WikiLeaks: Hacked Emails Prove Hillary ARMED JIHADISTS In Syria - Including ISIS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Here is Huffington Posts take on it... Hillary is completely owned by the Saudis, just as Bush was. If Hillary gets in, Assad is going to go down and ALL FUCKING HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE. I can see this leading to a shooting war involving the Saudis and the United State vs Iran/Russia/Syria. Sadly nobody will oppose her, nobody at all. This is certainly what the Republicans want.

This is the kind of compulsive misrepresentation that makes Clinton unfit to be President. Clinton’s role in Syria has been to help instigate and prolong the Syrian bloodbath, not to bring it to a close.
In 2012, Clinton was the obstacle, not the solution, to a ceasefire being negotiated by UN Special Envoy Kofi Annan. It was US intransigence - Clinton’s intransigence - that led to the failure of Annan’s peace efforts in the spring of 2012, a point well known among diplomats. Despite Clinton’s insinuation in the Milwaukee debate, there was (of course) no 2012 ceasefire, only escalating carnage. Clinton bears heavy responsibility for that carnage, which has by now displaced more than 10 million Syrians and left more than 250,000 dead.

As every knowledgeable observer understands, the Syrian War is not mostly about Bashar al-Assad, or even about Syria itself. It is mostly a proxy war, about Iran. And the bloodbath is doubly tragic and misguided for that reason.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey, the leading Sunni powers in the Middle East, view Iran, the leading Shia power, as a regional rival for power and influence. Right-wing Israelis view Iran as an implacable foe that controls Hezbollah, a Shi’a militant group operating in Lebanon, a border state of Israel. Thus, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Israel have all clamored to remove Iran’s influence in Syria.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-clinton-and-the-s_b_9231190.html

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Huh, She lost me 8 years ago when she called Obama a Muslim in order to go after the same voters that Trump is after right now.

You're a dumbass.

Like I said- easily played. You start out 3/4 of the way to the conclusion they want you to reach.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Here is Huffington Posts take on it... Hillary is completely owned by the Saudis, just as Bush was. If Hillary gets in, Assad is going to go down and ALL FUCKING HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE. I can see this leading to a shooting war involving the Saudis and the United State vs Iran/Russia/Syria. Sadly nobody will oppose her, nobody at all. This is certainly what the Republicans want.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-clinton-and-the-s_b_9231190.html

Amazing how Sachs goes on like he was actually in the room, huh?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Amazing how Sachs goes on like he was actually in the room, huh?

You know it doesn't always have to be about "winning the argument". Sometimes there is an actual moral question. Clinton has given a clear indication of her intentions. It is immoral meddling which will greatly increase suffering in the Middle East, increase terrorism and add even more anarchy. How the fuck can you just shrug your shoulders? When did liberals become the warmongering party?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i dont care. I just want to see a transvestite supreme court justice.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Clinton is a pretty hawkish/centrist candidate, but the kind of people latching onto these stories aren't really in a position to criticize her.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Hasn't the US been doing this for decades ? Earliest I can remember is arming them in Afghanistan when they were fighting Russia.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Hasn't the US been doing this for decades ? Earliest I can remember is arming them in Afghanistan when they were fighting Russia.

So four more years of alliances built from whatever is convenient at the time, meddling in conflicts that exceed our understanding of what fuels them and seeding discontent and anger that will inevitably set the stage for future conflict? Suddenly isolationism or f it lets bomb them all suddenly sounds like sanity.

Bart*Simpson

Jul 21, 2015
www.canadaka.net
I hate Hillary with all my heart but if Assange is going to level accusations like this at her then he needs to back them up. Until he does then this is just pointless noise that actually makes her look a bit the victim.

Julian, just stop.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So four more years of alliances built from whatever is convenient at the time, meddling in conflicts that exceed our understanding of what fuels them and seeding discontent and anger that will inevitably set the stage for future conflict? Suddenly isolationism or f it lets bomb them all suddenly sounds like sanity.

We are kinda stuck in the poopy now. Remember when gwboooooosh decided to play to war for profit and destabilize the entire region?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

I believe Bill Clinton's hands are pretty clean with respect to the Middle East. Obama's hands are certainly cleaner than GW's. I shudder to think what will happen if Hillary actually goes after Assad. I believe the next most powerful groups are anti-Turkish kurds who are doing terror attacks in Turkey and also fighting ISIS. What is to achieved by going after Assad? Apparently long term goals don't even have to be provided any more.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...l-reset-syria-policy-against-murderous-assad/

Hillary Clinton will order a "full review" of the United States' strategy on Syria as a "first key task" of her presidency, resetting the policy to emphasise the "murderous" nature of the Assad regime, foreign policy adviser with her campaign has said.

Jeremy Bash, who served as chief of staff for the Pentagon and the Central Intelligence Agency, said Mrs Clinton would both escalate the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, and work to get Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, "out of there".

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
We are kinda stuck in the poopy now. Remember when gwboooooosh decided to play to war for profit and destabilize the entire region?
The region was already unstable. Sectarian violence was the inevitable result of Saddam's demise, if not outright civil war between his wonderful sons and chief lieutenants. The folly of Bush was to set off the chain reaction and place America in the middle of it. Obama had no solution to the mess he inherited and I dont expect much from Clinton other than to perpetuate it.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I hate Hillary with all my heart but if Assange is going to level accusations like this at her then he needs to back them up. Until he does then this is just pointless noise that actually makes her look a bit the victim.

