Would you shake GWB's hand if you were on national tv? (w/ poll)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: winnar111

George W. Bush benches over 200 lbs and runs a sub 7 minute mile. I'd love to see him slug some of the liberal e-thugs.
He doesn't look it. Well maybe once with a spotter helping him.

Yeah I'd shake his hand. Unlike some others I don't think he's evil, just way over matched for the job. In fact he's kind of a sad figure I almost feel sorry for him. Now Cheney is a different story, if he wasn't holding a shotgun in his hand I'd probably curse him to his face.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Heck yeah, GW Bush always seemed like a down to earth kinda guy I could belly up to the bar with and have a pretzel or two.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Infohawk
So let's imagine that there is some show where an average American has a dinner at the white house and it's televized. You decide to go.

GWB comes to shake your hand and have a brief discussion with you. What do you do?

Personally, as much as I think he's a terrible president, I would shake his hand and be polite. Unless I have personal knowledge that someone's an a-hole it's hard for me to diss them. Maybe I'm just pitying him because he's so unpopular and he's leaving with most of the country thinking he's a tool.

I would decline the opportunity to go to the white house. But if forced to go yes I would shake his hand. As much as I dislike his policies and the direction his administration has taken, he is the President of this country. And I believe it's is important to be polite even to those I dislike. Why should I compromise my manners?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Probably caught up by the moment I would, but I would respect the hell out of somebody who could do a psych out. I'm sure people would say it's disrespectful of the presidency but nobody has disrespected it as much as him in recent memory through patent incompetence, so I'd really respect a guy who could do a psych out to POTUS.
George W. Bush benches over 200 lbs and runs a sub 7 minute mile.
Haha, where do you people come up with this rubbish? No way in hell he can do a 7 minute mile. He doesn't even run, for one thing, he stopped it years ago to do mtn biking. And no way he's benching 200 lbs, unless we're going to say I can bench 500 and run a 4:30.
In fact he's kind of a sad figure I almost feel sorry for him.
I do, too, really, he was just out of his depth.

SecPro

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Originally posted by: Pepsei
salute the rank, not the man.

Good Nazi attitude you've got there. Feel free to salute all the world's Hitlers...I'll continue to stand for what's right over what's in uniform.

If you were in the service, you understand that the CiC is yours even if you don't like him. I served under Clinton and despite the fact that most servicemen at the time despised him, we all still saluted.

I served under Clinton as well, 92-94, USN, YN3 (got out a couple months short of getting YN2 frocked).

I understand completely, I'm just too good of a person to agree. I don't serve evil, I don't care what frigging uniform they wear.

Edit: Corrected for a fourth time. Ok, done posting when completely drunk.

You're also a certified psycho path. Are the courts letting you see your kid yet?

Yeah I'd shake his hand. Unlike some others I don't think he's evil, just way over matched for the job. In fact he's kind of a sad figure I almost feel sorry for him. Now Cheney is a different story, if he wasn't holding a shotgun in his hand I'd probably curse him to his face.

You almost had it but in the end you're just as big a tool as harvey and the princessofwands.

Somebody above nailed it. You'd all shake his hand without comment or incident.

Posting about PrinceofWands situation with his daughter is stepping over the line and will not be tolerated in the future. Feel free to criticize his opinion but leave his personal life out of it.

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: SecPro

Good Nazi attitude you've got there. Feel free to salute all the world's Hitlers...I'll continue to stand for what's right over what's in uniform.

If you were in the service, you understand that the CiC is yours even if you don't like him. I served under Clinton and despite the fact that most servicemen at the time despised him, we all still saluted.

I served under Clinton as well, 92-94, USN, YN3 (got out a couple months short of getting YN2 frocked).

I understand completely, I'm just too good of a person to agree. I don't serve evil, I don't care what frigging uniform they wear.

You're also a certified psycho path. Are the courts letting you see your kid yet?

You almost had it but in the end you're just as big a tool as harvey and the princessofwands.

So who were you before you were banned? :cool: Oh well no worries, losers like you just can't seem to stay unbanned, so you'll lose this account too eventually. In the meantime...well, if you really want to know ask me outside the forum what I have to say to you.

(&*%$^#%^(*&*^&^$%^#@%@%#^$&*^* edited out of respect for mods

Oh, and as always, yes. I see her frequently. Only interrupts caused by the deceit and lies of my ex have interfered with that in the past, and she's on her last thread with the courts now so she isn't pushing it any more.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Haha, where do you people come up with this rubbish? No way in hell he can do a 7 minute mile. He doesn't even run, for one thing, he stopped it years ago to do mtn biking. And no way he's benching 200 lbs, unless we're going to say I can bench 500 and run a 4:30.

It was in a fitness magazine during his first term. Whether he can still do it now, I'm not sure, but he ran a marathon as Governor.

He's a bigger guy than Obama is.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

It was in a fitness magazine during his first term. Whether he can still do it now, I'm not sure, but he ran a marathon as Governor.

