Would someones overt sexuality be a barrier to a massage?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Jumpem
Absolutely. I won't even get my hair cut by a queer.

You most certainly already have at some point.

Queers also make and touch your food too along with thousands of other jobs that you come into contact with every day.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: FelixDeKat
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

Everything is a battlefield to me, you can't change who you inherently are.

You are the one who brought the suggestive behaviour into this thread though by describing your wet dream of a gay massager.

If you had actually read my post and replied to what was in it, i wouldn't have to say that.

If this was a battlefield, then you have already lost the war because you didnt comprehend my OP. I said that if the masseuse was being suggestive towards you, regardless of persuasion, would one still be inclined to be massaged by them. Was that clear enough for you? :frown:

Son, i got the OP and i explained my position how the fuck else could i possibly respond?

READ, COMPREHEND, UNDERSTAND were words on the chalkboard when i was 5-12, perhaps they should use that on American chalkboards too?

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Platypus

Queers also make and touch your food too along with thousands of other jobs that you come into contact with every day.

And sane human beings care more about the hygiene than about their sexual orientation.

Of course, some people aren't sane.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001

And sane human beings care more about the hygiene than about their sexual orientation.

Of course, some people aren't sane.

Indeed. I wonder if Jumpem lets black people have the honor of cutting his hair or if he stays away from the 'colored' establishments. :roll:

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Modular
So full of sheit it's not even funny.

Pounds per pounds of square inch? 2k? that is a metric ton for every inch of your body.

I know you dream of a girfriend and some day you might get one but this is just pathetic.

Time for a lesson in language

If that is sarcasm then it's fucking stupid.

I don't think it was intended as sarcasm.

Americans are usually not subtle nor provide measurements when they are sarcastic since no American understands subtle irony.

Seriously, there was a movement, a real fucking movement against "the life of Brian" in the US, that is confirming that the irony is actually truth.

I highly doubt it was sarcasm, but I know for sure it was exaggeration

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Everything is a battlefield to me, you can't change who you inherently are.

You are the one who brought the suggestive behaviour into this thread though by describing your wet dream of a gay massager.

If you had actually read my post and replied to what was in it, i wouldn't have to say that.

If this was a battlefield, then you have already lost the war because you didnt comprehend my OP. I said that if the masseuse was being suggestive towards you, regardless of persuasion, would one still be inclined to be massaged by them. Was that clear enough for you? :frown:

Son, i got the OP and i explained my position how the fuck else could i possibly respond?

READ, COMPREHEND, UNDERSTAND were words on the chalkboard when i was 5-12, perhaps they should use that on American chalkboards too?

Stop dodging the OP and address it properly. Or would you rather remain ignorant? :(

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: PlatypusIndeed. I wonder if Jumpem lets black people have the honor of cutting his hair or if he stays away from the 'colored' establishments. :roll:

I hate to break it to you, but racism != homophobia. Also, plenty of non-white homophobes around as well. What percentage of blacks voted for Proposition 8 in Cali? Heck, I even know a lesbian that "dislikes" blacks and Hispanics.

speg

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
www.speg.com
So you don't want a hot, sexy massage? Just a plain jane, "professional" one. I seeee....

You are in a chair face down and there is this person looking you up and down with that "I want you look". Sorry, but thats a deal breaker.

Umm what?! Why? And, where can I sign up? ;)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Modular
So full of sheit it's not even funny.

Pounds per pounds of square inch? 2k? that is a metric ton for every inch of your body.

I know you dream of a girfriend and some day you might get one but this is just pathetic.

Time for a lesson in language

If that is sarcasm then it's fucking stupid.

I don't think it was intended as sarcasm.

Americans are usually not subtle nor provide measurements when they are sarcastic since no American understands subtle irony.

Seriously, there was a movement, a real fucking movement against "the life of Brian" in the US, that is confirming that the irony is actually truth.

Actually our culture is much more geared toward subtle humor than you seem to understand. You clearly have NO idea how often we use sarcasm and exaggeration. I am positive you are the only dumbfuck in this thread who thought he was being serious.

Oh, and yeah, Americans might be heavier on average, but at least we don't live in the biggest nanny state on the planet. I'll take being fat over living in a real life depiction of 1984.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
The only (professional) massage I ever got was from a chinese dude when I was in...China. He did a great job - rolled all my knots out. And I know several massage therapists - they say if the massage is "too rough" you're supposed to tell them to go softer.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: PlatypusIndeed. I wonder if Jumpem lets black people have the honor of cutting his hair or if he stays away from the 'colored' establishments. :roll:

I hate to break it to you, but racism != homophobia. Also, plenty of non-white homophobes around as well. What percentage of blacks voted for Proposition 8 in Cali? Heck, I even know a lesbian that "dislikes" blacks and Hispanics.

