WTF: I got GTA'ed today!

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I was at Borders picking something up when i came back to find my car was gone. I had a four door unriced Camry. Right now the cops have the plate number so all i can hope is that it'll be found, hopefully unstripped in a day or two. :|

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
That sucks! jooksing, I hope it all turns out okay :(

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Not surprising I think the most stolen car is still an accord. your camry parts are worth alot.

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
i always locked my car. No club, no lojack. I was in the store for about a hour reading. *sigh* what a weekend....

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
You should have ran after him with an invisible gun shouting "get out of my car asshole!" ;)

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Thats crazy! No security cameras in the parking lot?

Do you have a regular key ignition or is it one of those fancy smancy electronic ones? Maybe someone thought it was their car :D

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
regular ignition. No cameras or rent a cops. Anybody know how often stolen cars are recovered?

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: jooksing
regular ignition. No cameras or rent a cops. Anybody know how often stolen cars are recovered?
I think it depends on why it was stolen. If it was kids taking for a ride, it will probably turn up somewhere. If it was taken for parts, the odds aren't real good.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
well obviously some kid was playing a video game and wanted to imitate it in real life so they stole your car in broad daylight like a professional theif

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: jooksing

If my car was stolen, I would hope I don't get it back... If it was taken for a joyride, those thieves would've beaten the crap out of it... who knows what kinda problems would result a couple of years down the road because of this abuse...

I would much rather they strip/trash/burn it so I dont have to find out a couple of years down the road...

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
I didn't do it.

*Looks at username....* LMFAO

Sorry to hear about your misfourtune jooksing. I hope they find your car in once piece with not much damage.

WarCon

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2001
When I lived in El Cajon (bad neighbor to San Diego) across from a crack house, some crack head yanked my stereo in broad daylight after jacking my door lock all to heck with a screwdriver or something. My neighbor was under his car fixing his VW Bug right across from this guy and couldn't get him before he yanked my stereo/eq and most of my lower dash and ran.

Before I could afford to replace the lock, someone stole it. The police officer said unless it turned up on the side of the road or was used in a crime, there wasn't much hope of getting it back. This was before joy-riding became a big thing though, so ............

I feel for ya........:( Getting your car stolen sure makes you feel pretty violated.