WOO WOOO Got a PS3 Preordered & Guaranteed!

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
cost me $911.xx for the 60gb version plus two games they forced me to buy, but I had to do NO camping! I called a store, they had 2 preorders left and KNABBED one. Just sold my xbox 360 and its time to go on to the PS3. Lets see what all the hype is about..... CANNOT wait till Nov 17th

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: BullyCanadian
cost me $911.xx for the 60gb version plus two games they forced me to buy, but I had to do NO camping! I called a store, they had 2 preorders left and KNABBED one. Just sold my xbox 360 and its time to go on to the PS3. Lets see what all the hype is about..... CANNOT wait till Nov 17th

Lets see what all this hype is about? Maybe you should have waited until it came out to sell you 360 and to buy one.

You just made a purchase based on sony's hype machine. Congrats.

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Auryg

Lets see what all this hype is about? Maybe you should have waited until it came out to sell you 360 and to buy one.

Honestly I think of it this way, if Im able to get it at launch I'll have at least 2 weeks with it, if I am dissatisfied, I will sell it (and will probably get AT LEAST what I spent on it) and go back to xbox 360...

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000

Honestly I think of it this way, if Im able to get it at launch I'll have at least 2 weeks with it, if I am dissatisfied, I will sell it (and will probably get AT LEAST what I spent on it) and go back to xbox 360...

And how much will you lose by selling and then rebuying the 360?

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers

well considering I sold mine with 3 games (games I stopped playing and 1 controller) for $600 Canadian and the holiday pack right now comes with 2 games (not bad games PGR 3 and Double Agent just added in) for $575 taxes incl. I'll be up net $25.... or if u factor in the third game not much at all.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers

Hum.. seeing as how the PS3 pre orders are selling well above 1k, I dont see how he can be losing money for trying out the PS3.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Close to 1k for a console? The MSRP of the PS3 is already high enough.. but paying more to get it first.. suck it up and wait a month or 2. Don't be stupid.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
Close to 1k for a console? The MSRP of the PS3 is already high enough.. but paying more to get it first.. suck it up and wait a month or 2. Don't be stupid.
Don't be stupid and judge someone on how they spend their money.

To the OP, congrats! As long as you're excited about it and you've not taken food out of your family's mouths by buying it, then good for you.

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
Well done on the purchase. If you do in fact decide the PS3 is not up to par, you will make your money back and then some. It is assured and the people that say otherwise are being naive or just plain ignorant.

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: blurredvision

To the OP, congrats! As long as you're excited about it and you've not taken food out of your family's mouths by buying it, then good for you.

Nope didnt take out of my savings to buy it, but also I should clarify what I paid for

PS3 60gb Console = $659.99 CDN
Resistance: Fall of Man = $69.99 CDN
Blazing Angels = $69.99 CDN

Total = $799.97
+ 14% taxes = 111.99
= 911.97

Just to clarify I did NOT pay over MSRP just had forced to buy 2 games with it for the presale

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: blurredvision

Nope didnt take out of my savings to buy it, but also I should clarify what I paid for

PS3 60gb Console = $659.99 CDN
Resistance: Fall of Man = $69.99 CDN
Blazing Angels = $69.99 CDN

Total = $799.97
+ 14% taxes = 111.99
= 911.97

Just to clarify I did NOT pay over MSRP just had forced to buy 2 games with it for the presale

The price is a little more reasonable before tax. ;)

But you could have just gotten Blazing Angels and a FPS for your Xbox 360. :)

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
jesus, 911$???

rip off :/

even for two games.

Well its Canadian $$$ so $810 USD I dont know what the retail price for u guys is....

911 canadian, so like $6.89 american

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: dxkj
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
jesus, 911$???

rip off :/

even for two games.

Well its Canadian $$$ so $810 USD I dont know what the retail price for u guys is....

911 canadian, so like $6.89 american

haha u wish.. your american money is NOT too strong right now we're almost neck and neck almost....

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
wow what a rip off, but hey whatever floats your boat...

/me pets his $550 volcano vaporizer that everyone says 'WTF expensive' about :)

Iron Addict

Jul 5, 2006
big news that even with pre-orders most people aren't gettin it due to lowered initial lauch production...

-$900.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I'm about to buy a 250 USD steering wheel setup for the pc. I expect to be flamed as well.