World Cup 2022

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
lol Germany 1 Spain 1 so Germany is ranked last right now in the group. Japan lost to Costa Rica 1 - 0. Morocco 2 Belgium 0 was another big upset.

1669584089895.png

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
2-2 , great equalizer by South Korea

/and just as i typed that it's 3-2 Ghana

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
just a curious question from a non-hardcore soccer person..

why can't they come up with a way for the clock to stop during the actual game instead of adding stoppage time at the end of the half? if they can come up with way to temporarily paint a line on the field, surely the time thing would be a piece of cake?

I know you wouldn't want the ref to directly control the time, but could he send a signal to the official time keeper to start/stop the clock? he is obviously keeping track of it on a device, so why can't that device transmit a signal?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
just a curious question from a non-hardcore soccer person..

why can't they come up with a way for the clock to stop during the actual game instead of adding stoppage time at the end of the half? if they can come up with way to temporarily paint a line on the field, surely the time thing would be a piece of cake?

I know you wouldn't want the ref to directly control the time, but could he send a signal to the official time keeper to start/stop the clock? he is obviously keeping track of it on a device, so why can't that device transmit a signal?

KISS principle, you just need a watch to referee a game.

iCyborg

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2008
They should space out the first stage a bit. Half of all games have been played, and we're just done with day 8 out of 28 or so.
4 games per day is too much for those of us who have to work, it was too much even over the weekend lol

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
They should space out the first stage a bit. Half of all games have been played, and we're just done with day 8 out of 28 or so.
4 games per day is too much for those of us who have to work, it was too much even over the weekend lol

No one really watches all the games live. Just key matches and rest highlights or skim through.

iCyborg

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maybe in North America, but I know people who take vacation days and watch almost every game. :)
I watch 1-2 games per day, the less games per day there are, the higher the percentage of games I'd watch.
In any case, my point still remains - the World cup is around a month, and half of all games played are crammed into basically the first one week.