Would you support the idea of a black actor playing James Bond?

wangel00

Banned
Jul 22, 2013
Apologies if this topic has been done before.

I was reading an old article about the wonderful “Luther” actor Idris Elba being touted to replace Daniel Craig in upcoming James Bond movies when Craig leaves the role.

Admittedly, I at first thought this would be a mistake, and just pure tokenism. James Bond the character is a white man and I don’t get the need to change such a basic physical feature.The more I think about it though, the more I think somebody like Elba would bring something good to the role.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
If they have a secret agent look, I don't care the color of their skin.

Also this is a lame attempt to spam your website or get a backlink to it.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
This thread reminded me of the black hacker guy from old school Mission Impossible that was always in the air ducts and elevator shafts and stuff. He was always my favorite character.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nice troll thread to introduce yourself to ATOT. Trying to advertise your "shopping" site too in your sig...

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
This thread reminded me of the black hacker guy from old school Mission Impossible that was always in the air ducts and elevator shafts and stuff. He was always my favorite character.

That was... Barney!?!? I want to say... I was pretty young when that was on TV.

...and as far as a Black Bond - ***ANYTHING*** would be better than 'You Only Live Twice'. Seriously...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I still want Clive Owen as James Bond. He would be awesome in the role.

Welcome to ATOT, but please don't use this forum for advertising your crap.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Wouldn't matter to me if the actor portraying Bond was white or black. The Bond character is about being a slick secret agent who always wins and gets the girl(s), skin color has nothing to do with it.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Elba would be awesome, but, just as in Pacific Rim, I'd always think of him as Stringer Bell.

James Bond is more of an idea than a specific man. Ian Fleming based him off of a bunch of people, but the biggest influence was actually a Canadian spy.

If it's okay for Bond to not be Canadian (never has been in the movies), and not be British (Craig is Aussie), I don't see why he can't be black for a while.

I could even see a Bond movie with James being a woman... it'd be very difficult to pull off and would have to be done by an awesome writer, director, and actors, but it could be done.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
No difference to me. I always wonder when does a black guy get to be Fred and not the black guy or Black Fred?

MontyAC

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2004
Let's get an Indian, Asian, Latin Bond. If we can have a white Khan, let's get a non-white Bond.

Last edited:

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Me llamo Bond, Jaime Bond

我的名字是邦,占士邦

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
That's not a sig. Always a dead giveaway ;)
maxresdefault.jpg