World War II veteran beaten to death by two black teens

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
http://www.khq.com/story/23225525/88-year-old-man-assaulted-at-eagles-ice-arena-has-died

KHQ.COM - Police say two teens assaulted 88-year-old Delbert Belton outside the Eagles Lodge in North Spokane Wednesday night around 8pm. Belton was rushed to the hospital where he was placed in the intensive care unit but later died. Police are actively searching for two suspects. They are described to be 16-19 in age, black males & both wearing black clothing, one was wearing a black "Do-Rag" police say.

Family & friends of Delbert Belton tell KHQ's Dylan Wohlenhaus that Delbert was "full of life" at 88-years-old. They say Belton loved working on cars and helping out others. Belton also served overseas in the military in WWII.

Friends of Belton say he was wounded in WWII in Okinawa but survived. Police have not said if or what the motive was for the beating. Police believe this was a random attack.

A makeshift memorial has been set up at the crime scene to honor Belton.

Words cannot express the anger I felt when I read this. I sincerely hope that someone catches these fucking worthless scumbags before the police and metes out the kind of justice that they deserve for doing this.

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
You mean they were black ...

Oh my!

But that's impossible ... "My babies are good boys ... they would not do anything like that" :rolleyes:

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Words cannot express the anger I felt when I read this. I sincerely hope that someone catches these fucking worthless scumbags before the police and metes out the kind of justice that they deserve for doing this.

You mean they were black ...

Oh my!

But that's impossible ... "My babies are good boys ... they would not do anything like that" :rolleyes:

Aaand by the same token, as opposed to the sympathetic character presented, an American WWII veteran (and especially of the Pacific) could well be racist and a perpetrator of war crimes such as executing POWs, collecting body parts as trophies, extracting teeth for gold, and raping civilians (including young girls). Extra points to OP for alluding to lynching (quoted for posterity).

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Aaand by the same token, as opposed to the sympathetic character presented, an American WWII veteran (and especially of the Pacific) could well be racist and a perpetrator of war crimes such as executing POWs, collecting body parts as trophies, extracting teeth for gold, and raping civilians (including young girls). Extra points to OP for alluding to lynching (quoted for posterity).

Thank God the bastard's dead.

Apr 27, 2012
Piece of shit scumbags need to face justice for what they did, hopefully they're caught.

I'm waiting for obama, al sharpton and the rest of the race baiters to comment on this case along with the race baiters on here.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
http://www.khq.com/story/23225525/88-year-old-man-assaulted-at-eagles-ice-arena-has-died

While I share your anger I do not share your desire for vigilante justice and if such vigilantism were to take place I would be calling for the full force of the law to come down upon the perpetrators.

What I DO want is for the criminals to be captured, given a fair and just trial and if/when found guilty to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

The law is supposed to and most definitely should apply to everyone equally. I am getting sick and tired of this "certain people are above the law" bullshit.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
BUT .. but did they do it for trey-trey ... Anyone knows?

Biggest culprits are the obama Media.
They cleansed up Trayvon Martin's image from a criminal juvenile to an innocent baby-face boy.
They hyped up a silly clown act into a racist insult to obama.
Almost always, they will hide the ethnicity of criminals if they are Black.

Next, the politicians.
The US Attorney General decides not to charge Black Panthers because they are "his people" (his exact words),
The President jumps into local police matter - Cambridge police acted stupidly - while the police was really doing its job,
The President compares a criminal teen with his imaginary son and not correct the Media for its new phrase 'while Hispanic'.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
And so it begins, all over again. And Again...

I hope you are all ready my friends to defend your very lives and your families lives from a random and sudden, violent, brutal attack, because the police cannot be there to protect you and won't even be called until after you are wounded or dead.

Last edited:

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003

What do you think is statistically more likely: for a WWII veteran to be a racist war criminal, or for a black teen to be a violent criminal? And I didn't allude to lynching, as I hope that they are beaten to death (eye for an eye).

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

I hope you are all ready my friends to defend your very lives and your families lives from a random and sudden, violent, brutal attack, because the police cannot be there to protect you and won't even be called until after you are wounded or dead.
At some point, the Clintons are going to have a very serious talk with dear leader. It will have to be soon. He's going to have to start trying to bring the nation together or Hillary is going to be walking into a civil war. This is her last chance to run and the Clinton machine is not going to want to let it slip through their fingers.

Several problems. Obama likes the racial divide. It works in his favor and it's really his only success as commander in chief. Another problem is that it's probably too late. We ran out of bread and circuses to appease the masses about 3 years back and the ball is rolling - fast.

I thought for the longest time that the war would be fought between R's and D's. Between Progs and libertarians. Along political lines using whatever labels suit the battle. It seems that it's now going to be along racial lines. Maybe the "never let a crisis go to waste" crowd saw an opportunity in the TM/GZ situation and used it to stoke the racial fires with too little thought for the future. Maybe not.

