Windows 8 Pro, Ultimate Upgrade $39.99

tomatom

Jul 27, 2002
http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-8-pro-upgrade-available-at-cheap-39-99/

Microsoft is offering upgrade version of Windows 8 Pro, the ultimate edition of upcoming Windows operating system, at a ‘steal’ pricing of $39.99. The price is more than 60% discount from the $99.99 Microsoft charged for upgrade version of Windows 7 Professional in the similar promo. And mind you, the Windows 7 offer was not even for top of the line edition, while Windows 8 is. In fact, $39.99 price tag is also $10 cheaper than the cheapest early-bird upgrade offer available for Windows 7, which was $49.99 upgrade license to Windows 7 Home Premium.

< I was planning on a new TechNet Sub because I have several systems , but

I really like Win-7 , so I will prolly just try this upgrade on one of my extra

XP-boxes to see if I really think Win-8 is the way to go . >

! http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy

! JUST GET THE KEY CODE FOR $40

IT DOESNT EXPIRE , WORKS FOR 32 OR 64 BIT VERSIONS , CAN FULL INSTALL
WITH UPGRADE VERSION , TWEAK WITH START8 BUTTON & GODMODE , BETTER
THAN WIN 7 AFTER TWEAKING , WIN 8 AIO ISOs on P2P .....

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Very interesting. My main 2 coimps running 7 which I have no plan too alter, but the netwwork storage box has xp so may use this to try out 8. Although I may wait and see how long till they offer it cheap forr sttudents.

Replay

Golden Member
Aug 5, 2001
Started playing with an install of the Win 8 Release Candidate on a Celeron G540 desktop. It boots fast, runs fast, and the touchscreen GUI will pump up tablet sales. I'd buy a copy to keep playing with it, but will stay with Win7 for now on the other desktop rigs.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Smart move Microsoft. I wouldn't have bothered at full price, but I'll buy a license for $40 and try it on one computer.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
i want windows 8 simply for the drive extender like feature that was removed from whs 2011.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Good price, though I don't have anything I'd really want to install it on. My main gaming rig will stay Win 7 and my only other PC is an older lenovo laptop which I plan to replace with a Win 8 tablet anyway.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
silly question, but do they check the status of your current product code?

I don't believe they ever have, but things change with every new version of windows. In Win 7 upgrade versions it just checked if you had some proper files in the /windows folder of your hard drive. Actually it wouldn't even do this before it started installing stuff. IIRC, on a bare drive it'll install either the whole OS or part of it then check to see if you had a previous install, and then won't finish because there wasn't an install already present. Then if you restarted the OS install again it'll detect the version it just installed as a previous installation and finish what it had to and activate fine.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Aww, i got excited, i thought Microsoft would PAY me $39.99 to get Windows 8 Pro. Guess i'll just stick with Windows 7. LOL ;)

goobee

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
goobee.org
Yes but given that 7 is a mature and stable product, why do I want to start all over again? Inquiring minds want to know.

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Yes but given that 7 is a mature and stable product, why do I want to start all over again? Inquiring minds want to know.

If you have a touchscreen device (all-in-one or tab) then W8 will be a huge benefit. The layout is very slick and simple.

For traditional desktop or laptop users though, I am not sure what the benefits would be. I'll stick with 7 on my business rig for a while as I haven't had a single issue since I built it over a year ago.

paul878

Jul 31, 2010
Windows 8 will shine in the tablet market.
As for the Desktop Laptop market, I see Microsoft give away free Windows 8 upgrade next year.