Wow. Plane crash in Texas was an attack against the IRS.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Reality check:

I prepare tax returns for a living.

I've yet to see a democrat/Liberal not complain about taxes; they are always trying to do whatever they can to minimize them just like everyone else.

Fern

Here's a "reality check" for you.

Who goes to the teabagger parties, liberals (dems) or conservatives (Repubs)? Who speaks to the people at Teabagger parties? Sarah Palin, the Republican VP canidate from 2008 ring a bell?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Sounds just like the opinion I would expect to hear from someone who has a vested interest in the bailout of the banks, etc.

It seems you bite the hand that feeds you every chance you get? Do you love money so much that you've turned yourself into a machine with no emapthy for the plight of others?

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a person who studies the numbers and can rationally come to a conclusion.

Besides, I paid for the bailout in taxes and I pay my fair share in taxes while using no social services (medical that is). Not even to mention that I pay my "fair share" while not even getting credit for cost of living. Thus, if I make $100K in NYC and somebody makes $50K in BFE Nebraska, we make about the same amount of money on a real basis, but not on a nominal basis. However, I get taxed at a higher %, all because I live in an area that has a higher COL.

Now is that fair? No, but I pay my fucking taxes and stop bitching.

As far as not having heart, I donate a lot of money and try to help people as much as I can. Not to mention, I am for universal healthcare, even if I pay more money, because I know personally how the system is fucked up. Not to mention, I can't stand thinking that some kid is going to die because I can't give up an extra couple bucks a month.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, it doesn't sound like a person who studies the numbers and can rationally come to a conclusion.

Besides, I paid for the bailout in taxes and I pay my fair share in taxes while using no social services (medical that is). Not even to mention that I pay my "fair share" while not even getting credit for cost of living. Thus, if I make $100K in NYC and somebody makes $50K in BFE Nebraska, we make about the same amount of money on a real basis, but not on a nominal basis. However, I get taxed at a higher %, all because I live in an area that has a higher COL.

Now is that fair? No, but I pay my fucking taxes and stop bitching.

As far as not having heart, I donate a lot of money and try to help people as much as I can. Not to mention, I am for universal healthcare, even if I pay more money, because I know personally how the system is fucked up. Not to mention, I can't stand thinking that some kid is going to die because I can't give up an extra couple bucks a month.

You pay more in taxes because you make more. It may cost you more to live, but I'm willing to bet you save more also, otherwise why not move to Nebraska? You might when you retire with twice the nest egg that the Nebrasken copunterpart you mentioned has.

But none of that gives you the right to blast this poor fucked up SOB the way you did.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
You pay more in taxes because you make more. It may cost you more to live, but I'm willing to bet you save more also, otherwise why not move to Nebraska? You might when you retire with twice the nest egg that the Nebrasken copunterpart you mentioned has.

But none of that gives you the right to blast this poor fucked up SOB the way you did.

I may make more because of my COL, but I don't live any better. Thus, why should I pay more in taxes? The jobs are here, not BFE Nebraska. I might have twice the nest egg but unless I move to Nebraska the absolute size doesn't matter.

The basis of this country being free and my speech being protected gives me that right.

He has just as much right to be stupid but it doesn't mean I can't counter his stupid ideas.

People should be careful when posting silly ideas. There's a lot of smart people out there far more knowledgeable than they are. I am not the end-all-and-be-all of financial knowledge, but I sure as hell know a lot more than the doof above.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Here's a "reality check" for you.

Who goes to the teabagger parties, liberals (dems) or conservatives (Repubs)? Who speaks to the people at Teabagger parties? Sarah Palin, the Republican VP canidate from 2008 ring a bell?

Indies, Libertarians, Repubs and Dems. It should be clear by now from reporting that a good many are people who were never interested in politics etc before are now active in the Tea Party. The Tea Party group isn't all that enamored of the Repub party.

Your contention seems to be that it's only right wing Repubs. If so, you're dead wrong, ignoring all the evidence and buying the lib blog crap.

