Would you shake GWB's hand if you were on national tv? (w/ poll)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Haha, where do you people come up with this rubbish? No way in hell he can do a 7 minute mile. He doesn't even run, for one thing, he stopped it years ago to do mtn biking. And no way he's benching 200 lbs, unless we're going to say I can bench 500 and run a 4:30.

It was in a fitness magazine during his first term. Whether he can still do it now, I'm not sure, but he ran a marathon as Governor.

He's a bigger guy than Obama is.
Is that supposed to be impressive? What former male athlete under 50 can't bench 200+ and run a sub 7 min mile? You've gotta be kidding me, I didn't even play sports in college (high school baseball/track) and could easily bench 225 10 times and still run a 6:30 mile at over age 30+. I probably even weigh less than W (170 lbs). That's laughable and I'm guessing he was quoting those stats from his past prior to age 50.

Actually, the article was written in his first term, in his late 50s...and he ran a marathon as Governor when he was over 50.

It's in the top 1% of adult males in his age category. Whether you consider it to be impressive or not is up to you.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Sure would. I'd have no problem shaking Clinton's too. But I would not shake George Washington's hand... that'd just be creepy right now.

*edit - 2000th post. :eek: I have increased my precious metal value!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Haha, where do you people come up with this rubbish? No way in hell he can do a 7 minute mile. He doesn't even run, for one thing, he stopped it years ago to do mtn biking. And no way he's benching 200 lbs, unless we're going to say I can bench 500 and run a 4:30.

It was in a fitness magazine during his first term. Whether he can still do it now, I'm not sure, but he ran a marathon as Governor.

Is that supposed to be impressive? What former male athlete under 50 can't bench 200+ and run a sub 7 min mile? You've gotta be kidding me, I didn't even play sports in college (high school baseball/track) and could easily bench 225 10 times and still run a 6:30 mile at over age 30+. I probably even weigh less than W (170 lbs). That's laughable and I'm guessing he was quoting those stats from his past prior to age 50.

Actually, the article was written in his first term, in his late 50s...and he ran a marathon as Governor when he was over 50.

It's in the top 1% of adult males in his age category. Whether you consider it to be impressive or not is up to you.
I guess it would be impressive to those who can't do it. IMO most men who are in good health should be able to do both in their 50's.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corbett

Originally posted by: Harvey

I would rather take dramatic action to show my contempt for him.

Such as?

That would depend on the circumstances. If it were a occasion that allowed me the opportunity to reach a large audience, I'd like to do an AV presentation documenting his crimes, exactly as I've done on these forums, but with the advantage of being able to present great documentation such as various segments of Bill Moyers' Journal and other equally strong sources.

If it were a smaller gathering covered by the media, I would be content with flipping him the bird and turning my back on him as he approached. It might be fun if I could also manage to present him with an extremely loud, extrememly odiferous and pungent fart in his general direction. :laugh:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett

I would rather take dramatic action to show my contempt for him.

Such as?

That would depend on the circumstances. If it were a occasion that allowed me the opportunity to reach a large audience, I'd like to do an AV presentation documenting his crimes, exactly as I've done on these forums, but with the advantage of being able to present great documentation such as various segments of Bill Moyers' Journal and other equally strong sources.

If it were a smaller gathering covered by the media, I would be content with flipping him the bird and turning my back on him as he approached. It might be fun if I could also manage to present him with an extremely loud, extrememly odiferous and pungent fart in his general direction. :laugh:
You'd be better off if you just didn't offer him your hand and let it be at that. Anything else would make you look like the asshole, not him. Not offering him your hand is enough of a slight to get your point across loud and clear.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

You'd be better off if you just didn't offer him your hand and let it be at that. Anything else would make you look like the asshole, not him. Not offering him your hand is enough of a slight to get your point across loud and clear.

Yeah, I know, and given the opportunity, that's probably what I'd do unless the circumstances allowed a further serious presentation of the charges against him. Still, it's fun to speculate about publicly farting at a monstrous criminal like Bush. :cool:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah, I know, and given the opportunity, that's probably what I'd do unless the circumstances allowed a further serious presentation of the charges against him. Still, it's fun to speculate about publicly farting at a monstrous criminal like Bush. :cool:
I hear you. In an earlier thread I posted that I'd probably curse Cheney if we came face to face, thinking about it now I doubt if I would but I definitely would position myself so I wouldn't have to shake his hand.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

I hear you. In an earlier thread I posted that I'd probably curse Cheney if we came face to face, thinking about it now I doubt if I would but I definitely would position myself so I wouldn't have to shake his hand.

You might be safer holding onto his hand... at least if he shoots right handed. :shocked: :laugh:

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
No fucking way. I'd rather take the most dramatic public action possible to show my contempt for that traitor. FUCK HIM!

Ditto.

-Robert

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Originally posted by: SecPro
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Originally posted by: Pepsei
salute the rank, not the man.

Good Nazi attitude you've got there. Feel free to salute all the world's Hitlers...I'll continue to stand for what's right over what's in uniform.

If you were in the service, you understand that the CiC is yours even if you don't like him. I served under Clinton and despite the fact that most servicemen at the time despised him, we all still saluted.

I served under Clinton as well, 92-94, USN, YN3 (got out a couple months short of getting YN2 frocked).

I understand completely, I'm just too good of a person to agree. I don't serve evil, I don't care what frigging uniform they wear.

Edit: Corrected for a fourth time. Ok, done posting when completely drunk.

You're also a certified psycho path. Are the courts letting you see your kid yet?

Yeah I'd shake his hand. Unlike some others I don't think he's evil, just way over matched for the job. In fact he's kind of a sad figure I almost feel sorry for him. Now Cheney is a different story, if he wasn't holding a shotgun in his hand I'd probably curse him to his face.