And there are Jewish Nazists... SO FUCKING WHAT?

Does it matter at all?

As a Jew and an officer of the SAS i can tell you that while you might pretend you are "free" you most certainly are the mot uptight nation in the world.

Thanks for taking the crown, i award your nation queen of the commonwealth.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh

I just wanted to add that you are FUCKING PATHETIC.

None of that matters regarding equality and when and if they can grow a brain to implant into your empty skull you will understand that.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i get a massage every now and then for my shoulder. The GUY i see i see is great. he is built like a fricken linebacker though. there are times it hurts like crazy but after its done i feel great.

the last thing ever on my mind while getting a massage is sex.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
i get a massage every now and then for my shoulder. The GUY i see i see is great. he is built like a fricken linebacker though. there are times it hurts like crazy but after its done i feel great.

the last thing ever on my mind while getting a massage is sex.

So you are saying this guy is good for relieving your tension? ;)

Honestly, I have no problem getting a massage from a guy. Just be a professional and dont be silly or Im outta there! And you can forget being paid too!

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I had a massage a few years ago the company paid for. Nice looking lady but rather petite. I was suprised at her strength considering her diminuative size.

Not all gay people are the same. Nevertheless, would someones behavior leave you inclined to decline a massage if they were "extroverted" about their heterosexual or homosexual inclinations? Would that make you uncomfortable?

Before you answer, think for a minute. You are in a chair face down and there is this person looking you up and down with that "I want you look". Sorry, but thats a deal breaker. If you cant be a professional regardless of your persuasion Im outta there.

Sexual behavior during a professional interaction is unacceptable. Orientation has nothing to do with it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004

OMG!! I could catch teh gay!!

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: AreaCode707
I had a massage a few years ago the company paid for. Nice looking lady but rather petite. I was suprised at her strength considering her diminuative size.

Not all gay people are the same. Nevertheless, would someones behavior leave you inclined to decline a massage if they were "extroverted" about their heterosexual or homosexual inclinations? Would that make you uncomfortable?

Before you answer, think for a minute. You are in a chair face down and there is this person looking you up and down with that "I want you look". Sorry, but thats a deal breaker. If you cant be a professional regardless of your persuasion Im outta there.

Sexual behavior during a professional interaction is unacceptable. Orientation has nothing to do with it.

Fucking AYE!

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: alchemize
What's wrong with massaging the whole body? Seems strange to massage 98% of it.

Yeah, well i don't know who massages you but it's more like 15-30% in most places.

Of course, a "massage parleur" will massage only one percent for your pleasure.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Depends on the Massage and/or location/venue. If it is "Full release" Massage/Venue, sure. If it's a Medical Clinic or non-sexual Spa Massage, No.

Context, is important.

Jun 26, 2007
My kids ended every shool day with a 5 minute massage/massaging. I think that is a good idea for most and they liked it.

I think non-sexual human contact is important for children. Well it's important for all of us, when i meet my daughter and son we pull up our shirt/sweaters so that our bellies touch skin to skin, that is reality for us.

They used to fall asleep on my shoulders when they were little and to this day, i sleep as if i had them there, in my dreams i do....

Fuck i am making myself homesick.

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
My kids ended every shool day with a 5 minute massage/massaging. I think that is a good idea for most and they liked it.

I think non-sexual human contact is important for children. Well it's important for all of us, when i meet my daughter and son we pull up our shirt/sweaters so that our bellies touch skin to skin, that is reality for us.

They used to fall asleep on my shoulders when they were little and to this day, i sleep as if i had them there, in my dreams i do....

Fuck i am making myself homesick.

Okay, that's just creepy. And massages every day after school? Shouldn't your children instead be walking home uphill barefoot in snow...both ways?
I'm not saying I've lived a tough life, but at least I never got massages after school every day either.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Terzo

Okay, that's just creepy. And massages every day after school? Shouldn't your children instead be walking home uphill barefoot in snow...both ways?
I'm not saying I've lived a tough life, but at least I never got massages after school every day either.

Massages are awesome, and it only takes a few minutes to do one. Why wouldn't you give your kids a massage?