Worst Cold-Flu Strains To Circulate In Decades?

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
CDC Graph on Infectious Disease Progress

I keep thinking I'm going to get over this flu, HAH!

I have had a cough, sinus congestion, chest congestion and fever from 100-104 or greater for nearly a week! I live in a widespread area, too. believe me, it is! And my roommate gave it to me, and has had it longer than I have! :p

I think I must have this RSV strain, and I think they are misinformed about how easily it spreads and how long it lingers.

RSV Cases The Highest In A Decade!

Note the tidbit about NO BUILT UP IMMUNITY RESPONSE. Just wait until the rest of you get it too!

The 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse Are Looking For YOU! Unless You Are Already One Of Them...

Find out what horseman of the Apocalypse you most represent!

This topic is sort of a continuation of this topic Public Schools Are Nothing More Than Disease Factories!

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
No but I just got over a cold. I took dayquil and nyquil heavily ... was over it in 4-5 days.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Originally posted by: Casawi
No but I just got over a cold. I took dayquil and nyquil heavily ... was over it in 4-5 days.

Boy, you lucked out! If this keeps up, I may have to see a doctor! The horror! :roll:

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
I caught the bug on Friday. Got a cold and my ears/nose clogged up and I started having a slight temperature.
Got some flu/cold medication along with Afrin and I'm a bit better now.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I was out this past Monday and Tuesday. My wife was not 100% on Tuesday and Wednesday. My daughter was acting tired for the past 2 days and just came down with a 103+ fever tonite.

We got it, and we got it bad.

MotionMan

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Error 403, Relevance Not Found.

I don't know if I've ever had the flu, but if I have, it's either been quite a few years, or else I did have it, and it was really mild.
I don't know of anyone who's sick, either - but then, I don't know many people.

And I'd like to see a source for the "no immunity" bit. It only mentions WebMD. Here's what I found: Link, which says, ". There are two main types of RSV and many subtypes (strains). For this reason, you cannot have full immunity to the virus, and you may have many RSV infections throughout life. Some strains are thought to cause more severe symptoms than others."

Text - "Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection is easy to catch (highly contagious). It is common for children to develop viral infections such as RSV if they are often exposed to infected people and have not built up immunity."
Why would they say, "have not built up immunity" if it weren't possible to build up immunity in the first place?
Granted, it doesn't last indefinitely, but apparently there can be some degree of immunity to it.

(The "Error 403" was intentional, as a bad pun of sorts: Error 403 is not relevant to a "Not Found" error message, QED.)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: SlickSnake
CDC Graph on Infectious Disease Progress

I keep thinking I'm going to get over this flu, HAH!

I have had a cough, sinus congestion, chest congestion and fever from 100-104 or greater for nearly a week! I live in a widespread area, too. believe me, it is! And my roommate gave it to me, and has had it longer than I have! :p

I think I must have this RSV strain, and I think they are misinformed about how easily it spreads and how long it lingers.

RSV Cases The Highest In A Decade!

Note the tidbit about NO BUILT UP IMMUNITY RESPONSE. Just wait until the rest of you get it too!

The 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse Are Looking For YOU! Unless You Are Already One Of Them...

Find out what horseman of the Apocalypse you most represent!

This topic is sort of a continuation of THIS TOPIC.

I've been sick for almost 4 fucking weeks. I was just about over the first strain when the 2nd strain kicked in, and I've been borderline pneumonia for the past week with it...antibiotics and mucinex haven't helped a dammed bit. (I realize that with an influenza virus, all you can do is treat the symptoms, not the cause)
Mile fever, sinuses packed up yet still draining, my chest so congested I can barely breathe (makes smoking tough!) I'm finally feeling better, but still so dammed congested I can hardly breathe.
The stuff has been spreading like wildfire here. at least half a dozen students in each class have this or some variant of it...coughing, sneezing, snuffling, etc...

As for the "4 horsemen of the apocolypse" links...
I took the quiz...

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Your Result: Pestilence

When the first seal is opened, you ride forth on a white horse. You wear a crown and hold a bow, and you've been unleashed to conquer and kill. Many believe that you are the Antichrist, deceiver of man.

Sounds about right to me. :D

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: BoomerD
....I've been sick for almost 4 fucking weeks. I was just about over the first strain when the 2nd strain kicked in.....
Me too, got a bad runny nose and chest cold right after Christmas then just as I was getting better my nose started to run like a faucet and two weeks later, although it's just a trickle, it's still sticking around.

jai6638

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2004
been sick for a month now but finally left with only some pleghm coming out.. thank god!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Yep, just came down with something Friday. Was dizzy at work, light cough--->spasmic, and high fever with chills. Rested all day yesterday, and now the cough isn't bad and I feel much better. Hopefully I'll be decent by tomorrow when it's time for work.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I had a cold a couple months ago but so far I've been lucky enough to avoid the flu. I usually get a flu shot but missed it this year because I was in NY at the time I had scheduled to get one.

The flu has made its way through our office though. A number of people have had it within the last month or so.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Yeah I feel like crap. Called into work but there's a new project that's really important so I'm here.