Will the next stimulus bill be passed by March 14? And, when will this end?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Seems that there is some in-house fighting between centerist and progressive democrats. Looks like Joe Manchin will be a thorn in the side of Joe Biden's stimulus bill. Democrats need everyone on board, because if one person falls off than this bill is dead. I seriously doubt that there will be any Republicans who will agree to the spending in this bill. And finally,. my only concern is when will this end? We can''t just keep on giving people unemployment benefits and stimulus checks forever. We need to create good paying jobs that don't involve much skill. I just don't see that happening though.

I also think the $15 an hour federal mandate is going to be a big problem.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The minimum wage increase was already axed by the Senate parliamentarian, was it not?

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
There was a 1.8T bill on offer back in October. It's understandable that Pelosi could not give Trump a win so close to the election. What's inexplicable at this point is why this hasn't been fast-tracked with Dems in full power. The delay lends credence to the notion that Dems are no longer the worker's party.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
There was a 1.8T bill on offer back in October. It's understandable that Pelosi could not give Trump a win so close to the election. What's inexplicable at this point is why this hasn't been fast-tracked with Dems in full power. The delay lends credence to the notion that Dems are no longer the worker's party.
Wut? o_O

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Sorry, is there something factually inaccurate in my post? I mean, other than my supposition regarding what Dems stand for at present.
It's not the topline number in a proposal, it's what the numbers actually break down to. Compare what that proposal had in it vs. what this one has. 2.) How do you think the Dems could have pushed this any faster?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sorry, is there something factually inaccurate in my post? I mean, other than my supposition regarding what Dems stand for at present.

What was inaccurate was your claim that Pelosi couldn't give trump a win before the election. Its false because the Democrats already passed a bill in the house and it was the Republican controlled senate that was the issue.

I'm curious, where do you get your news from?

Reactions: Pohemi and feralkid

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Your entire previous post was based on some bullshit premise. Odd that you diminish this "supposition" in a later post when it fizzled out. Perhaps you can take this small data set and reconsider the facts and just maybe realize that you are being lied to when your news sources are telling you it was just a conspiracy against Trump. It wasn't. As the evidence now clearly shows.

Maybe a little more thoughtful analysis and less trust in crappy information sources would serve you better in life. Or you can just double-down and heap more conspiracy on top of the pile to help justify your feelings. A true conservative would go with the latter...

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Why are you ignoring that the house passed a bill that was ignored by the senate? The win was there for Trump if he wanted it.
I may possibly be ignorant. But none of the assertions in my original post have actually been addressed.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Why hasn't something been passed, and how does this delay not lend credence to the notion that Dems are a party of the elite?

• Haha

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Nice deflection. You’ll note that you didn’t bother addressing the fact that you were corrected on your original assertion, I wonder why that is.
This has no meaning. It's only another attempt to categorize and demonize. I might respond to honest interrogation, if you tried it.

• Haha

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This has no meaning. It's only another attempt to categorize and demonize. I might respond to honest interrogation, if you tried it.

Lol traitor. Go back to parlor and talk about who can suck trumps dick the best.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
If you all were honest you could see the faults in your system simply by the way in which dissent is dealt with. But honesty is being selected against.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Nice! And a splash of deflection as well! What other right wing trait can he use to prove his loyalty to the trump cult? I’m sure we’ll find out in a minute...

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Nice! And a splash of deflection as well! What other right wing trait can he use to prove his loyalty to the trump cult? I’m sure we’ll find out in a minute...
What? Have you added anything to this thread at all? Do you even care what it's about?
Why hasn't something been passed now that Dems own the federal government? Can you present anything that indicates they give a damn about the common worker, other than empty lip service at this point?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The minimum wage increase was already axed by the Senate parliamentarian, was it not?

BUT.... many liberals in congress DO NOT like that this happened. The elimination of the wage increase from the Biden bill. THEY expect the parliamentarian to be over-ruled or for VP Harris to object and reject then over-rule the parliamentarian ( as I understand it). So here is where we are at... with the wage having been removed, and with many democrats in the congress NOT liking this move, I fully expect those democrats to NOT support the stripped-down bill because THEY INSIST on that 15 dollar wage to be INCLUDED. So, don't be surprised if those determined democrats are willing to derail the entire train off the tracks simply because THE CAN NOT get their way. Seriously.... this 15 dollar wage MEANS A LOT to some of those democrats AND they have been working on this wage increase for YEARS and YEARS. They do not think of this as a wage increase, they think of this as WAGE EQUALITY. Wage equality, for those people who have suffered existing on a poverty wage for years while the top 1% have enjoyed their incomes going up and up and up administration after administration. So.... DO NOT underestimate the determination AND PURE ANGER over the wage increase having been stripped out of the stimulus. THEY ARE PISSED and they will absolutely BLOCK this bill, ALL OF IT, if they can not get their way with the wage. Just a warning, mind you, that when this all falls apart in the house and democrats wonder WHAT THE F...ing HELL HAPPENED, now you know. And all the while as republicans in congress rejoice at the complete incompetence of the democratic party get anything done.

PS. Welcome to being a democrat.... :mad:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

OK, here is your honest interrogation. You made this specific factual claim in your first post in this thread:

There was a 1.8T bill on offer back in October.

Please provide some proof of that assertion.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
OK, here is your honest interrogation. You made this specific factual claim in your first post in this thread:

Please provide some proof of that assertion.
Okay. I suppose we live or die by "approved sources" these days. Here's one that matches my recollection of the time: