Wow, about 80% have cells phones in iceland

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000

<< You know, people don't NEED cell phones. >>

It's interesting to note that in certain 3rd world countries, land lines are simply not being installed, because a wireless cell phone network offers much better penetration per dollar spent. Entire communities which would have had no phone access at all now have digital PCS access. Land lines are only installed in very specific places in these communities.

<< I think they should ban them. >>

It's my galdarn right to be able to carry. Damn liberals - you can take my phone... when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. ;)

<< And they give you cancer. >>

There is no real medical evidence that these phones cause brain cancer. And, even if it did, the caloric intake of the US population is far worse a risk factor for death than any cell phone use will ever be. Wanna live long? Then exercise three times a week and lay off the Big Macs, french fries, and coke.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Involving the cancer thing.

Scientists say:
Cell phones couse brain cancer
Cell phones heats up your brain
Cell phones makes you think faster
Handfree devices for cell phones tripple the radiation
Handfree devices for cell phones reduces the radiation by 3 times

What am I to belive?

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
&quot;It's my galdarn right to be able to carry. Damn liberals - you can take my phone... when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. &quot;

funny, i thought technophobe conservatives were the ones trying to ban cellphones :)

oh i forgot add, most people don't NEED computers, computers lead to a wide variety of health problems.. and they too bath you in a nice field of radiation:) hehehe, and unlike cellphones, they do not promote social behavior. Ban computers!

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< The worst part is that the 100mbps is only the speed we will get between homes here in iceland, the problem is that the company that will be providing this has only got a 45mbps connection through Candat3, the OC out of the country. >>

so..correct me if I am wrong...but you can all have a &quot;100Mbps&quot; connection but you only have 45Mbps total out of the entire country?! So that's 45Mbps split between how many people? Suddenly this 100Mbps connection loses its appeal...