Will Trump Cancel His Press Conference On Wednesday?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 9, 2009
He is allowed to say that, but that means people are not going to trust him, and that is also a consequence of telling people to go fsk themselves. It speaks very bad to his character that he doesn't care that people trust him, and that low character plays right back into the lack of trust. So, the question is why are you happy that the next President of the United States is someone that can't be trusted?

No, it means that partisan assholes like yourself won't trust him, which has absolutely nothing to do with his non-release of personal information. If he's broken tax laws they would have prosecuted him for it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I mean just read this... then read it again. I get that politicians rarely answer the questions asked in detail, but this is a whole new level:

QUESTION: (OFF-MIKE) though if you have outlined a plan for what you want the replace package to look like, would it guarantee coverage for those who have gotten health insurance through the current Obamacare law?

TRUMP: You’re gonna be very, very proud, as not only the media and reporters, you’re gonna be very proud of what we put forth having to do with health care. Obamacare is a complete and total disaster.

They can say what they want, they can guide you anyway they wanna guide you. In some cases, they guide you incorrectly. In most cases, you realize what’s happened, it’s imploding as we sit.

Some states have over a hundred percent increase and ’17 and I said this two years ago, ’17 is going to be the bad year. It’s going to be catastrophic. Frankly, we could sit back and it was a thought from a political standpoint, but it wouldn’t be fair to the people.

We could sit back and wait and watch and criticize and we could be a Chuck Schumer and sit back and criticize it and people would come, they would come, begging to us please, we have to do something about Obamacare. We don’t wanna own it, we don’t wanna own it politically. They own it right now.

So the easiest thing would be to let it implode in ’17 and believe me, we’d get pretty much whatever we wanted, but it would take a long time. We’re going to be submitting, as soon as our secretary’s approved, almost simultaneously, shortly thereafter, a plan.

It’ll be repeal and replace. It will be essentially, simultaneously. It will be various segments, you understand, but will most likely be on the same day or the same week, but probably, the same day, could be the same hour.

So we’re gonna do repeal and replace, very complicated stuff. And we’re gonna get a health bill passed, we’re gonna get health care taken care of in this country. You have deductibles that are so high, that after people go broke paying their premiums which are going through the roof, the health care can’t even be used by them because their deductibles bills are so high.

Obamacare is the Democrats problem. We are gonna take the problem off the shelves for them. We’re doing them a tremendous service by doing it. We could sit back and let them hang with it. We are doing the Democrats a great service.

So as soon as our secretary is approved and gets into the office, we’ll be filing a plan. And it was actually, pretty accurately reported today, The New York Times. And the plan will be repeal and replace Obamacare.

We’re going to have a health care that is far less expensive and far better. OK.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I mean just read this... then read it again. I get that politicians rarely answer the questions asked in detail, but this is a whole new level:

This makes me sad. He sounds dumber than a brick. I can't believe anybody fell for this shit, let alone nearly half of the voting public.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I feel sorry for the people having to transcribe his shit. I mean how do you properly punctuate his ramblings? Commas? Ellipses? Dashes? Periods? Nothing is of a normal sentence structure.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

It really says something when even the dumber minions sound far more educated than their leader:

No, it means that partisan assholes like yourself won't trust him, which has absolutely nothing to do with his non-release of personal information. If he's broken tax laws they would have prosecuted him for it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

You're missing the ENTIRE POINT of why people want him to release his tax returns. It isn't to see if he's "broken tax laws". We trust the IRS to catch that. I don't even care if he's (legally) not paid taxes in X years. If he used the loopholes and deductions that are in the tax code to his advantage, then good for him. I do it. You do it. We all do that. I itemize and deduct EVERYTHING within legal reason.

People want to see his returns so we can see who he is in business with. If has a line item showing a billion dollar debt/dealing with Putin then we, as American people, need to see that. If he's doing dealings with the Crown Prince of England, than we want to see that so that can identify potential conflicts once he takes office.

Reactions: soundforbjt

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...ding-tax-to-release-tax-returns/#6b1eee9f7b3f

It's the law, if you don't like it, change it. Why didn't Obama change it over the last 8 years?

nobody is arguing that he has to LEGALLY show us his tax papers.
But you can understand that by being the first PEOTUS in 40+ years not to do so, then repeating "I'm in an audit" (which, as you know legally means nothing), sheds a little bit of doubt as to WHY he will not release his records.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
You know Anonymous ("We are legion.") originated from 4chan, right?

They have demonstrated they do have influence and resources. How can you deny that?

Yes, I know.

The origins of this document are not in question, and have nothing to do with 4chan.

Im not really well caught up on 4chan and how it has existed throughout its history, but as far as Im aware most of those who are actively participating in 4chan these days are Anonymous, and I have seen some remarks about what 4chan is believing right now. and they arent exactly bringing more dignity to 4chan.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You're missing the ENTIRE POINT of why people want him to release his tax returns. It isn't to see if he's "broken tax laws". We trust the IRS to catch that. I don't even care if he's (legally) not paid taxes in X years. If he used the loopholes and deductions that are in the tax code to his advantage, then good for him. I do it. You do it. We all do that. I itemize and deduct EVERYTHING within legal reason.

People want to see his returns so we can see who he is in business with. If has a line item showing a billion dollar debt/dealing with Putin then we, as American people, need to see that. If he's doing dealings with the Crown Prince of England, than we want to see that so that can identify potential conflicts once he takes office.

Tax returns do not show that data; it's not their purpose.

An audit where bank acct info is examined would be required.

Fern

Jul 9, 2009
Who controlled Congress while Mr. Obama was POTUS?
The Democrats did for 2 years, but this would have been the kind of Bill that the Obama could have gotten passed while he was president, he just never made a serious attempt at it. Which pretty much describes his entire 2 terms.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Yes, I know.

The origins of this document are not in question, and have nothing to do with 4chan.
If you follow the quotes, you'll see we were specifically talking about someone questioning the origin of the document:

Someone questioning the origin of this document started that particular quote tree.

While it may be bad for the country if it's real, I hope it is real. I hope it takes him down.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The Democrats did for 2 years, but this would have been the kind of Bill that the Obama could have gotten passed while he was president, he just never made a serious attempt at it. Which pretty much describes his entire 2 terms.
So you say he didn't accomplish anything while also hating everything he accomplished?

Noise.

Jul 9, 2009
So who is the author of laws? I didn't type this out slowly because I type at a reasonable speed.
Sorry, i really thought you'd be smart enough to click and then read the link.
"1. Bill is Drafted: Members of Congress, the Executive Branch, and even outside groups can draft (write or draw up) bills."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Tax returns do not show that data; it's not their purpose.

An audit where bank acct info is examined would be required.

Fern

Not true at all, it could show foreign bank holdings (which must be reported), taxes paid to foreign governments, income from investments in Russia, etc. Even if those investment companies were opaque we could then start researching them to peel back the onion. His tax returns would be the beginning, not the end of investigations into his conflicts of interest.

I'm frankly baffled that ANYONE could be against this sort of rudimentary financial disclosure.