Fern

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Indies, Libertarians, Repubs and Dems. It should be clear by now from reporting that a good many are people who were never interested in politics etc before are now active in the Tea Party. The Tea Party group isn't all that enamored of the Repub party.

Your contention seems to be that it's only right wing Repubs. If so, you're dead wrong, ignoring all the evidence and buying the lib blog crap.

Fern

It's like putting strippers in a crap opera and defending it by saying 'drunk rednecks who never went to the opera now do'.

It doesn't matter the 'party affiliation' of the tea party, it's a hard right-wing group in its positions - just enough grass-roots tone to draw people but don't hold your breath for real corporate reform.

It's about the same agenda as the far right - close to the libertarians under a new name. Slash spending, slash taxes, let the rich shift even more wealth to themselves is the result of their agenda.

Bascially in the political corruption triggering a predicted backlash, it's a tool for misdirecting that backlask into a misguided group instead of the real problems.

Last edited:

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008

Fern

LOL and your ignoring who they paid to speak to them. :D

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Last edited by a moderator:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Lol, conservatives have always hated catholics. Irish, Mexicans, etc.

Ever heard the old conservative slur "bleeding heart liberal?"

Anyhow this domestic terrorist was a hardcore rw freerepublic poster it turns out username: jonalvy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2455423/posts?page=30

jonalvy is the talk-radio host that posted about Stack on facebook. Was stack a FReeper?

Conservatives hate catholics too? Maybe they just hate the democrats who are catholic? This was the only reference to Catholics in the manifesto. Sounds like something that the left or anti-religious would say.

Some friends introduced me to a group of people who were having ‘tax code’ readings and discussions. In particular, zeroed in on a section relating to the wonderful “exemptions” that make institutions like the vulgar, corrupt Catholic Church so incredibly wealthy.

Didn't know that "bleeding heart liberal" was a conservative slur. So any similar phrase said by liberals is a liberal slur? LOL

You didn't have your coffee before posting this morning? ;)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
jonalvy is the talk-radio host that posted about Stack on facebook. Was stack a FReeper?

Conservatives hate catholics too? Maybe they just hate the democrats who are catholic? This was the only reference to Catholics in the manifesto. Sounds like something that the left or anti-religious would say.

Didn't know that "bleeding heart liberal" was a conservative slur. So any similar phrase said by liberals is a liberal slur? LOL

Re Hating Catholics: There is a large subset of Evangelical Fundamentalist Conservative Post/Protestant Christians who hate Catholicism. It's not a secret.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Well, you know what I meant, caffeinated or not that early. :sneaky:

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
I may make more because of my COL, but I don't live any better. Thus, why should I pay more in taxes? The jobs are here, not BFE Nebraska. I might have twice the nest egg but unless I move to Nebraska the absolute size doesn't matter.

True, but you have the option of being able to retire someplace with a cheaper COL, but with a substaial bigger nest egg.
The basis of this country being free and my speech being protected gives me that right.

He has just as much right to be stupid but it doesn't mean I can't counter his stupid ideas.

Nobody has the market cornered on stupid.
People should be careful when posting silly ideas. There's a lot of smart people out there far more knowledgeable than they are. I am not the end-all-and-be-all of financial knowledge, but I sure as hell know a lot more than the doof above.

You mean the doof who killed himself? I'm just saying you should walk a mile in his shoes, you know what they say about the best laid plans.

If your talking about me as the doof, I know absolutely nothing about banking, investments, etc. and never claimed to. :)

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Re Hating Catholics: There is a large subset of Evangelical Fundamentalist Conservative Post/Protestant Christians who hate Catholicism. It's not a secret.

I can believe that small subset of conservatives might think that way. Evangelical Fundies don't like most other religions but he said conservatives.

Conservatives != large subset of Evangelical Fundamentalist Conservative Post/Protestant Christians

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I can believe that small subset of conservatives might think that way. Evangelical Fundies don't like most other religions but he said conservatives.

Conservatives != large subset of Evangelical Fundamentalist Conservative Post/Protestant Christians

Fair enough.