wife wants a seperation

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

3NF

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2005
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: jjsole
Sure that's a possibility but its hardly worth assuming that's what's in her head without knowing. Whether or not the OP has psych issues or not, its mute without trying to know exactly where she is coming from as much as possible.

As for taking precautions, sure, but regarding a private investigator and recording everything right now because she says she wants a separation, I'd leave that to the paranoid schizophrenics at this point.

A whole lot of friends have been through a divorce. They never saw it coming. Turns out the woman was planning it for over a year in most cases, plotting, planning, some of them even running out and buying a new car on credit card and parking it at a friends house (husband has to pay this as well).

So you bet he should start preparing.

Some women do plan it out. Happened to my brother. My two brothers, I, and my dad left one weekend for a crabbing trip. My brother kissed his wife goodbye and nobody thought anything was wrong. We come back from the trip and the cops show up at my Dad's place a few hours later, to hand my brother a restraining order to stay away from the kids because the wife accused him of beating them. that's how she started the divorce process.

It turns out the accusation was all crap. Today, my brother is self employed and runs his own business, while his ex-wife smokes crack, lives with a new drunken husband that drinks a fifth a day, and the 3 kids live in a trailer so small that one kid has to sleep in the living room. And guess what - the court thought the kids would be better off with their mom, even though all of them say they want to live with their dad.

Women are as confusing as the US legal system :confused:

toolboxolio

Jan 22, 2007
Originally posted by: sixone
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
And people wonder why I remain single. Most women are :evil:

Yeah, it's true. But most men think they can't live without somewhere to put it, and good ol' Rosie gets boring pretty quick. So you can cope, or you can compensate. Your choice.

At least ours hands won't ruin everything we worked for. They just give it a lil indian burn.

agentbad

Nov 2, 2004
Get a consultation with a good lawyer on the D/L and way your options before doing anything drastic. Also 3 years is a long time to be having problems so maybe think about highering a private investigator to see if she's being unfaithful. If she is being unfaithful you get the marriage annulled and she doesn't get squat. Sorry if I went there but this is your life we are talking about so you gotta do what you gotta do. Also if she gets a lawyer they will beat you over the head in court with that Bipolar disorder diagnoses.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: agentbad
Get a consultation with a good lawyer on the D/L and way your options before doing anything drastic. Also 3 years is a long time to be having problems so maybe think about highering a private investigator to see if she's being unfaithful. If she is being unfaithful you get the marriage annulled and she doesn't get squat. Sorry if I went there but this is your life we are talking about so you gotta do what you gotta do. Also if she gets a lawyer they will beat you over the head in court with that Bipolar disorder diagnoses.

And you can argue discrimination against the sick ;)

What a fracked up world we live in...

verndewd

Jan 28, 2007
Its not the end of the world ,you have to do what you can but if she keeps walking ,maybe she was never really there with you.

As a child of a broken home i can tell you its not all that bad until the parents disrespect each other,and my dad god bless him;never did that when he was raising us.

On the plus side it could free you to grow into who you should be,ever feel like the obligation to jump over the hurdles for her approval werent right?You have got to grow for you in your way and time.

I learned that after blaming myself for 7 years after my fiancee and I broke up,I grew alot and I am happy that I did,and I may not have done as well with her raising the bar every other leap.Shes choosing to put space between you to see if she wants to grow outside of the relationship,thats healthy for you as well;It may be what you need.

I think marraige is sacred,and if a heart is pure its love will be restored if not in one then another.

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
for all those who participated, i'm updating via reply to bump this up the threads:

UPDATE:
Well, I basically told her I wasn't leaving, and told her I'd do anything to make it work. Things have been going better for a few weeks now - no yelling, more kindness, better moods. It's not much, but it's a start. Heres hoping we can make it work. Thanks for all the empathy and advice (even you, Geekgirl!).