Win Ron Paul be able to win even 1 state?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Win Ron Paul be able to win even 1 state?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Perhaps Ron Paul would win if people in the media weren't telling everybody he is unelectable the year leading up to primarys.

Or maybe if they just stuck to how things are normally done in iowa instead of moving the vote count to a secret location so that they can botch the entire primary in that state. ...
The more you repeat this lie, the more you look like a fruitcake. For the umpteenth time, the "secret location" had nothing to do with the vote problems. They moved the central tally location to avoid threatened disruption by OWS and Anonymous, among others. But here's the important part you Paul worshipers continue to ignore for your conspiracy tantrum:
All of the usual GOP and candidate representatives were at this "secret location" to oversee the tally.
If there were irregularities there, or at the actual caucus sites for that matter, representatives from the Paul campaign would have challenged them. Did they? Not so far as I've ever heard, and Paul doesn't strike me as the shy type. He would have raised holy hell about it.

He did not. Therefore it's time for you crybabies to give up wailing about how Iowa was rigged and Paul would have won or should have won or could have won. He. Did. Not. Get over it and move on.

Aug 14, 2001
So you are basing your opinion on " Is Probably "? Really?

I'm basing my opinion on reality and from my own observations. There are lots of racists in the South, definitely more there than any other region in the US. That includes South Carolina. I think that Ron Paul would have his best shot with fellow racists.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm basing my opinion on reality and from my own observations. There are lots of racists in the South, definitely more there than any other region in the US. That includes South Carolina. I think that Ron Paul would have his best shot with fellow racists.

So you have lived in South Carolina before?

Where and how long?

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Probably not. I'm not sure if any state's electorate would vote for a racist. South Carolina was probably one of his better opportunities and he failed pretty badly there.

I voted for Obama and look forward to doing so again. And I think Ron Paul has a lot of unworkable ideas and would never support him.

But your comments are moronic.

Aug 14, 2001
So you have lived in South Carolina before?

Where and how long?

192 years in Clemson, SC.

SC has a lot of racists, I think that Ron Paul's best shot so far would have been a place with a good number of racists. You can disagree, that's fine.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
192 years in Clemson, SC.

SC has a lot of racists, I think that Ron Paul's best shot so far would have been a place with a good number of racists. You can disagree, that's fine.

192 years.. That is as realistic as the other things you have posted. Every state has a "Good Number" of racist.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
"MEDIA BLACKOUT: NEWT AND SANTORUM CANNOT WIN. To secure the GOP nomination, a candidate needs at least 1145 of the 2288 delegates. Gingrich and Santorum are not on the ballots in states that will provide a total of 564 delegates Missouri, Illinois, Dist of Columbia, Ohio and Virginia . That means that one or the other needs 66.42% of the remaining 1,724 delegates to reach 1,145.
This is it people. Moderate progressive Romney or Libertarian Conservative Ron Paul."

Also, why wouldn't Dr. Paul win Montana? I see no reason why he wouldn't other than establishment fraud.

Aug 14, 2001
192 years.. That is as realistic as the other things you have posted. Every state has a "Good Number" of racist.

It's all relative. Maybe every state has a 'good number' of racists, but obviously the Southern states including South Carolina have more racists per 100 residents than most other states.

This is an environment that Ron Paul had his best shot, he could channel the racism of these people, but it basically got him nowhere.

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
I voted no. Ron Paul doesn't fit into the pre-manufactured opinion the majority of this country has right now.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yeah, the grass is always greener elsewhere. You should take a closer look at actual proportional representation systems. In Israel they have that system, resulting in like 10 political parties getting seats in their parliament. A majority coalition then has to be formed and when it is, those parties not part of the coalition are effectively shut out, and the larger parties who are moderate have to make deals with extremist fringe parties in order to be in the majority. I'm not exactly sure why that is better than the 2 party system we have.

