Windows 7 Professional Upgrade $29.99 Students only

tomatom

Jul 27, 2002
This is a HOT DEAL ! < if it is still valid >

There is a trick to allow a FULL install with

an UPGRADE DVD . < Google is your friend >

Tell your Student-friends to get an email acct.

& order a download copy . I believe its a full

RETAIL version .

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
If you did this last year, looks like you can't do it again this year. At least, it didn't work for me again (told me the maximum had already been purchased or something like that when I tried).

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
This is a HOT DEAL ! < if it is still valid >

There is a trick to allow a FULL install with

an UPGRADE DVD . < Google is your friend >

Tell your Student-friends to get an email acct.

& order a download copy . I believe its a full

RETAIL version .

Talking about dual install where you install it into a temp directory without activating then reinstall and let it verify the existing install? Knew that was with vista but not sure about Windows 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Sweet, they didn't verify my wife until AFTER the $30 ended earlier this year (had to send a pic of Student ID since no .edu address). Link they sent is still good.

Last edited:

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
When I did this from the earlier deal, I didn't even need to dual install. The serial worked from a fresh install. WIN!

q011519

Mar 6, 2008
Can I burn the download on a disk and install from there in the future? Also, this comes with the 64-bit version on the disk, right? I remember reading that all Win7 come with both versions.

Edit: I'm an idiot, I course you can burn it to a disk... how else will you do the install...
In my defense its almost time to leave work, my brain doesn't turn on until then!

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
Talking about dual install where you install it into a temp directory without activating then reinstall and let it verify the existing install? Knew that was with vista but not sure about Windows 7.

Yeah, it's sorta tricky to do..

My problem with this method is that you HAVE to do an in-place upgrade. You can't do a full install. I'm not sure about 7 but previous versions added extra folders and junk when you do an in-place upgrade..

pelikan

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2002
Can you do a clean install with this? I have a XP Home right now and it's legitimate but I don't want to do an upgrade install.
Thanks.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
When I did this from the earlier deal, I didn't even need to dual install. The serial worked from a fresh install. WIN!

Nobody read my post. I did this exact same deal from digital river for Windows 7 Professional Upgrade.

1. I downloaded Windows 7 Pro ISO.
2. Burned it to disk
3. Fresh/Clean/Format install
4. Plug in Serial code from UPGRADE during install
5. Full version of Windows 7

No special tricks, double installs, upgrade installs or anything.

I have done this 3 times now because I changed my root drive from HD to SSD.

pelikan

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2002
Nobody read my post. I did this exact same deal from digital river for Windows 7 Professional Upgrade.

2. Burned it to disk

Good to know. Thanks.

PuppettMaster001

Golden Member
May 11, 2002

2. Burned it to disk

Yup, I can verify this. I just installed this on my freshly formatted hard drive. Formatted, installed, activated perfectly. Thanks OP!

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
The school I will be attending is a part of MSDNAA, but only the computer science division. Think I can get in with a minor in CS?

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
I kinda wish I was still a student so I could get in on this for my laptop. But then, I already did it once, when I was a student, so I doubt they would let me do it again anyway.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I didnt even know my school was part of such a program. Looks like they disable recent grads real fast. :(

I think it really depends on the Uni. While I'm still part of my school, I got my degree and graduated from my old department over a year ago. My current degree and department isn't supported, but I'm still enrolled in it.