For his age Bush seems to be in good shape though I seriously doubt he could play a full court game of Basket Ball like Obama can. Of course we'll see how good of shape Obama is in after his first term is over.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

I have, when I bought his book and got it signed.

George W. Bush benches over 200 lbs and runs a sub 7 minute mile. I'd love to see him slug some of the liberal e-thugs.

Okay I was with you when you suggested partisanship wouldn't stop you from shaking Bill's hand.

But WTF does George W. Bush decking someone have to do with anything? Why would GWB deck someone if they didn't shake his hand? Kind of makes you sound like a thug when you say you want to see violence. :confused:

He wouldn't, because he is a kind man. I'm sure that some of the lefties would try to take a swing at him, though, Secret Service or not.

No, he is not a nice man. He is a war criminal. It speaks volumes about the content of your character that you view him as "nice".

esse

Jun 27, 2004
Bush is not a traitor, he's just a blind-faith ideologist. He took to heart the rhetorical lip-services Reagan, Bush Snr, and Nixon used to sprouted to win votes (but they didn't necessarily believed in, especially the latter two) and applied them in governing.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I have twice. Not really on TV but twice in 2004.

I shook screamin' Dean's hand in 2004 too. Just because I don't like a person's politics doesn't mean that I'd be rude like some people here would.

Did Bush offer a squirt of purel beforehand? :laugh:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
So let's imagine that there is some show where an average American has a dinner at the white house and it's televized. You decide to go.

GWB comes to shake your hand and have a brief discussion with you. What do you do?

Personally, as much as I think he's a terrible president, I would shake his hand and be polite. Unless I have personal knowledge that someone's an a-hole it's hard for me to diss them. Maybe I'm just pitying him because he's so unpopular and he's leaving with most of the country thinking he's a tool.

Uh, that's different than the topic title. If I were in a crowd I would not move forward in anticipation of shaking GWB's hand. If I were at a function (i.e. dinner) and he approached me to shake my hand, I wouldn't refuse, most likely. Depends on how it happened, but I wouldn't attempt to embarrass. Hell, I don't know, it's hypothetical. How do I know what would happen? This is a dumb goddamn thread.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
You don't have to respect the man...but you respect the position.
Of course I would shake his hand and without pre-conditions ;) hehe.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'd shake his hand and pinch that certain nerve bundle in it that would give him a permanant migraine headache and involuntary trembling wink to get even for the headaches he's given me.;) j/k

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
even though he's the biggest douchebag and asshole i would still be civil to him.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

So who were you before you were banned? :cool: Oh well no worries, losers like you just can't seem to stay unbanned, so you'll lose this account too eventually. In the meantime...well, if you really want to know ask me outside the forum what I have to say to you.

(&*%$^#%^(*&*^&^$%^#@%@%#^$&*^* edited out of respect for mods

Oh, and as always, yes. I see her frequently. Only interrupts caused by the deceit and lies of my ex have interfered with that in the past, and she's on her last thread with the courts now so she isn't pushing it any more.
Don't worry about SecPro, he doesn't even represent the loyal opposition on this forum as they would never lower themselves to say such hateful shit just because they disagreed with your opinion.

As if your hands are clean... Remember Crimson? Remember the others you've bullied? Yeah, some of us see you for who you are so it's hilarious that you condemn someone for "hateful shit".

Meh... not that you'll admit any of it...

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Is that supposed to be impressive? What former male athlete under 50 can't bench 200+ and run a sub 7 min mile? You've gotta be kidding me, I didn't even play sports in college (high school baseball/track) and could easily bench 225 10 times and still run a 6:30 mile at over age 30+. I probably even weigh less than W (170 lbs). That's laughable and I'm guessing he was quoting those stats from his past prior to age 50.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ozoned

Despite how you feel about Bush, history will record the good things, along with the bad things about him.

History will record nothing good about Bush because there are NO good things to report about him. He and his criminal cabal are guilty of treason, murder, torture and other war crimes and crimes against humanity and war profiteering, and their failure to oversee their wealthy Wall Street robber barron contributors for eight years is the direct cause of the financial collapse in the U.S. and around the world.

If you really need it, I could post one of my foot long "macros" documenting their crimes, including facts and links.

:lips: my (_!_)

Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Originally posted by: Harvey

Fuck that. The Traitor In Chief has already disgraced the office and the nation.

Yes, you would rather spill blood than civility.

Hmm ... As of 11/21/08, 4,204 American troops have died and tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life in your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES.
rose.gif
:(

I posted that I would not shake his hand and that I would rather take dramatic action to show my contempt for him. Nowhere did I say I would "spill blood" or otherwise advocate any form of violent action against him or anyone else.

OTOH, pissant retarded neocon jackasses like you are the ones who supported your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES as well as their wholesale shredding of the rights guaranteed to every American citizen under our once honored Constitution, including torture, war crimes and crimes against humanity. Please explain how you now can say the I am the one who would "rather spill blood than civility." :roll:

Rustler

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
Yep sure would same as I would do for the President elect.................whether you agree with him or not it is simple respect.