Xbox 360 Arcade + $50 gift card + 2 games - $150 at Walmart/Amazon/Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I'm surprise no one has posted this yet. Walmart has a deal where you can purchase an Xbox 360 Arcade bundle (comes with Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts) for $149 and you get a $50 Wal-Mart gift card. Assuming you want to spend any money at Walmart, this is like getting the 360 Arcade for $100. I think this may be online only, not sure about that.

Walmart Xbox 360 Arcade Deal

EDIT: Amazon is now matching this deal, except the $50 is an Amazon video game credit.

Xbox 360 Arcade Deal @ Amazon

EDIT: Target has now raised their gift card to $50 as well.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Nice. Not the greatest games, but for free I can't complain too much. If you get this you'd probably want to find an external drive sooner rather than later, as I believe with the new Slim model 360 they will stop making these old external ones all together.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
i just upgraded my current one to a 250g drive...so i have my old 20 lying around..this is tempting.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
I believe with the new Slim model 360 they will stop making these old external ones all together.

I HIGHLY doubt they'll stop making the old HDD's. Just because there's a new format doesn't change the fact that more than likely for the rest of the 360's existance the "old" style 360's will outnumber the newer style 10:1 at least.

They didn't phase out DVD's when BluRay came around.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
I HIGHLY doubt they'll stop making the old HDD's. Just because there's a new format doesn't change the fact that more than likely for the rest of the 360's existance the "old" style 360's will outnumber the newer style 10:1 at least.

They didn't phase out DVD's when BluRay came around.

they'll stop making them when people stop buying them. I'd guess that a few months after the old 360s sell out, everyone who wants an HDD will have bought one.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
Can the Xbox 360 Arcade play streaming netflix without Xbox Live? I assume streaming from a PC is easy to do correct. Just thinking about using it for a htpc front end. Wish it played Blue-Ray.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
they'll stop making them when people stop buying them. I'd guess that a few months after the old 360s sell out, everyone who wants an HDD will have bought one.

But when are they going to stop making them? Right now they're making a new smaller 250GB model, I thought they were going to continue to manufacture the original Arcade model as well...maybe that'll change soon though.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
But when are they going to stop making them? Right now they're making a new smaller 250GB model, I thought they were going to continue to manufacture the original Arcade model as well...maybe that'll change soon though.

I figured they'd make an arcade out of the slim and just not pop the HD in there. Guess they never said they would, that was just my guess.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
It wouldn't surprise me if they did but I don't think it's going to be for a little while. I've heard it mentioned that they'd sell the Arcade model and the new 250 GB slim model and phase out the 120GB Elite, I've heard nothing of them axing the original designed Arcade in favor of a slim.

TheMadScot

Feb 15, 2006
Just FYI, the Walmart store ad from Sunday had the Arcade for $199 with a $50 gift card. As of today, the price has been lowered to $149 and you still get the gift card.

When I first had mine scanned, it was still ringing up $199, but I checked with a manager who confirmed that the price had dropped but they hadn't put it in the system yet. She changed it on the spot, and away I went.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
all I get is this:
Product Not Found!
We're sorry, but the item you are looking for cannot be found.
Please use either our search tool, or browse the virtual aisles by clicking on a department icon above.
Thanks again for visiting Walmart.com!
The Walmart.com site includes Flash technology. To avoid interruption of software designed to aid visually-impaired people, please turn off your Flash player.

ESQ

Dec 4, 1999
I've got an original Halo 3 xbox that died (two leds). Does this arcade have the hdmi out so I could just swap guts and away I go? Any thoughts? This is better than having the Halo model fixed.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I've got an original Halo 3 xbox that died (two leds). Does this arcade have the hdmi out so I could just swap guts and away I go? Any thoughts? This is better than having the Halo model fixed.

Yup, it has HDMI. You should just be able to pop your hard drive on and go. Don't forget to do a license migration though.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Say I don't want the games I purchased to get damaged and wished to back them up as a precautionary measure. Are there any clear guides for enabling the ability to play these backup games? So far I've figured out mine is the BenQ drive. Some of the stuff I've read is a couple years old and some of them seem to vary on the method so I guess I'm looking for the most recent/best way.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Say I don't want the games I purchased to get damaged and wished to back them up as a precautionary measure. Are there any clear guides for enabling the ability to play these backup games? So far I've figured out mine is the BenQ drive. Some of the stuff I've read is a couple years old and some of them seem to vary on the method so I guess I'm looking for the most recent/best way.

Don't even begin to talk about that stuff. Thread will get locked and you'll probably get a warning/infraction if not a temp ban. Whatever reasoning you want to use to make YOU think is legal is now how the law sees it, so that's how the forum treats it as well. Best to find another forum for that discussion.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
that may sound cheap up front but in the long run just getting the new slimmer XBOX 360 makes much more sense if you do a lot of gaming. it runs cooler and quieter, has a 250gb hd and some games require hd, and has built in wifi so no overpriced adapter

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004

Don't even begin to talk about that stuff. Thread will get locked and you'll probably get a warning/infraction if not a temp ban. Whatever reasoning you want to use to make YOU think is legal is now how the law sees it, so that's how the forum treats it as well. Best to find another forum for that discussion.

+1, I don't care how honorable your intentions are, that's a one way ticket to an infraction. If you want to keep your discs safe install them to the HDD so they're not spinning and handle them with care.

And on top of that you've got to mod your console to do it which won't let you use Xbox Live, that's the bread and butter of the console.

that may sound cheap up front but in the long run just getting the new slimmer XBOX 360 makes much more sense if you do a lot of gaming. it runs cooler and quieter, has a 250gb hd and some games require hd, and has built in wifi so no overpriced adapter

Not really. My Jasper Arcade unit is nearly silent when the game is installed to the HDD and runs quite cool. I don't really want WiFi for gaming and I have no clue how you'd fill up a 250 GB HDD. I got my 60GB for around $50 a year and a half ago and it has five 360 games (Including both Forza discs, that's over 10 gigs), 10+ XBLA games (including Shadow Complex which is huge), and tons of add ons installed and I still have nearly 10 gigs left. I guess if you wanted to installed every game you owned it's possible.

If you do want to run WiFi or plan on installing TONS of stuff I guess it would make it cheaper in the long run but I don't think that it's much better of a deal that what is essentially a $100 arcade unit.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Also, isn't it rumored that Msft will enable USB storage in a future firmware update?

Status
Not open for further replies.