WTF: I got GTA'ed today!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: EXman
Not surprising I think the most stolen car is still an accord. your camry parts are worth alot.

True, Accord and Camry parts are interchangable throughout so many years of cars that they are worth a lot. Whereas you steal another type of car and the parts might only work for that particular model for the years 95-97 or something like that.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I hope that you had comprehensive insurance on your car! If you did, the only loss that you'll get out of this is the comprehensive deductible, along with whatever items that you had in the car.

psianime

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2002
haha... I drive an '87 Civic.. no one will steal that.. not even if I left it running while I wasn't in it.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
We had a car stolen and taken for a joyride once, just hope it does get stripped out and burnt or something. If you get it back you'll get a car that will never be the same again....

Sorry to hear it though man that really sucks.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: jooksing
i always locked my car. No club, no lojack. I was in the store for about a hour reading. *sigh* what a weekend....

See what happens when you read, do you feel smarter now that you have read for an hour. j/k

Seriously, that would just suck. Don't you wish you could ballbat them down mafia style.

KK

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: psianime
haha... I drive an '87 Civic.. no one will steal that.. not even if I left it running while I wasn't in it.

sure they would. parts in demand, although less so than the 92-95 generation.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Staley8
Originally posted by: EXman
Not surprising I think the most stolen car is still an accord. your camry parts are worth alot.

True, Accord and Camry parts are interchangable throughout so many years of cars that they are worth a lot. Whereas you steal another type of car and the parts might only work for that particular model for the years 95-97 or something like that.

The Accord and Camry parts are interchangable??? I had no idea... which generations???

alocurto

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 1999
if insurance covers it make sure you make note of the 2 pimped out laptops in your trunk. Why 2 you ask? I want one cause I thought of it!

good luck with all this. Don't let it get you down. Go out and party! U don't gotta be the DD!:beer:

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
If noone saw or heard anything it probably wasn't joyriders. I doubt a joyrider could steal a locked car without making a scene.
Expect by the end of next week for your car to be replacement parts of several other cars. :(

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Spikesoldier
i read on msn that camrys are prime target for car theives

Thye are. There is abig markt for the older ones too (the 1988 to 1991 model). My friend (owner of 88 Camry) was approached by a mall security guard to make sure it was his car..since a few had been stolen from the lot earlier.

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
Was this at the borders at ucla? Their underground parking lot is the worse place any car can be... it's dark, noisy, and its got no security cameras.

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
this was pasadena. I called the insurance people...gotta wait till tomorrow to hear from this since it was late saturday. man, this is such a hassle. Might have to get some new wheels. I won't be taking the honeys for a ride for a while :(

GiLtY

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2000
grr that sucks, bad thing always happen to good people.

Have a :beer:

--GiLtY

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
damn jooksing!! i truly hope it turns out okay. that sucks!! better urge those cops to find the guy before they get too far.

EMPshockwave82

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2003
definately sorry to hear it man... sucks hardcore... i'm with everyone that says rep parts for other cars tho man... and that i wouldnt want the car back if it was joyriders either... rather pay the insurance deductable and get something a little less nice so it isnt jacked too with the money

PCboy

Jul 9, 2001
what year is your camry? my neighbors leave their camry (1994?) running all the time when he parks it and I live in a pretty crappy neighborhood. Anyhow, hope they find your car..

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: jooksing
Dude, where's my car!?

lol

well, it really sucks what happened to ur car...i'm really sorrry...i hope the police will find it soon man...

but lol, i just had to laugh @ ur post there....man..hehe sorry..but..lol..dohh.. :(