Would you be OK with work camps for illegal immigrants?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Why shouldn't it be, you Son of an immigrant?!?!

I have one word for you: sovereignty

Those who wish to weaken our sovereignty are traitors, no?

The border is open for a reason, we need to examine that reason and point fingers and lay out solutions in that direction. The problem we face are not the migrants walking through our border. Oh they're a disaster for our culture and our sovereignty but if our rule of law had not already fallen from within then we would never have allowed the open border problem in the first place.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
^ lmao. I'll never get xenophobes so convinced they're right about something or someone they've never met or experienced for themselves for any reasonable period of time. How immigration can possibly be culturally toxic (on the whole, not in rare circumstances that the xenophobes always site) shows a complete lack of historical perspective about how this country was formed. Practically every single one of the 307M+ citizens in this country are or born of immigrant descendants. Get over it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Practically every single one of the 307M+ citizens in this country are or born of immigrant descendants. Get over it.

Volume

The problem is not that we were a melting pot. The problem is that we are no longer a melting pot. The sheer volume of those who were not in this country last century to adopt our culture means that the pot is over saturated and thus broken.

You can witness this first hand in California. I did, and the place and culture I grew up with no longer exists. It was overrun by the flood and transformed into the nation from whence they came. City by city, town by town, block by block. Tens of millions is nothing to scoff at. We are the Indians now. We are the natives. We are losing ground. We are losing what once was our home. What once was America.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
^ And what exactly was "once America"? Which culture no longer exists? What parts of CA did you live in? All I'm getting so far, based on my guesses since you're not at all specific, is that you're losing the white Anglo culture that has made you feel at home and that it's being replaced by various Latin/Hispanic cultures that are unfamiliar and uncomfortable with. If whites and parts of white culture vanished entirely from the U.S. (though really they never will since our Constitution and every generation to this very day has been dominated by whites), what exactly do you feel you are losing? I hear this all the time from people afraid to go East of Beverly Hills but never really get an explanation beyond what essentially amounts to fear of the totally unknown (i.e. non-whites).

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
^ lmao. I'll never get xenophobes so convinced they're right about something or someone they've never met or experienced for themselves for any reasonable period of time. How immigration can possibly be culturally toxic (on the whole, not in rare circumstances that the xenophobes always site) shows a complete lack of historical perspective about how this country was formed. Practically every single one of the 307M+ citizens in this country are or born of immigrant descendants. Get over it.

Such bullshit. I would be willing to bet less than 5% of our population (legal) is born as first generation Americans. Using this "you came from immigrants" bullshit is as lame as blacks wanting reperations for evil done to their family 4 generations ago.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
What's pathetic is exactly none of these "conservatives" are concerned with illegals taking American jobs. Mexicans are not taking jobs: American employers are giving them away. What really concerns the "conservatives" is their (our) tax dollars being used in emergency rooms for illegals. How about showing some indignation for the sorry sonsabitches giving these people jobs, and maybe they'll go back home, don't ya think? Give anyone caught employing an illegal a mandatory year in county jail. Solves the job problem, AND the emergency room problem, don't you think?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Round them all up, send them home in a box. Pine box or box car...it's up to them. (bill them and/or their families for the transportation, and the bullet if that's their choice)

oh wait...I forgot. Not liking illegal immigrants makes me a racist on these boards.:rolleyes:

So be it.

Cruel hearted, certainly; Sociopathic, probably; racist...hard to say.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Such bullshit. I would be willing to bet less than 5% of our population (legal) is born as first generation Americans. Using this "you came from immigrants" bullshit is as lame as blacks wanting reperations for evil done to their family 4 generations ago.

It's not BS if you think and read critically. What generation you come from is irrelevant.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What's pathetic is exactly none of these "conservatives" are concerned with illegals taking American jobs. Mexicans are not taking jobs: American employers are giving them away. What really concerns the "conservatives" is their (our) tax dollars being used in emergency rooms for illegals. How about showing some indignation for the sorry sonsabitches giving these people jobs, and maybe they'll go back home, don't ya think? Give anyone caught employing an illegal a mandatory year in county jail. Solves the job problem, AND the emergency room problem, don't you think?

Unfortunately, its not that simple. Unless its a small business, who exactly are you going to put in jail? Anyway maybe it was a drunken thought.

Im not sure why you think conservatives arent concerned with what you mentioned. Doesnt seem to mirror real life. Many conservatives, for example, have proposed the idea of hospitals refusing care without some sort of ID (which of course can be faked, but still) and its the bleeding heart liberals who cry abuse. Ive heard many conservatives propose punishment for employers who employ illegals, and its the bleeding heart liberals who cry and whine its unfair for people trying to raise money to send home...oops...I mean...feed their family.

I think you are confused, sir.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally Posted by blackangst1

It's not BS if you think and read critically. What generation you come from is irrelevant.

It absolutely is. Do you mind if I ask you your feeling on sovereignty? Is it kind of bullshit?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
[/I]

It absolutely is. Do you mind if I ask you your feeling on sovereignty? Is it kind of bullshit?

Why does it matter what generation you come from and how, exactly, does allowing in immigrants in a nation founded by immigrants who had a far higher influx of immigrants in the 19th century challenge our sovereignty?

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
Why does it matter what generation you come from and how, exactly, does allowing in immigrants in a nation founded by immigrants who had a far higher influx of immigrants in the 19th century challenge our sovereignty?
Don't bother arguing with rednecks, because they are always right even when they are wrong.

morans.jpg

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Not when they do it legally ;)