wow microsoft, just wow

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spikespiegal

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2005
But the asian guy was left alone?

Because the Japanese site replaces all three with cute chicks wearing sleezy girl school outfits?

Or, Steve Balmer just wants to have a beer with Obama at the white house :D

Arabic version - both guys have poorly added photo-shopped beards, and the woman is wearing a Burka.

Microsoft is missing some marketing gold here...."Well, it was made on a Mac"

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
At first I didn't notice the guy getting replaced, I thought it was the white Apple Macbook on the desk.

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: EGGO
Originally posted by: Amused
Who's to say the white guy wasn't original and the black guy was added for "diversity" in the US? Then they used the original for the European market?

Look at the hands.

..and the window sill

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Train
Well, it is Europe... the same people who tried to kill the black soccer player right?

But the asian guy was left alone? sheesh

those fucking europe people...

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
you do know many marketing firms will do this with demographics (and liability in mind).

In the US, it seems any ad campaign that doesn't prominently feature an africian american risks someone bringing a suit forward. Even on our internal HR docs we have to be careful to represent 'people of color' in any flyers.

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Boo Boo
ever seen a black pollock?

nope ... but they should have just used another picture.

no such thing as a black hunky ... unless you count the coal dust.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I cannot believe Microsoft apologized for this. Who deserves an apology here?

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I saw this yesterday, but it is hilarious again because i didn't realize that Microsoft left the black guy's hand.