Wrong forum

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Mill
Only people that care about this are from Asia. I'm an American, I'm not concerned with world events.

wow you might as well crawl into a cave and turn that computer off that is probably mostly made in taiwan.

yes im asian. but there are huge ramifications for all of america if our trade partner is affected.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
It's more likely that a desperate gambler did it since the gun used is probably a homemade low caliber gun according to the news.

I don't think China or the opposition nationalist party (one of the richest/corrupt party in the world) did this helped the President winning this election by about 20,000 votes.

As for the progressive party doing this... there's a possibility, let me get my tinfoil hat.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
The worst thing about your post is that you misquoted Rick James... :|

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Spencer278
Originally posted by: AndyHui
Originally posted by: DaWhim
OP is a retard :D

from NYTimes:

"Police did not report any major breakthroughs in investigating the apparent assassination attempt against Mr. Chen Saturday and did not say if they had any suspects in the case. But authorities said they had no reason to suspect that the shooting was a conspiracy to disrupt the election or an attack by mainland China.

"I can be sure this incident has absolutely nothing to do with Communist China and politics, but is simply a social order incident," National Security Bureau chief Tsai Chao-ming told reporters today."

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: hans007
Originally posted by: Mill
Only people that care about this are from Asia. I'm an American, I'm not concerned with world events.

wow you might as well crawl into a cave and turn that computer off that is probably mostly made in taiwan.

yes im asian. but there are huge ramifications for all of america if our trade partner is affected.

rolleye.gif

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Both the Pres. and VP of Taiwan were shot with small caliber guns. If anyone really wanted to kill them they'd have used better weapons.

Maybe they bought small caliber cuz they were cheap or they couldn't get ahold of any others? Plenty of city gangs use 9mm pistols because they are cheap and disposable.

If I was making a close up attack, I personally woulda gone with a grenade (or fused explosive) and a .45 or bennelli, but thats me.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: bupkus
Both the Pres. and VP of Taiwan were shot with small caliber guns. If anyone really wanted to kill them they'd have used better weapons. Nobody else was shot cause the warning is to the leadership; not even one other person was harmed. Also, it would have been bad if the shooters had been caught and the finger pointed to China so it was probably done with silencers. China is engaged in saber rattling over the actions of the current President of Taiwan that lean heavily towards permenant independence of Taiwan.
This is our trade partner who is spending most of the profits of trade with us on an accelerated program of military development. China is our new Russia, except due to history and wisdom is set to break us economically, develop their military and then be much more confrontational over Taiwan and global issues.
I feel badly for the people of this world young and old. Between terrorists and China's rising power, it's going to be a tough century.

EDIT: I'm bupkus(Paul Wolfowitz(Dr. Strangelove)) and I approved this message.

Coming soon! my perspective of the administration's plan to make Iraq a territory of the U.S. and a nation of passive docile consumers. "Can I super size that?"

"Crack is a hell of a drug." Rick James

That supersize joke is just a few days too old, McD's is no longer offering super sized menus.

Good try though....

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: werk
Take it to the troll forum, moron.

As I slowly ease myself into my chair, I think to myself, "what is there is American society that makes so many adolescents think they actually know something that they should redicule an other's opinion." The fact is I was speculating an idea, which a very few of you actually answered well. I suppose lacking a knowledgeable response you can always call someone a moron. I have noticed that the most ignorant of society substitute knowledge with belligerence.

I pity you angry young men as that is almost certainly what you are, bitter, angry, poorly educated without respect for open discussion, each other or yourselves. Read through this thread and try to imagine why so many of you reply with such venom. Are you so insecure in your own knowledge, your own stature amongst men?

I blame our political parties for all the mud slinging that uses the topic of morality as a sledge hammer and in this process displays an immoral intolerance and disrespect for not only the opposing side but two prospective leaders of our nation.

I blame the holier-than-thou conservative religious right that would ban the rights or life styles which don't reflect their majority political position, thus promoting more intolerance, sexism and racism. Did you every hear a teen broadcast his anger in online games? I keep hearing epithets in the form of sexist and racist slurs that even I find shocking.

Actually, I don't give a damn. I've been to high school and I left that behind a long time ago. If you want to call others stupid go right ahead. It will all come back to you in anger, intolerence and perhaps even violence. Keep on hating, insulting and disrespecting each other; I will watch with amusement.

But the real fact is that most people in off topic dont wanna see this material. Hence the political forum. I personally dont care whats going on in Taiwan, or even down the block from my house for that matter. I like to tend to my own damn business.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
But the real fact is that most people in off topic dont wanna see this material. Hence the political forum. I personally dont care whats going on in Taiwan, or even down the block from my house for that matter. I like to tend to my own damn business.

Then why, oh why do they read it? Is it like they say about Jerry Lewis, the person people love to hate? If you want to tend to your own damn business, why did you read the thread and then reply? [Chuckling to himself], I guess it's only human.

The internet isn't a physical place. I can murder children and shoot presidents and eat cats all I want on my computer and the internet. Just because I read it doesn't mean it belongs here. And my opinion doesn't matter to anyone just like yours doesn't either. All is none and void, and so who cares?

:beer: Cheers cookiemonster

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Both the Pres. and VP of Taiwan were shot with small caliber guns. If anyone really wanted to kill them they'd have used better weapons. Nobody else was shot cause the warning is to the leadership; not even one other person was harmed. Also, it would have been bad if the shooters had been caught and the finger pointed to China so it was probably done with silencers. China is engaged in saber rattling over the actions of the current President of Taiwan that lean heavily towards permenant independence of Taiwan.
This is our trade partner who is spending most of the profits of trade with us on an accelerated program of military development. China is our new Russia, except due to history and wisdom is set to break us economically, develop their military and then be much more confrontational over Taiwan and global issues.
I feel badly for the people of this world young and old. Between terrorists and China's rising power, it's going to be a tough century.

EDIT: I'm bupkus(Paul Wolfowitz(Dr. Strangelove)) and I approved this message.

Coming soon! my perspective of the administration's plan to make Iraq a territory of the U.S. and a nation of passive docile consumers. "Can I super size that?"

"Crack is a hell of a drug." Rick James

More dribble from someone who feels obligated to add his 2¢ worth. That's sure some fine contribution you've made. Did you take Psych 101?

Thats how the internet feels about you bupkus :p In your own words too

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: bupkusOh, btw, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Why? There's nothing interesting being said here, yes, very boring, very, very boring.

wtf? you have some serious problems! it took you 1680 posts and almost 3.5 years to find out this?
rolleye.gif

farewell, my friend.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Is that the whole internet? Did you poll them? Do you mean it's me against the whole world? Hehe, did you read this whole thread? What a dick.

More dribble from someone who feels obligated to add his 2¢ worth. That's sure some fine contribution you've made.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
Is that the whole internet? Did you poll them? Do you mean it's me against the whole world? Hehe, did you read this whole thread? What a dick.

More dribble from someone who feels obligated to add his 2¢ worth. That's sure some fine contribution you've made.