WTF is happening in America? It's Time for Men to take back their rightful place

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Dari

Even in politics, liberals advocate a softer, gentler America. In the mean time it is acceptable to tolerate intolerance.
It's Neocon Pillowbiters like you who are making a big stink about profanity and nudity on the airwaves

Maybe if you sprang $9.95 a month for the playboy channel you wouldn't need to turn to the network stations for glimpses of nipplage.
Only Meat Farmers like you needs to pay to see Nipplage

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Coming from the same guy who complained the the "rampant homosexuality" in Europe caused the streets to "smell of open ass"...

rolleye.gif

Edit:

Here are some interesting Dari comments over the past year...

I'm not trying to suppress any damn feelings. I took this vacation last year with my gf all over western europe. to make a long story short, I was shocked to see so many effeminate (sic?) men. men wearing pink. men wearing tights. men hitting on other men. men chasing other men. they ate. they laughed. they talked aloud about their personal matters. some of the streets smelled of open ass. aside from the fact that many of the natives couldn't speak english, this was the only thing confused me and put a (bit of a) downer on the trip. My girlfriend had a great time though.

Thread

and..

I've been to Europe (UK, Paris, Vienna, and Bacelona) and boy are most men (on continental Europe) over there borderline gay. It's sad to see what an absence of military culture can do to them. The guys wear tights. They wear those french hats and put on lipsticks. They walk as if they had high-heels on. Whenever they stretch out their hand, the wrist is always flabby. And they gossip. But the worse thing was waiting. I remember going to this coffee shop in Vienna with my gf. After about 5 minutes I asked for our check. The waiter to nearly half an hour to return. I'm a new yorker and waiting half an hour for anything is an eternity. If it wasn't for my gf, I would've left that hole in the wall. In Paris, the guys are always spitting in the street, being careful not to ruin their lipsticks.

Europe is too feminine for me. It is in serious need of a wake-up call.

Thread
Cliff's Notes

[*]Dari's a moron. Just ignore him.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Ok, so all the real men on this board step forward.

We are all going to pledge to watch Clint Eastwood and John Wayne movies. Drink beer, and watch sports on tv.

Metrosexual?!?!? WTF is that?

I would love to see a return to the good ol' South when men were gentleman, knew how to treat a lady without being condesending, but yet still knew how to be men.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Originally posted by: Eli
People are going to be how people are going to be. Why bitch about it?

Sheesh, older generations. Always freaking out over "new generations". ;)

Dude, It's not about how 'our generation' is. It is about how it is portrayed. There is like some sort of agenda to portray the female as dominant and it scares some of us. I'm definitely not in the 'older generation' category.. I've noticed a change from the 80's to now..

Like I said, women being dominant is the old media norm.. Look at Home Improvement.. or even the Man Show. Men are portrayed as stupid slobs who can't think about anything but beer and the game, and sometimes sex.

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Ever watch those Met-RX Worlds Strongest Man competitions? Nothing gets more adrenaline and stuff going than that stuff. I'm always in complete amazement watching those guys.

/joke on
Yeah, They should fix their hair up a bit. Also a nice little muscle outfit would go well.
/joke off

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: tranceport
Gold ole south still exist's. It's all these yankee's that have this stuff protrayed as metro sexual or whatever you guys are callin it.

Side note: I thought GAY was a banned word here?

depends on who uses it and how

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

Even in politics, liberals advocate a softer, gentler America. In the mean time it is acceptable to tolerate intolerance.
It's Neocon Pillowbiters like you who are making a big stink about profanity and nudity on the airwaves

Maybe if you sprang $9.95 a month for the playboy channel you wouldn't need to turn to the network stations for glimpses of nipplage.
Only Meat Farmers like you needs to pay to see Nipplage

Ya, you get yours for free on E! and CBS half time shows.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Eh, "real men" don't go around bitching about how no one is a real man anymore. They just act how they think they should act and don't worry what everyone else is doing. Believe it or not, you don't need others to validate your behavior for you. As a side note, I still don't understand why straight men would ask for fashion advice from gay guys. I'm trying to attract chicks, not gay dudes. Seems pretty straight forward to me ;) Edit: No pun intented :p

Also, I find it interesting that I agree with Red Dawn. Hasn't happened all that much...interesting :)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Eh, "real men" don't go around bitching about how no one is a real man anymore. They just act how they think they should act and don't worry what everyone else is doing. Believe it or not, you don't need others to validate your behavior for you. As a side note, I still don't understand why straight men would ask for fashion advice from gay guys. I'm trying to attract chicks, not gay dudes. Seems pretty straight forward to me ;) Edit: No pun intented :p

Also, I find it interesting that I agree with Red Dawn. Hasn't happened all that much...interesting :)
That HeroOfPellinor is a Meat Farmer?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Eh, "real men" don't go around bitching about how no one is a real man anymore. They just act how they think they should act and don't worry what everyone else is doing. Believe it or not, you don't need others to validate your behavior for you.
Agreed. Thank you.

As a side note, I still don't understand why straight men would ask for fashion advice from gay guys. I'm trying to attract chicks, not gay dudes. Seems pretty straight forward to me ;)
Have you watched the show and seen the before and after on some of those guys? They mostly start out as slobs and end up just looking well-dressed and well-groomed, not fruity. You don't have to smell bad and wear nothing but plaid flannel to prove how manly you are. ;)

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
You can't turn on the television without seeing a new gay show. Men on network television are either soft and weak or brutush and stupid.

Women are given free time to chastize men. But it would be politically unacceptable for the opposite to happen.

It is now hip and cool to be a metrosexual. Forget manliness, the effeminate male is in fashion.

These are some of the issues that I take issue with. What kind of generation of men are we creating who have to apologize for being a man?

What you meant to say:
"Why aren't there any strong men in the media these days?".

What you actually said:
"I'm so insecure and afraid of gays and strong women that I can't even watch them on TV. Why won't they all just go away?".

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Why are all of you people complaining so much? If you don't like what's in the media, IGNORE or TURN OFF the media.

While I'm not a "real man" in the old-western killing large animals singlehandedly sense, I'm not in the least bit a metrosexual either. I have some friends in both of those categories though, and I don't mind either way. SO WHAT if people want to be metrosexual right now? That's their thing. You can stick to yours; nobody's forcing you to do anything.

Furthermore, not all gays fit into the profile of effeminate man. I CAN be that way, but most of the time, I'm not.

And as for all of the gay TV shows out there... I see some of them dying off. Hopefully sooner, rather than later. I've watched Queer Eye a few times, but I'm not about to make it a regular practice. I watch Will & Grace as much as I can, but that's about it for gay shows. Most of my TV watching time (which is little anyway) is spent with CSI (1 or 2), Alias, The District, or Threat Matrix.

Now that I think about it, I do watch the Golden Girls quite a bit. :-/ My grandpa got me hooked on that 10 years ago. I think that he was a better "man" than most of you will ever be.