Wisconsin Republicans block ban on ‘conversion therapy’

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Because it turns out there's nothing wrong with being gay.

I've heard biologist explain that homosexuality is actually normal in the animal kingdom. And, that it shouldn't be a suprise that we find those same traits within our species as well.

Christian nationalist don't want to hear about that though. So many still deny evolution.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I've heard biologist explain that homosexuality is actually normal in the animal kingdom. And, that it shouldn't be a suprise that we find those same traits within our species as well.

Christian nationalist don't want to hear about that though. So many still deny evolution.

Fuck your facts and science! They have feelings and religious texts! (that say nothing about homosexuality or abortion etc)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Fuck all those people. We don't have enough time to 'educate' these people about how to be decent folks. If we waste our time doing that these shitty evil people will run the country while we sit around saying 'oh if they would just listen'. It's time to draw the battle lines, cut our losses, and figure out ways to beat the enemy and keep our country.,

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Fuck all those people. We don't have enough time to 'educate' these people about how to be decent folks. If we waste our time doing that these shitty evil people will run the country while we sit around saying 'oh if they would just listen'. It's time to draw the battle lines, cut our losses, and figure out ways to beat the enemy and keep our country.,
Time is against them. The vast majority of Zoomers in this country don't give a shit about fairy tales told by primitives that didn't know where the sun went at night. These assholes will die off, and as they do, their power to control others' lives, which is what it has always been about, will die with them.

Their terrible stewardship of the environment, and their concerted efforts to force the young to adhere to their nonsense is going to bear bitter fruit. Throw in bot sourcing, pricing them out of the housing market, and treating them like indentured servants, and it's a perfect storm. You and I may not be here when things change radically for the better, but it'll happen.

Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Starts with the SC vote in April. That can/will have a HUGE impact. And I fear that ultra-conservative judge Jennifer Dorow the presided over the Waukesha parade case is going to end up winning a seat just becuase she handled that case and got "famous" (she did do a good job on it though

What town are you in?

I'm rural, we live across from a huge apple orchard north of La Crosse. Tremp. county is pretty conservative. But I was surprised a few months ago to see plenty of Democratic yard sign support before the election. People we meet assume we are conservative, especially since my wife owns a business.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm rural, we live across from a huge apple orchard north of La Crosse. Tremp. county is pretty conservative. But I was surprised a few months ago to see plenty of Democratic yard sign support before the election. People we meet assume we are conservative, especially since my wife owns a business.

Lovely part of the state. My son goes to UW-EC and I've been to La Crosse a million times. And yeah, I can see how you would get automatically painted red in that area. I'm in Milwaukee and I can honestly say, I'd default put you in that camp. I do know people from that area (and other similar) that are all shades of blue. So maybe the tied is changing a little. Though if you keep heading north, I think that's still what we'd all expect.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
These new "parental rights" movements and laws are pretty stupid, don't kids have rights not to be abused by their parents? A lot of this seems focused around protecting a parents right to abuse their children if they don't like the way their kid is growing up. For example, forcing teachers to tell parents if they learn that a student is trans or gay, what if the parents are religious psychos (good chance in WI), they're probably condemning the kid to have the shit beaten out of them by a drunken redneck dad who is drunk on shitty WI beer.
There's a strong historical tradition of parents being allowed to abuse their children.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Nebraska's also joining the hate wagon

someone put it better than i could ~ 'as more people get specified as "they are human too they get the same rights as everyone else" they just find a smaller more marginalized group to attack'
Joining? They were the first to pass an amendment to their state constitution to ban gay marriage (and civil unions to boot) back in 2000.
Seems like I left just in time, I used to say it was an okay state, I don't think I'll say that anymore.

Reactions: KMFJD

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
New Glarus was such a cool little place when I was there in the mid 90s. Did some mountain biking and ate at the little bakery. I wanted to move in to the Apple Orchard near there, it was heavenly. I don't think they were making the beer yet. I see RLM Mike and Jay always drinking it and get jelly.

The house on the rock was one of the most trippy places I have ever been. The cave I went to was really small but still one of my favorite things in the whole state. Everyone was really nice to us too. Nothing but good memories of Wisconsin. Madison I only saw from the outskirts and the traffic made us nope right out of there.
Cave of the Mounds, probably. It’s one of the nicest caves going, particularly for being so small.

Capital Brewery used to be very good, particularly their maibock and their dark beer specially made for thick-necked guys named Gunter.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Cave of the Mounds, probably. It’s one of the nicest caves going, particularly for being so small.

Capital Brewery used to be very good, particularly their maibock and their dark beer specially made for thick-necked guys named Gunter.
Yes sir, it was Cave of the Mounds. Seriously weirding me out with the dark beer quote from Martin Mull in that old Michelob commercial. I was just telling my son about it last weekend when we were perusing beers at https://www.totalwine.com/beer/craft-beer/c/516516
I hadn't thought about it in decades, it just popped into my head.

Found the commercial for those that didn't understand the reference.

Oh and sorry for the thread hijack. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.