Why were leg warmers so cool in the 80's?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Ulfwald
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Originally posted by: klee58
Oh god....let's not talk about 80's fashions. I'm so mortified at some of the stuff I wore growing up. :eek:
:camera:'s?

;):p
No effing way. It's just too painful. :p

I could just see you in a pair of parachute pants and flourescent yello shirt trying to do the moonwalk. :)

Or better yet, in a pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans and Pink and green preppy shirts.

LMFAOROTFPIMP!!!!
Actually, it's worse. I was an 80's metal fan, so you can imagine the crap I used to wear and what my hair looked like. :eek:

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
It was to hide cankles, thats when you get so fat your calves merge with you ankles.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: klee58
Oh god....let's not talk about 80's fashions. I'm so mortified at some of the stuff I wore growing up. :eek:
:camera:'s? ;):p
No effing way. It's just too painful. :p

WERD!

i seen pics of myself in early 80's in bell bottoms my parents made me wear, and the azn afro...OH THE HORROR! :Q:p

those pictures are getting burned when i snatch them from their cold dead fingers!! ;)

purepolly

Sep 27, 2002
Leg warmers where cool for me in the eighties because it was f***in cold in Buffalo in the winter :D

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
I think the 80's fashions no matter how wild were better than the everything-ghetto-is-cool motif that exists now. Man, I LONG for the day when this fad to glorify the ghetto goes away. God, I just pray.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Dingleberries
Why are capri pants so popular now? It could be hundred degrees outside and chicks will be wearing their capri pants instead of those short shorts i love so much. At least it keeps their ankles cool, thank god for that. It makes girls look like their wearing undersized pants, therefore making them stocky looking. Girls should just walk around naked.

i agree that capris are highly unflattering, but i don't think they're on the same ulgy-level as leg warmers. ;)