Regardless, a turnaround or at the very least a détente of some kind will have to be accomplished or there will be no rein of queen Hillary. Without a severe easing of the racial tensions, the Democrat machine will see that they would be better served with a Republican in the WH to blame everything on.

Musings of a Thursday evening...

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
While I share your anger I do not share your desire for vigilante justice and if such vigilantism were to take place I would be calling for the full force of the law to come down upon the perpetrators.

What I DO want is for the criminals to be captured, given a fair and just trial and if/when found guilty to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

The law is supposed to and most definitely should apply to everyone equally. I am getting sick and tired of this "certain people are above the law" bullshit.

The bolded can be read several different ways... care to clarify?

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
But, but, but, the post-Trayvon media hysteria told us that it's young black men who are being slaughtered in drove by white vigilantes!

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013

At some point, the Clintons are going to have a very serious talk with dear leader. It will have to be soon. He's going to have to start trying to bring the nation together or Hillary is going to be walking into a civil war. This is her last chance to run and the Clinton machine is not going to want to let it slip through their fingers.

Several problems. Obama likes the racial divide. It works in his favor and it's really his only success as commander in chief. Another problem is that it's probably too late. We ran out of bread and circuses to appease the masses about 3 years back and the ball is rolling - fast.

I thought for the longest time that the war would be fought between R's and D's. Between Progs and libertarians. Along political lines using whatever labels suit the battle. It seems that it's now going to be along racial lines. Maybe the "never let a crisis go to waste" crowd saw an opportunity in the TM/GZ situation and used it to stoke the racial fires with too little thought for the future. Maybe not.

Regardless, a turnaround or at the very least a détente of some kind will have to be accomplished or there will be no rein of queen Hillary. Without a severe easing of the racial tensions, the Democrat machine will see that they would be better served with a Republican in the WH to blame everything on.

Musings of a Thursday evening...

Go outside. Find some physical place you can say hi to people and get a read of the atmosphere in your area.
I think some people here are spending too much time reading racially charged stories and getting shut into a place where it looks like the sky is falling.

Last edited:

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Go outside. Find some physical place you can say hi to people and get a read of the atmosphere in your area.
I think some people here are spending too much time reading racially charged stories and getting shut into a place where it looks like the sky is falling.

Do you mean go visit a hood someplace and see if you get killed "just for the fun of it" ?

I think my small city and neighborhood is relatively safe, and there are several other larger cities between it and the hood type areas in the largest city that would concern me to travel in.

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
Do you mean go visit a hood someplace and see if you get killed "just for the fun of it" ?

I think my small city and neighborhood is relatively safe, and there are several other larger cities between it and the hood type areas in the largest city that would concern me to travel in.

An outside area to "say hi to people" and you think of travel to the "hood?"
No, I wouldn't suggest that.

Now for those already in the inner city, sure, in the daytime, they should be able to step outdoors where they already live and not get shot for saying "hello."

The best way to defuse a tense situation is often simple conversation. Look at the lady talking down the guy in the school with an AK-47 as an extreme example.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999

Police respond to (after) crime... protection is but a slogan, if not outright fallacy.

What do you think is statistically more likely: for a WWII veteran to be a racist war criminal, or for a black teen to be a violent criminal? And I didn't allude to lynching, as I hope that they are beaten to death (eye for an eye).

It's called the Genocide Generation for a reason. The combat veteran has a history of violence by definition, and more may be supposed -i.e. aforementioned violent crimes and psychological trauma. Whereas the statistical black teen may have a history of property or drug offenses, largely owing to poverty.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's called the Genocide Generation for a reason. The combat veteran has a history of violence by definition, and more may be supposed -i.e. aforementioned violent crimes and psychological trauma.

Where in the world did you get this ? Where is it ever called and who calls it the "Genocide Generation" ?

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013

from the link ...

Updated: Aug 22, 2013 9:55 PM CDT

Suspect Photos Released ( ... includes Video ...)

23225525_BG4.JPG

23225525_BG5.JPG

23225525_BG3.jpg

89-year-old Delbert Belton​

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
What is wrong with the world today? Saw a man lying on the street. Someone had chopped off his head. I'm the only one who stopped, to see if he was dead. Turns out he was dead.

They're turning kids into slaves, just to make cheaper sneakers. But what's the real cost, cos the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper? Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids? What are your overheads?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Hah! You'd like that, wouldn't you? Where do you think that falling sky is going to land? I'll tell you where - outside!

Seriously, real people are highly over-rated.

What is wrong with the world today? Saw a man lying on the street. Someone had chopped off his head. I'm the only one who stopped, to see if he was dead. Turns out he was dead.

They're turning kids into slaves, just to make cheaper sneakers. But what's the real cost, cos the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper? Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids? What are your overheads?
Shens. Besides the serious lack of headless corpses lying about, even Internet people aren't stupid enough to check if headless people are dead.