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I was waiting for the typical a-hole response. I'm well aware it's their policy, that is why I posted. I've run into this kind of crap before. It's not a matter of 'research'. I had already ordered it and was on vacation. I figured I would try to give them a call and see if they would honor their OWN COMPANIES prices. I love how people just post these jerky responses just to make themselves feel better.

It's the policy at bestbuy.com as well. Guess what? I've done something similar at BestBuy and they worked with me and matched their own prices.

So you knew it was the policy and you took a chance and lost.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm saying you agreed to a deal, and got upset when they wouldn't honor a better deal.
Whether things like this work varies, the next guy that called asking for a break may have gotten one.
I've gotten deals at some Bestbuys that the store 5 miles away wouldn't honor, that's the way it goes, and I didn't whine about it.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001

So... You're aware of their policy, yet bitch and moan when they honor their own policy?

Was that response "typical a-hole" enough for you?

SHAQ

Aug 5, 2002
I believe Best Buy honors BestBuy.com prices. It is not everywhere that does this.

mleejr

Oct 19, 2007
So... You're aware of their policy, yet bitch and moan when they honor their own policy?

Was that response "typical a-hole" enough for you?

I was not aware previously, I was aware after I called.

And it is a-hole enough...thank you.

They ended up honoring it BTW. Someone at target.com has some business sense. They still have me as a customer.

Someone that comes up after someone's loss, especially when that loss is based upon the other party being shifty, and then says something to effect of "too bad"..."shoulda read the find print", etc...then yes....absolutely...they are a-holes.

A more non-ahole response would be something to the effect of saying "I've been burned by that in the past and read the fine print now. It is cheesy that online companies do not honor their brick and mortar..."

You are saying it just to be an a-hole. No other reason. It is a dumb policy. I understand that that is the policy. I get it...thanks for pointing it out after I said it. It is a cheesy policy. How about I act more like you and go around to all the forum posts here where people don't get their rebates and post how they didn't follow the 34 rebate instructions to a tee. It's their fault. They know that. No need to rub it in their faces. It accomplishes nothing but makes you feel better about yourself by knocking others down.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
> 06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
> Today, 11:02 AM

If it takes you almost two months to come up with a snappy retort, just let it go man it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.