Wow Ultra Ever Dry is amazing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I wonder how well this stuff holds up to heat & pressure when applied to 316 stainless or 2205 duplex.

I could think of a number of applications in my line of work.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I'm planning to build a solar electric mahogany boat in a few years. I'm wondering if it's suitable for such an application, since drag would be a significant factor, and what difference it might make... hmmm

BTW, does anyone have modeling software that I can use to calculate fluid drag on a boat?

Since it creates a small layer of air between the surface and moisture, you're essentially creating an airship!

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
Wow...this stuff could completely change the cereal industry. Finally we have Clark Griswold's non-nutritive cereal varnish!

That being said, it seems a little too informercial for my taste. I have a feeling it must have some real limitations that they aren't being up front about.

-KeithP

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Abrasion kills it, so anything vaguely exposed to any repetitive interaction with people or objects will need constant reapplication.

Would be awesome to spray exterior windows and siding with, though expensive.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
Wow...this stuff could completely change the cereal industry. Finally we have Clark Griswold's non-nutritive cereal varnish!

That being said, it seems a little too informercial for my taste. I have a feeling it must have some real limitations that they aren't being up front about.

-KeithP
Yeah it only lasts a week

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I wonder how well this stuff holds up to heat & pressure when applied to 316 stainless or 2205 duplex.

What's your industry? 316 and 2205...some harsh-environment applications, it appears.

I wonder if this is really a "barrier of air" thing, or if that's just their marketing department's distorted-reality term for "very low surface energy."

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Awesome product. I can see a wide variety of viable uses for it, just in my life.

Boots and shoes, building materials, (use it on foundations...no more water leaks) apply it to patio umbrellas and sun screens, windows, coats & jackets...just don't spill it on your lawn...you'd never be able to water the grass!!

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
'put it on your butthole. never wipe again'

lol
Drink it, then die of dehydration.

Awesome product. I can see a wide variety of viable uses for it, just in my life.

Boots and shoes, building materials, (use it on foundations...no more water leaks) apply it to patio umbrellas and sun screens, windows, coats & jackets...just don't spill it on your lawn...you'd never be able to water the grass!!
Dunk a roll of Bounty in it right before they go to shoot a commercial.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
ok.. the muddy boots... oh. my. god. i have been a construction worker for 10 years. those will sell by the millions.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
What's your industry? 316 and 2205...some harsh-environment applications, it appears.

Polymer/rubber drying equipment. We use a wide range of alloys and hardfacing to squeeze the moisture out of the product. Just two weeks ago we ordered (3) inconel 718 shafts that were 250k each!

After looking at this stuff a little more, I'm sure there isn't many places where it would be helpful. Too much heat for it to handle. We were using baked-on teflon for a while but it doesn't last long enough to justify the time or cost.

It possibly could be used on conveyors or material handling equipment, though.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007

I'm thinking it would be great for automotive and aviation uses. Windows, body panels. Would make a good rust protectant protectant. Spray it on electronics to keep moisture out, assuming its nonconductive. Treat paper with it to protect important documents from water damage.

Ultra-Ever Dry

Feb 9, 2013

The product is not a silver bullet for all applications, but it does offer some game-changing possibilities that will work within its abilities. You mention heat and pressure. How much heat and how much pressure? It can take up to 300 F, some pressure as well. Since it is a new technology, more often that not we can only suggest you buy a small amount (quart of bottom and top coat) and try it. Thank you for your consideration.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Yeah yeah, we're gonna apply all this shit to everything we have and then some study somewhere will link it to cancer and everyone will flip out about it.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
If it were food safe, I'd love to run it through the boiler loop on my espresso machine and never have to descale again.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
The product is not a silver bullet for all applications, but it does offer some game-changing possibilities that will work within its abilities. You mention heat and pressure. How much heat and how much pressure? It can take up to 300 F, some pressure as well. Since it is a new technology, more often that not we can only suggest you buy a small amount (quart of bottom and top coat) and try it. Thank you for your consideration.

Can I coat my car with it? I want to have the waterproofiest GT500 ever!

l0cke

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2005
I'll settle for a snow shovel coated in the stuff.

Or maybe some dishes, anyone know if it's toxic?