Wow. Gas Attendant tip scam...felt like beating the crap out of him.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
WTF is a full service gas station? Is this Jersey?

Or is this a station for the elderly or some shit?

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Oh states where you're not allowed to pump your own gas.

Going to New Jersey for the first time it was really mind blowing that my cousin really did not know how to pump her own gas.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
LOL, you are either stoned to think that a waiter makes $30/hour or you are going to high dollar restaurants. I'm placing bets that it's the former.

Waiting tables is the only job that the feds allow companies to pay less than minimum wage. And it's taken advantage of.

But, that's all beyond the point. If you don't like what you're doing, change what you're doing.

Many states have laws against such things, including california. Here most waiters make 10 an hour before tip and 30 plus after. I actually know people who have waited on tables.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
I dont tip at our local full service gas station.
Attendents are being paid to pump gas to prevent drive offs without paying.

Self Serve gas is a risk and this is the way the station has chosen to mitigate that risk.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I dont tip at our local full service gas station.
Attendents are being paid to pump gas to prevent drive offs without paying.

Self Serve gas is a risk and this is the way the station has chosen to mitigate that risk.

WTF every self serve gas station I have been to requires you to prepay before you pump.