Will hillary retire after she loses?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
If Hillary Clinton were to lose, which seems all but statistically impossible, she and Bill would presumably continue to work on the Clinton foundation, providing needed help to people throughout the emerging world.
And make another cool 300 million dollars while running a charity.
I suspect she'll return to compounding her already huge fortune earned from her friends on Wall Street. Other than that I don't see her running for President again, but will be some icon on a pedestal. Who can say though.
My guess is her and her husband's speaking fees are going to go down by quite a bit now that she has no influence to sell.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I think for purposes of reconciliation Trump should offer her a position in his administration. Maybe ambassador to Russia. Or Syria.

Looks like the plan to get rump-rich has been derailed, but they can take cold comfort that Trump has damaged his own brand to the point that he may well be the only US President since Truman to emerge poorer than he went in. Assuming he doesn't house the entire US government in Trump hotels anyway.

Sorry, in Blind Trust hotels. <wink> <wink>

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I actually feel "sorry" for her, preparing a career of 40 years...and then wake-up and realize that an idiot without experience can become prez and BEAT HER, good. How must this feel? :) I hope she retires. America has spoken. America let anyone know what she thinks about establishment and career politicians. Things have gotten so bad for many people in the US that they wanted "a revolution", change on a level that a typical career politician can not bring...in fact the misery of people IS CAUSED by those people. The scripted speeches by Clinton were not convincing people that she'd bring the change people wanted.
I hope she does NOT run in 2020, rather than a fresh, younger, energetic version of Sanders would come to the scene. Of course it will depend how the next four years will go.

No way she runs again. She is probably out of politics altogether IMO. In 2020 the Dems need a young fresh face - like an Obama 2.0

Reactions: bshole

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
No way she runs again. She is probably out of politics altogether IMO. In 2020 the Dems need a young fresh face - like an Obama 2.0

Uhh no! Someone with little to no experience in business, governing, and a hard lefty or righty is not what we need.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Uhh no! Someone with little to no experience in business, governing, and a hard lefty or righty is not what we need.

you have a strong imagination. where did I say they should be a hard anything, have little to no experience in either business or governing? Obama was nearly 50 when he became president elect. That's enough time to acquire plenty of experience.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It was 5 to 1. Trust me, I gained lots of $
Winning money from Trump being elected is like betting on a train wreck. Sure, maybe the train was otherwise going to hit a school bus, but it's still a train wreck.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I see buckshat has finally felt safe and comfortable enough to slither his way back into our forums.

I'm in a conciliatory mood today....but not for cowards like you, buckshat, that run and hide when the language is just too mean and only poke their heads back in when the improbable happens to stumble in front of their un-aimed arrow.
I have 7000 plus messages in this cesspool, I'm not a coward. Do you really think fear is what has kept me from posting here recently? You're not that stupid. I came back for a bit of gloating, plain and simple. If you don't like it then don't nominate a crook.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
This is like what? Her second time running for President, and she still managed to lose?

Hillary should just give up the idea of running for President forever. Even if she ran a third time, her chances would be far worse than what they are this time around.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
This is like what? Her second time running for President, and she still managed to lose?

Hillary should just give up the idea of running for President forever. Even if she ran a third time, her chances would be far worse than what they are this time around.

there is no way the DNC is going to LET her run for president again.

no one is that stupid.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
there is no way the DNC is going to LET her run for president again.

no one is that stupid.

Will the DNC learn their lesson about choosing the right candidate come 2020 and 2024? Hillary will sure as fuck not run for president again, but the DNC should not nominate future candidates with those same unlikable qualities of hers'.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

It's not that she managed to lose, it's that she managed to lose to Donald freaking Trump. The people of this country stood up and said "We'd rather have him!" There's no coming back from that.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Winning money from Trump being elected is like betting on a train wreck. Sure, maybe the train was otherwise going to hit a school bus, but it's still a train wreck.

I was responding to the odds, calm down.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
you have a strong imagination. where did I say they should be a hard anything, have little to no experience in either business or governing? Obama was nearly 50 when he became president elect. That's enough time to acquire plenty of experience.

And yet he didn't have any and was far left.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
After she serves her prison sentence it's unlikely she'll have much of a future in politics.

Good riddance. Everyone was correct when they said that if the Republicans had nominated an axe murderer, he could have beaten Clinton. Likewise, the Democrats. Anyone but that disgusting piece of garbage would have defeated the other disgusting piece of garbage.

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
I see buckshat has finally felt safe and comfortable enough to slither his way back into our forums.

I'm in a conciliatory mood today....but not for cowards like you, buckshat, that run and hide when the language is just too mean and only poke their heads back in when the improbable happens to stumble in front of their un-aimed arrow.

Say it after me:

"President Trump"

Reactions: buckshot24

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yeah but you guys thought we needed Trump so here we are.

...and now you don't think we need that? At least give the man a chance, right?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I have 7000 plus messages in this cesspool, I'm not a coward. Do you really think fear is what has kept me from posting here recently? You're not that stupid. I came back for a bit of gloating, plain and simple. If you don't like it then don't nominate a crook.

your history of running away from threads when it got too unsafe for you informs our understanding that you just couldn't handle the fact that your Trump was in a bad state up until election day. it was pretty vile in here all those months, and others didn't run (well, for the most part).

you guys nominated a crook, too, so I'm not sure what your point is there. I guess your crook was just more tolerable to some people!

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
It's not that she managed to lose, it's that she managed to lose to Donald freaking Trump. The people of this country stood up and said "We'd rather have him!" There's no coming back from that.

If going by the popular vote then the majority of the people wanted hillary. But yea, there's no coming back from this. This was her one last chance. And she's going to be what, 74 by then?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
your history of running away from threads when it got too unsafe for you informs our understanding that you just couldn't handle the fact that your Trump was in a bad state up until election day. it was pretty vile in here all those months, and others didn't run (well, for the most part).

you guys nominated a crook, too, so I'm not sure what your point is there. I guess your crook was just more tolerable to some people!
Fear had nothing to do with it.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
The best part is she won't get those insane pay for play speaking fees any more.