WTF? Aircraft crashed into building in NYC? **UPDATE** Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle on the plane

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: MS Dawn
Holy Crap!

This webcam is just above the fire!

Text

:shocked:

Shenanigans:

"Wired New York Webcam 3 is located in Weehawken, NJ"

Also the fire is already out but the "fire" in the cam is still lit. Someone's just having fun at your expense. Or you're trying to have fun at ours.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: iwearnosox

Shenanigans:

Also the fire is already out but the "fire" in the cam is still lit. Someone's just having fun at your expense. Or you're trying to have fun at ours.

Yes it should be - the webcam above the fire should have "witnessed" the crash across the river. I checked it earlier on and it was raining in sheets. Now where are those flames coming from? Webcam 1 (looking the other way) shoes no fire but it's zoomed way out.

I don't have the connection quality to run the tower cam - I'm 50 miles off the coast of Nova Scotia currently.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000

Shenanigans:

Yes it should be - the webcam above the fire should have "witnessed" the crash across the river.
Not really, too many buildings in the way and too far away with today's visibility.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006

Shenanigans:

Yes it should be - the webcam above the fire should have "witnessed" the crash across the river. I checked it earlier on and it was raining in sheets. Now where are those flames coming from? Webcam 1 (looking the other way) shoes no fire but it's zoomed way out.

I don't have the connection quality to run the tower cam - I'm 50 miles off the coast of Nova Scotia currently.

doesnt look very convincing for fire. it could be a bright light reflecting off of rain water on the glass.

mrzed

Jan 29, 2001
We got the bubble-headed bleach blonde comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's int'resting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Sorry all you self-righteous types, but I agree with the point that this is something that happens every day. It's only sad to you because it's a celebrity at the wheel, and it hit a plane in New York, causing mass panic etc.

One baseball player flies his private plane into a building: tragedy
Hundreds of thousands killed in Darfur or Iraq: Leave me alone, I'm trying to watch Lost

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
This must be hard on the club and fans, especially now that the Yankee's season has gone down in flames.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I heard the other guy in the plane was a flight instructor. Later on I'll express some sympathy, but right now I'm pissed at the lack of competence.

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
That's tragic. :(
rose.gif

Fvck you people who make jokes.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: ducci
Originally posted by: jlbenedict
hmmmm..

9/11

now.. 10/11

11/11 next??

Conspiracy? :p

9/11 happened 5 years ago.... 5 years from now it would be 11/11/11.

:Q

5 years 1 month, actually. 61 months.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
jeeses u was plaiyng bf2 and some one said that in chat the he sees the smoke. and he saw on the news that a plane hit. that was like 5 hours aga

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by: GuideBot
Originally posted by: ducci
Originally posted by: jlbenedict
hmmmm..

9/11

now.. 10/11

11/11 next??

Conspiracy? :p

9/11 happened 5 years ago.... 5 years from now it would be 11/11/11.

:Q

5 years 1 month, actually. 61 months.

You forgot leap years. So it's actually 63 months, 6+3 = 9, think about that.

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: ColemontHD
Originally posted by: MrMaster
Originally posted by: acemcmac
Originally posted by: MrMaster
Someone just wanted to put off reaching the 300,000,000 mark for the US population

Quoted for asshole.

While everyone is pouring out their hearts and prayers for the people who died in the plane crash, why don't you do a little more pouring for the people who randomly get killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time which happens EVERY DAY.

Right, but why make snood remarks about them too?

That's your second "snood." Do you even know what it means? It's a flap of skin that hangs from the top of a turkey's beak.

I think he means snide.