would u rather suffer through college to learn

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
"For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow."

-Ecclesiastes 1:18

HaxorNubcake

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004
why not go to college and learn and have fun at the same time.
in the future, get a well paying job.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
all of the above.

given the choice I would choose education, although that really doesn't mean much since it does present a false choice.

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: HaxorNubcake
why not go to college and learn and have fun at the same time.
in the future, get a well paying job.

that would be the best option but it doesn't always work out that way

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Who says you have you suffer through college? Why can't you go, work hard, do well and get a degree?

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have several college degrees but they have never interfered with my ability to be stupid.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I wouldn't say college is suffering. But if I was offered a job right out of high school that wasn't a dead end job like working retail or fast-food, I might seriously consider it.

DCFife

May 24, 2001
I'm stupid and have a high paying job. I'm really tired of working with computers and the government so I have decided to go to school, look at girls half my age, and probably learn very little. After I do that, I'm going to get a job not working on computers and outside of the government. I will probably still be stupid, but at least I'll be happier than I am now!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
college builds many qualities in young adults, many that would be considered essential. even without the education part, a college graduate would, in my eyes, perform better at any job than a highschool graduate, simply because of the college life. while many college students are immature, they are still learning life lessons and qualities while not even knowing it.
i must say, for as much work as college classes bring upon, and the overall stress factor, I can already tell its going to be some of the best periods of my life.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
id rather go through college and gain knowledge than just obtain a decent paying job without an education. some things are just so fascinating and as you learn more, your scope and insight into things in the world also broadens greatly. its a pretty cool feeling.

Jack Ryan

Golden Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Balt
"For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow."

This is one of the more true statements I have ever heard.

Geocentricity

Sep 13, 2006
Originally posted by: Balt

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov. 1:7)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
college does not make you smart, but i'm not surprised you said that, since thats pretty much how ATOT thinks. If you didn't go to college you are dumb and poor.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I went to college and didn't do a whole lot and graduated magna cum laude. College isn't hard and it doesn't teach you anything useful if you're a CS major. A degree and a high GPA only helps you get your first job.

herbiehancock

May 11, 2006
Originally posted by: daveshel
I have several college degrees but they have never interfered with my ability to be stupid.

I love that!!! And how true it is.....I've two degrees and manage rather nicely to be stupid, my wife would say, quite frequently.

Never equate a degree with intellect or lack of one with stupidity. Having a degree does, though, show employers that you can see something through to the end, no matter how banal, tedious, or trite the work may be.