Wow Ultra Ever Dry is amazing

Mar 11, 2004
Is this the commercial version of that stuff MIT or whomever developed? The one they did to fight the ketchup/condiments stuck in bottle?

gamefreakgcb

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
I wonder how long the coating lasts. How frequently does it need to be re-applied? A marketing video does not answer these questions. Really interested in it though.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
There's a demo kit for $65, but I don't know what it comes with. Is it samples of materials pre-coated to see the difference, or just a small sample of the 2 layers?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I wonder how long the coating lasts. How frequently does it need to be re-applied? A marketing video does not answer these questions. Really interested in it though.

Yeah I was wondering too, the answer I found on their page is:

2. How long will Ultra-Ever Dry coating last?
Environmental conditions will affect duration and these can
vary. Abrasion is the leading cause of reduction in the coating’s
life. Under non-abrasive, static conditions, you should expect
to see many years of outdoor service. Indoor applications will
exceed that of outdoor applications.

Pretty vague there, but it seems to last a while. I'm more curious how they'd last on the gloves and shoes, where the coating will be undergoing a lot of flexing and such. Will it "dry out" and crack sooner than expected on the gloves?

Jun 19, 2004
It would be cool to coat my friends paintbrushes with this stuff. Then, when she pulls out a new canvas, she'd be all, "WTF?!?!"

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Yeah the uses for this are innumerable. I have the same concerns as above though. How durable is it?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yeah the uses for this are innumerable. I have the same concerns as above though. How durable is it?

I'm planning to build a solar electric mahogany boat in a few years. I'm wondering if it's suitable for such an application, since drag would be a significant factor, and what difference it might make... hmmm

BTW, does anyone have modeling software that I can use to calculate fluid drag on a boat?