- wolf

As it sits now one party effectively owns this nation for four years in terms of the Executive Branch and everyone else is shut out. One rules all. If there was a change in our system we could look at the weaknesses of other systems and address them. Just how would that be worse than the one party rule we have now? Are you comfortable with the status quo? Do you think that competition and a chance for other ideas and people should not have a realistic chance for expression?

While the Constitution does not forbid parties it would be hard to imagine that anyone involved in it's creation intended for a substantial part of the nation be shut out once the polls close on election day.

Oct 30, 2004
His best chance would have been to win New Hampshire which is home to the Libertarian Free State Project. Presumably hundreds or thousands of Libertarian types have relocated to New Hampshire in recent years.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It's all relative. Maybe every state has a 'good number' of racists, but obviously the Southern states including South Carolina have more racists per 100 residents than most other states.

This is an environment that Ron Paul had his best shot, he could channel the racism of these people, but it basically got him nowhere.

So you have no facts to base it on other than "your Opinion".

Aug 14, 2001
So you have no facts to base it on other than "your Opinion".

It's most people's opinion. Hell, this is the place that tried to preserve slavery and tried to prevent civil rights. I guess history is opinion.

The South is pretty racist, so Ron Paul probably has his best chance there.

Why do you disagree? Do you think that the south is less racist or just as racist as other places? If so, which places? And why do you think so?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It's most people's opinion. Hell, this is the place that tried to preserve slavery and tried to prevent civil rights. I guess history is opinion.

Why do you disagree? Do you think that the south is less racist or just as racist as other places? If so, which places? And why do you think so?

I have lived or spent considerable time in many states and countries world wide. They all have racist, all that I have seen are just as racist as any southern US state. Some of the most racist places I have been are Chicago, Maine, Connecticut, Hawaii, and Southern Florida. Racism isn't only about blacks BTW. The middle east is by far the most racist location on the planet. In Germany have you seen how the Turks are treated? All peoples are racist to some extent. Your false belief that the southern US States are all more racist than those fine upstanding Northern States is BS and a common misconception.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
How could Dr. Paul not win Montana? That's what I'd like to know. Also, if AZ and CO are open primaries, then Dr. Paul could pick up a lot of delegates there. Finally, Dr. Paul is going to do well in VA despite the dickhead governor (McDonnell) endorsing Romney. Hopefully, however, Dr. Paul will win every congressional district in the State so McDonnell won't have any say.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004

Have you ever lived in the south or do you base this info off of situations 60 years ago? You can run into some racists sure, but so can you in any other state. I dunno what your beef is, but its getting annoying with you spilling this crap all the time. I've been in the south most of my life and been in a variety of other places and in no way would I consider it significantly more racist than other places.

Aug 14, 2001
I have lived or spent considerable time in many states and countries world wide. They all have racist, all that I have seen are just as racist as any southern US state. Some of the most racist places I have been are Chicago, Maine, Connecticut, Hawaii, and Southern Florida. Racism isn't only about blacks BTW. The middle east is by far the most racist location on the planet. In Germany have you seen how the Turks are treated? All peoples are racist to some extent. Your false belief that the southern US States are all more racist than those fine upstanding Northern States is BS and a common misconception.

I've spent and lived a lot of my time in my states and countries worldwide. In fact, I've spent most of my life in the southern states. And they are so much more racist than any other region in the country, it's not even close.

As for European countries, I agree about that, they are generally pretty racist, too, maybe even worse than the southern states since racism is more mainstream in Europe.

Aug 14, 2001
Have you ever lived in the south or do you base this info off of situations 60 years ago? You can run into some racists sure, but so can you in any other state. I dunno what your beef is, but its getting annoying with you spilling this crap all the time. I've been in the south most of my life and been in a variety of other places and in no way would I consider it significantly more racist than other places.

Yes, I have lived in the South. And it is obviously more racist than any other region in the US. It is easily the most racist region of the US.