Julian, just stop.

Wow, we agree for once, it was bound to happen.

I see speculation and still nothing to back it up in reality atm.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
The region was already unstable. Sectarian violence was the inevitable result of Saddam's demise, if not outright civil war between his wonderful sons and chief lieutenants. The folly of Bush was to set off the chain reaction and place America in the middle of it. Obama had no solution to the mess he inherited and I dont expect much from Clinton other than to perpetuate it.

She will escalate it. Count on it. We could be engaging Russia by the time she is done.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Clinton is a typical Republican. She really is. We have to chose between war-mongering oligarch or a lunatic.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/36201-hillary-clinton-the-neocon-in-democrat-s-clothing

Hillary Clinton's track record on issues of poverty, racial justice and justice for women is appalling. As a former member of the board of Walmart, she sided with the rich and powerful, which she also does when she gives speeches for Wall Street. The really important question is how someone who has constantly sided with the rich can campaign as a progressive, as a friend of people of color and even as a feminist? Michelle Alexander exposed the hypocrisy of the situation in arguing that "Hillary Clinton doesn't deserve the black vote."

On foreign policy issues, Hillary Clinton is not even an Eisenhower Republican, but a war hawk whose philosophy and shortsightedness is evidenced by the flippant way in which she advocated for war in Libya and the way in which she celebrated. "We came, we saw, he died," she said and laughed loudly. This cruel statement does not take into account the mess and mayhem left behind after the intervention, something President Obama calls a "shit show" and his worst mistake. But it is the companion piece to her major fellow elite "feminist" Madeleine Albright declaring that killing half a million Iraqis is worth it.

Hillary Clinton has a net worth of 31.3 million dollars and is a long-time darling of corporations and elite financial investors. Clinton served as a Walmart board member between 1988-1992, during which time she conspired with the company when it waged a major anti-union campaign against Walmart workers who attempted to unionize. Her top contributors over the course of her political career include Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, along with many other corporations and financial firms. During the 2016 primary election cycle, Clinton has portrayed herself as an advocate for income equality and an opponent of Wall Street greed.

As Hillary Clinton emerges as the front-runner for the Democratic Party’s presidential candidate, she is receiving increased scrutiny for her years as Secretary of State. Many are criticizing her hawkish foreign policy, which is the best indication of what President Hillary’s foreign policy would be, with many focusing on her long relationship with Saudi Arabia.

On Christmas Eve in 2011, Hillary Clinton and her closest aides celebrated a $29.4 billion sale of over 80 F-15 fighter jets, manufactured by U.S.-based Boeing Corporation, to Saudi Arabia. In a chain of enthusiastic emails, an aide exclaimed that it was “not a bad Christmas present.”

These are the very fighter jets the Saudis have been using to intervene in the internal affairs of Yemen since March 2015. A year later, at least 2,800 Yemeni civilians have been killed, mostly by airstrikes—and there is no end in sight. The indiscriminate Saudi strikes have killed journalists and ambulance drivers. They have hit the Chamber of Commerce, facilities supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors Without Borders), a wedding hall, and a center for the blind. The attacks have also targeted ancient heritage sites in Yemen. International human rights organizations are saying that the Saudi-led strikes on Yemen may amount to war crimes.

During her tenure as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton made weapons transfers to the Saudi government a “top priority,” according to a new report published in The Intercept. While Clinton’s State Department was deeply invested in getting weapons to Saudi Arabia, the Clinton Foundation accepted millions of dollars in donations from both the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the weapons manufacturer Boeing. Christmas presents were being gifted all around.

Despite the brutal attacks on Yemen and egregious domestic human rights violations, Saudi Arabia remains the number one U.S. ally in the Arab world. While the original U.S. interest was to secure Saudi’s vast oil reserves, today only 10% of oil used in the United States now comes from the Kingdom. U.S. dependence on Saudi oil has been superseded by U.S. dependence on weapons sales. The most recent Saudi weapons deal was made in November 2015, a deal worth $1.29 billion that included 22,000 smart and general purpose bombs, and over 5,000 Joint Direct Attack Munitions kits to convert older bombs into precision-guided weapons using GPS signals. The Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency justified the sales, saying they helped “sustain strong military-to-military relationships between the United States and Saudi Arabia.”

It’s hard to exaggerate the enormity and high-tech nature of Saudi weapons purchases; the sales in the decade of 2010 constitute the most enormous military sales in history. According to a White House press release in 2014, “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the largest U.S. Foreign Military Sales customer, with active and open cases valued at approximately $97 billion, as Saudi forces build capabilities across the full spectrum of regional challenges.” The weapons include F-15 bombers, Apache and Blackhawk helicopters, missile defense systems, missiles, bombs, armored vehicles, and related equipment and services. Weapons manufacturers such as Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics and McDonnell Douglas have been unapologetically pushing these sales to offset military spending cuts in the United States and Europe.

http://www.codepink.org/saudi_s_exploding_christmas_gifts

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Clinton is a typical Republican. She really is.

The clintons are centrists. The gameplan of centrism is to give everyone a bit of what they want, so if you selectively pick out right wing parts she looks like a republican.