William Tell's Norwegian Revenge?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Odd thing is that Norway doesn't have particularly strict gun-laws (hence Brevik's murders). Not a lot of detail reported on this story yet.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Uh not funny, and Tell used a crossbow anyway.

Norway is a small country, they're still messed up over Brevik. This is horrible. Hope the guy offs himself when cornered. People that evil don't deserve Norwegian prisons.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Well damn it.

Bastard will be baking cookies and watching Korean soaps for the rest of his life.

Hey Norge! Bring back the blood eagle!

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
There is a reason this makes front page international headlines when it happens in Norway. There is a reason it wouldn't if it happened in the US.

Reactions: cytg111

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Seems it was a Danish convert to radical Islam.

Ridiculously senseless and Nihilistic 'terrorism'. Just randomly kill random people in Norway. What was doing that supposed to accomplish?

I continue to think that you just can't trust converts of any kind. Anyone who converts from one belief system to another has something psychological going on that means someone should keep an eye on them.

Reactions: thilanliyan
Jul 9, 2009
Just another Islamic terrorist attack, quick, let's gloss over it.

"Police apprehended the suspect later, 35 minutes after the attack had started, and Saeverud said it is likely the five victims had been killed after the initial confrontation with police."

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
That was a really poor choice of thread-title, by the way. I mean, aside from the inappropriate jocularity, wasn't William Tell Swiss? What reason do the Swiss have for wanting revenge on Norway?

It's looking as if the murder of the MP David Amess probably has an Islamist angle, as now it's being reported the killer is a Brit of Somalian origin. People are cynical about the notion that a white guy killer is "mentally ill", whereas non-whites are "terrorists", but, quite honestly, I think it's a very fuzzy distinction in either case.

Whether it's "angry white men" or "islamists" it seems to me that there's usually an element of individual mental instability involved. The ideology often seems like just a pretext for acting on a desire to do something dramatic and violent, to work out some internal mental problem.

Conservative white men and Muslim men seem to have a lot in common in terms of how they address their mental problems.