Will hillary retire after she loses?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
After Donald wins in november what will hillary do? Think she will retire from politics all together, maybe write a book, raise the price of her speeches?...
Shhhh! This is supposed to be a secret, but I hear she will return to her unicorn ranch in Atlantis.

(Just wanted to add a little whimsy to your alternate reality.)

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So, as I said a month ago, do yall think Hillary will retire?

Nah. The Clinton Foundation will continue to help more people around the world on a daily basis than the illegal and shuttered Trump "Foundation" ever hoped to help through it's entire (and certainly brief) existence.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Nah. The Clinton Foundation will continue to help more people around the world on a daily basis than the illegal and shuttered Trump "Foundation" ever hoped to help through it's entire (and certainly brief) existence.

Still living in your imaginary world bubble. its ok, whatever gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

hopefully trump will hold true to his world and hillary will be in prison

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Still living in your imaginary world bubble. its ok, whatever gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

hopefully trump will hold true to his world and hillary will be in prison

He likely will pardon her. His acceptance speech last night was to start healing the wounds of division. The man knows how to win, but he also knows how to lead. Claiming to have her in jail is him winning the election, pardoning her shows amazing leadership.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
He likely will pardon her. His acceptance speech last night was to start healing the wounds of division. The man knows how to win, but he also knows how to lead. Claiming to have her in jail is him winning the election, pardoning her shows amazing leadership.

For aiding ISIS, she needs to be brought before a world court, put on trial for human rights violations, found guilty and hung from the highest gallows.

Just like what happened to Saddam.

Saddam did not aid ISIS. But he did gas civilians. Hillarys actions led to the death of civilians.

Feb 16, 2005
For aiding ISIS, she needs to be brought before a world court, put on trial for human rights violations, found guilty and hung from the highest gallows.

Saddam did not aid ISIS. But he did gas civilians. Hillarys actions led to the death of civilians.
trump won, but you're still a fucking moron.

Reactions: Perknose

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

Circumstantially some of that may have the tiniest thread of plausible explanations to support the "aiding ISIS" argument. Don't think any of that compares even remotely to Saddam gassing civilians. Like I said, regardless of what she has done, Trump will pardon her because he knows that this nation doesn't need a witchhunt.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Texashiker feels redeemed and validated.

I have some crow for everyone who said trump was sure to lose.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I have some crow for everyone who said trump was sure to lose.

I have some crow for the people who defended what DWS and the DNC did to Bernie.
Be glad they tipped the scales in favor of Clinton. Those fuckwits.

e2a
but what does Clinton have to loosen up before retiring? I have a set of ratcheting wrenches that might help...

spin_prod_532077701

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Now you're being ridiculous, Texas. Not that I'm a poor loser or anything, but ah--what are you expecting to happen with the Obamacare that you need? Or do you believe Trump is going to conjure a job for you instead?

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007

How does pardoning Hillary show leadership? IMO the opposite would be true. Prosecuting a politician for crimes conducted while in office would take guts as it almost never happens.

When Trump comes into office Hillary will be pushed out, and will likely never return to government service. What she does then is not my concern. Though I WOULD like to see her fully investigated and prosecuted for the e-mail and Clinton foundation scandals.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
How does pardoning Hillary show leadership? IMO the opposite would be true. Prosecuting a politician for crimes conducted while in office would take guts as it almost never happens.

When Trump comes into office Hillary will be pushed out, and will likely never return to government service. What she does then is not my concern. Though I WOULD like to see her fully investigated and prosecuted for the e-mail and Clinton foundation scandals.

If Bush, Cheney and their crew were brought up in the hague for the deaths of all those civilians labeled as "collateral damage" in the Middle East I'd definitely agree with you. "Sauce for the Goose"

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Define "retire".

Will she run for president again? No

Will she continue her career of crime, funneling money from her supposed charities to finance herself? Yes

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Define "retire".

Will she run for president again? No

Will she continue her career of crime, funneling money from her supposed charities to finance herself? Yes

I think she is done with politics. She will probably focus on the Clinton Foundation - one of the most highly rated charities around by major watchdogs. One of the shames of this election is how the CF got vilified. I didn't know much about it before the election as I was not a Hillary fan - was an Obama supporter over her in 2008 and a Bernie supporter this year. Then when I realized Hillary was the only force that could stop Trump, I did my research. The CF is a laudable organization. I hope they continue to do good.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I actually feel "sorry" for her, preparing a career of 40 years...and then wake-up and realize that an idiot without experience can become prez and BEAT HER, good. How must this feel? :) I hope she retires. America has spoken. America let anyone know what she thinks about establishment and career politicians. Things have gotten so bad for many people in the US that they wanted "a revolution", change on a level that a typical career politician can not bring...in fact the misery of people IS CAUSED by those people. The scripted speeches by Clinton were not convincing people that she'd bring the change people wanted.
I hope she does NOT run in 2020, rather than a fresh, younger, energetic version of Sanders would come to the scene. Of course it will depend how the next four years will go.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
They gave her 3 to 1 odds of winning. If given those odds, you take them, but aren't terribly surprised if you lose.
Silver's odds figures have been proven wrong even before this election. As for this election I don't blame him a bit, the polls were what the polls were and it looked like Hillary was going to win.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I see buckshat has finally felt safe and comfortable enough to slither his way back into our forums.

I'm in a conciliatory mood today....but not for cowards like you, buckshat, that run and hide when the language is just too mean and only poke their heads back in when the improbable happens to stumble in front of their un-aimed arrow.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Shhhh! This is supposed to be a secret, but I hear she will return to her unicorn ranch in Atlantis.

(Just wanted to add a little whimsy to your alternate reality.)

I suspect she'll return to compounding her already huge fortune earned from her friends on Wall Street. Other than that I don't see her running for President again, but will be some icon on a pedestal. Who can say though.