Will inaction on Iran swing the Jewish vote?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
With obamas lack of action on Iran swing the jewish vote towards romney?

Or do American jewish voters mostly ignore Netanyahu?

There have been mixed reports coming out of Israel. Some of the higher ups in the Israel government do not want a military strike on Iran, while others want a strike.

Jews for the most part vote as a block. How will the block vote when the tensions with Iran are factored in?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
With obamas lack of action on Iran swing the jewish vote towards romney?

Or do American jewish voters mostly ignore Netanyahu?

There have been mixed reports coming out of Israel. Some of the higher ups in the Israel government do not want a military strike on Iran, while others want a strike.

Jews for the most part vote as a block. How will the block vote when the tensions with Iran are factored in?

If Jews are stupid, they'll think that Obama isn't doing enough with Iran.

Jews are not stupid.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
If Jews are stupid, they'll think that Obama isn't doing enough with Iran.

How long are people supposed to wait on Iran? I think that is going to be one of the major questions?

Israel is starting to realize obama is not going to do anything about Iran.

obama would not even meet with Netanyahu while Netanyahu was in New York to speak at the UN.

Why would the Jews vote for someone that shuns the president of Israel and will not take action on Iran?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
While the Jewish vote may be as a block; it is also fragmented across different states.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
How long are people supposed to wait on Iran? I think that is going to be one of the major questions?

Israel is starting to realize obama is not going to do anything about Iran.

obama would not even meet with Netanyahu while Netanyahu was in New York to speak at the UN.

Why would the Jews vote for someone that shuns the president of Israel and will not take action on Iran?

Your central premise is wrong. Obama is doing everything about Iran that is reasonable and prudent.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Your central premise is wrong. Obama is doing everything about Iran that is reasonable and prudent.

How much time should be given to sanctions?

Should the world wait until Iran detonates to first nuclear device, then say "oops, sanctions did not work after all."

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Should the world wait until Iran detonates to first nuclear device, then say "oops, sanctions did not work after all."

What do you think we should do against Iran? Is there a clearly superior option that you're somehow aware of but the State Dept and Israel's government are unaware of?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
What do you think we should do against Iran?

That is the catch 22, and the question facing Israel and the jewish voters.

Will the jews vote for business as usual and vote for obama?

Or will the vote for romney?

It would be nice if they voted for gary johnson, but I doubt that is going to happen.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
That is the catch 22, and the question facing Israel and the jewish voters.

Will the jews vote for business as usual and vote for obama?

Or will the vote for romney?

It would be nice if they voted for gary johnson, but I doubt that is going to happen.

So you don't know what we should do against Iran, but you are convinced Obama is doing nothing. Stop being so deliberately stupid.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
the number of Muslim voters outnumbers Jewish voters? why don't they try to appease them instead?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Its not that the US government is doing nothing, but could more be done?

Ask the average Iranian how much they like life right now - hell, with inflation, they can't even buy shoes to put on their feet. They must resort to the black market for basic necessities.

We have imposed some of the toughest sanctions possible on Iran - the state of their economy is proof of it:
http://www.nysun.com/editorials/rial-clear-politics/88017/

8938.jpg

Jun 26, 2007

Didn't Cheney say something exactly like this once...

Cost a lot of good men their lives and ensured failure in Afghanistan.

Besides, the sanctions are working, Russia can't help them indefinitely, they have their own problems.

We're only seeing the beginning of what the sanctions are doing. Protests all over and hyperinflation, it will end in chaos or compliance.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
There isnt much we can do outside of war. That wont happen. We lack the political climate and resources to do such a thing. Sanctions will ultimately fail. But the world can make it clear if Iranian nuclear devices leave their borders and are used in an attack. That attack is an attack on the world and the response will be catastrophic.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I am pretty sure russia, china and india are going to vote against a total embargo.

So you think a total embargo is what we should do? Do you think that idea has escaped the minds of the US State Dept and Israel's government?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Will inaction on Iran swing the Jewish vote?

I don't think swing is really the right word because it implies they will vote the other way. I think in many cases they just aren't go to vote for either candidate seeing is how neither really has what's in their best interests at the top or near top of the list.

Jun 26, 2007
Just as we disagree on iran, so do the jewish voters.

The question is, will that disagreement lead them to vote for obama or romney?

I'm Jewish but not American.

If i was i'd never vote for a guy who follows the words of a "prophet" that said that race mixing should be punished by death, who thinks his underwear is holy and who believes that he'll rule a planet after his death.

You do understand that if someone held those beliefs and it wasn't because of religion he'd be locked away in an asylum, right? But since it has to do with religion we have to *respect* his delusions.

I do love it that those who want to vote for him say that Mormons are Christians even though the Mormons don't believe in Jesus as Christ, son of god, sacrifice for human sin, pretty much everything that makes Christians Christian. It's fun seeing people trying to justify it when their two religions clash (and yeah, in the US political affiliation is very much like a religion).