Wrong forum

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Only people that care about this are from Asia. I'm an American, I'm not concerned with world events.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
How could anyone shoot them under such tight security?

Also, how come I am not seeing this as headlines?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Taiwan's leaders urge calm

Taiwan was swirling with conspiracy theories this morning after a mysterious assassination attempt by unknown gunmen sent shock waves through a crucial election campaign that could decide the fate of the island's independence movement.

Taiwan's two main independence leaders, President Chen Shui-bian and Vice-President Annette Lu, survived bullet wounds in the assassination attempt on the eve of today's election. At least two shots were fired from two handguns in the bold daylight attack on their motorcade as they paraded through the southern city of Tainan, police said, yet the gunmen escaped and nobody was arrested.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: bupkus
Originally posted by: xxAgentCowxx
wrong forum, go to politics

Damn, every time I look there's another forum. Where's the forum on World Politics or the forum on China and Taiwan Assasination Attempt News?

We are Americans. We don't care about China or Taiwan.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Both the Pres. and VP of Taiwan were shot with small caliber guns. If anyone really wanted to kill them they'd have used better weapons. Nobody else was shot cause the warning is to the leadership; not even one other person was harmed. Also, it would have been bad if the shooters had been caught and the finger pointed to China so it was probably done with silencers. China is engaged in saber rattling over the actions of the current President of Taiwan that lean heavily towards permenant independence of Taiwan.
This is our trade partner who is spending most of the profits of trade with us on an accelerated program of military development. China is our new Russia, except due to history and wisdom is set to break us economically, develop their military and then be much more confrontational over Taiwan and global issues.
I feel badly for the people of this world young and old. Between terrorists and China's rising power, it's going to be a tough century.

Do you have a single shred of proof?

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
BS

Between terrorists and China's rising power, it's going to be a tough century.

nice attitude
rolleye.gif

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Actually George Bush did it to help win the election. He owns a .22 and qualified as a sharpshooter with it in the Guard.

rolleye.gif

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Both the Pres. and VP of Taiwan were shot with small caliber guns. If anyone really wanted to kill them they'd have used better weapons. Nobody else was shot cause the warning is to the leadership; not even one other person was harmed. Also, it would have been bad if the shooters had been caught and the finger pointed to China so it was probably done with silencers. China is engaged in saber rattling over the actions of the current President of Taiwan that lean heavily towards permenant independence of Taiwan.
This is our trade partner who is spending most of the profits of trade with us on an accelerated program of military development. China is our new Russia, except due to history and wisdom is set to break us economically, develop their military and then be much more confrontational over Taiwan and global issues.
I feel badly for the people of this world young and old. Between terrorists and China's rising power, it's going to be a tough century.

No, this has to be the stupidest post EVAR.
I would have guessed this to be a setup from Chen himself before even consider blaming China.
The shots miraculously only glanced passed Chen and Lui
rolleye.gif

If it was on purpose by China to warn Chen, what do they gain?
This whole fiasco only riled up the pro-independence Taiwanese.
If China wants him dead, they wouldn't need to assassinate him on the eve of the election.
rolleye.gif

I hope you are not this stupid, PLE-ASSEEEEE!!
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
the guy is a fscking idiot. do you have any evidence at all? or is it what you want to believe? its probably chen himself pulling some BS. this guy was standing with half his entire body right in the open above the car. if someone really wanted to harm him, it would have been pretty difficult to miss and instead hit below. the same could be said about his own party. perhaps they used small calibre guns because they didnt want to hurt him? point being, you can speculate all you want, but until you provide evidence its all BS (including what i just said). and they wanted it to be all a stunt to gain support? and no, he wasnt insured much, in fact, he was very much well, remaining strangely calm and relaxed about the incident. im sure you would be calm and relaxed after someone just tried to kill you
rolleye.gif

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Mill

Damn, every time I look there's another forum. Where's the forum on World Politics or the forum on China and Taiwan Assasination Attempt News?

Since when did the internet become the property of America? This website may be based and founded in America but, in no way is it exculsive to Americans.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: 777php
Originally posted by: Mill

Since when did the internet become the property of America? This website may be based and founded in America but, in no way is it exculsive to Americans.

Don't be a moron. Read my post for what it is. It was comedy not serious. Always one asshole...

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Feldenak

Do you have a single shred of proof?