You almost had it but in the end you're just as big a tool as harvey and the princessofwands.

Somebody above nailed it. You'd all shake his hand without comment or incident.

So who were you before you were banned? :cool: Oh well no worries, losers like you just can't seem to stay unbanned, so you'll lose this account too eventually. In the meantime...well, if you really want to know ask me outside the forum what I have to say to you.

(&*%$^#%^(*&*^&^$%^#@%@%#^$&*^* edited out of respect for mods

Oh, and as always, yes. I see her frequently. Only interrupts caused by the deceit and lies of my ex have interfered with that in the past, and she's on her last thread with the courts now so she isn't pushing it any more.
Don't worry about SecPro, he doesn't even represent the loyal opposition on this forum as they would never lower themselves to say such hateful shit just because they disagreed with your opinion.

As if your hands are clean... Remember Crimson? Remember the others you've bullied? Yeah, some of us see you for who you are so it's hilarious that you condemn someone for "hateful shit".

Meh... not that you'll admit any of it...
Crimson,like you, gave as good as you got.The difference is that neither I nor you guys used personal issues in someones life and threw it in their face when we disagreed with them.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: SecPro
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Good Nazi attitude you've got there. Feel free to salute all the world's Hitlers...I'll continue to stand for what's right over what's in uniform.

If you were in the service, you understand that the CiC is yours even if you don't like him. I served under Clinton and despite the fact that most servicemen at the time despised him, we all still saluted.

I served under Clinton as well, 92-94, USN, YN3 (got out a couple months short of getting YN2 frocked).

I understand completely, I'm just too good of a person to agree. I don't serve evil, I don't care what frigging uniform they wear.

Edit: Corrected for a fourth time. Ok, done posting when completely drunk.

You're also a certified psycho path. Are the courts letting you see your kid yet?

Yeah I'd shake his hand. Unlike some others I don't think he's evil, just way over matched for the job. In fact he's kind of a sad figure I almost feel sorry for him. Now Cheney is a different story, if he wasn't holding a shotgun in his hand I'd probably curse him to his face.

You almost had it but in the end you're just as big a tool as harvey and the princessofwands.

Somebody above nailed it. You'd all shake his hand without comment or incident.

So who were you before you were banned? :cool: Oh well no worries, losers like you just can't seem to stay unbanned, so you'll lose this account too eventually. In the meantime...well, if you really want to know ask me outside the forum what I have to say to you.

(&*%$^#%^(*&*^&^$%^#@%@%#^$&*^* edited out of respect for mods

Oh, and as always, yes. I see her frequently. Only interrupts caused by the deceit and lies of my ex have interfered with that in the past, and she's on her last thread with the courts now so she isn't pushing it any more.
Don't worry about SecPro, he doesn't even represent the loyal opposition on this forum as they would never lower themselves to say such hateful shit just because they disagreed with your opinion.

As if your hands are clean... Remember Crimson? Remember the others you've bullied? Yeah, some of us see you for who you are so it's hilarious that you condemn someone for "hateful shit".

Meh... not that you'll admit any of it...
Crimson,like you, gave as good as you got.The difference is that neither I nor you guys used personal issues in someones life and threw it in their face when we disagreed with them.

Play the semantics game if you wish but the point I made was regarding you condemning someone for "hateful shit" - not "personal issues" only. I don't see too much difference - both were "hateful shit" and it's ironic you came in to condemn it due to your own disagreement with the poster.

But we can be done if you wish....there are other "petty" posts in this thread that can be addressed. ;)

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006

Nice hyperbole.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006

George W. Bush benches over 200 lbs and runs a sub 7 minute mile. I'd love to see him slug some of the liberal e-thugs.
He doesn't look it. Well maybe once with a spotter helping him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SemYQH-8o

SigArms08

Apr 16, 2008
Yes, I'd most certainly shake his hand. Just like I would with any of the other former Presidents that are still alive.
Naturally, this includes our President elect, too.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008

For his age Bush seems to be in good shape though I seriously doubt he could play a full court game of Basket Ball like Obama can. Of course we'll see how good of shape Obama is in after his first term is over.

Bush could take a bullet to save a little kids life and you would come up with something negative about it wouldn't you? LOL.. wow..

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: SigArms08
Yes, I'd most certainly shake his hand. Just like I would with any of the other former Presidents that are still alive.
Naturally, this includes our President elect, too.

Agreed, it would be an honor for me to be able to. I missed getting to shake Bill Clinton's hand due to the crowd at a Hillary Clinton campaign rally I went to earlier this year, unfortunately. But, I did get to hear a good speech:)

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
No, but if I did I'd give him a stinkpalm.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

Get a grip.

:roll:

Jun 26, 2007
I honestly wouldn't piss on that twat if he was on fire.

But a man without any chest what so ever and triceps smaller than my wrists taking 200lbs in the bench, that's just pathetic, if you're going to say he does over 50lbs which he probably can manage, at least say he can take 400lbs and a 43 second mile.

I do like your sense of sarcasm though Winnar, you are truly an hero.

Jun 27, 2005
No fucking way. I'd rather take the most dramatic public action possible to show my contempt for that traitor. FUCK HIM!

Well there's a shocker...

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: cubby1223

Get a grip.

:roll:

You do realise that he's former military and as an officer, i'd take it as an insult if people saluted my rank, we generally do not do salutes to anyone in my team, we're all grown ups, we know the drill, some hand waving won't help us one fucking bit unless it's done out of respect and never in the battlefield, they are as dependant on me as i am on them.

That is the difference between disciplin and respect and something most military men never learn, PrinceOfWands did and i salute him for that.