Why should Gov Workers not feel pain too?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
You should also looke at medical benefits and retirement benefits.

For instance I work at a community college and dont pay SS. So when I retire I can not get full SS. I did pay into SS before I started working here but since I will get a retirement plan (Half of which I payed into out of my own pocket), I can lose up to 2/3rd of my SS. It is a delemna. So I have to save even more money to make up the difference on my somewhat low paycheck. The main reason for this is the government does not want to pay our matching SS Funds that most employers are expected to pay.

Explains everything now....

Dec 10, 2005
There are probably a lot of government employees that get paid way more than on average because they live in places like DC. There all the federal buildings are in large cities. So it costs more to live in these places. I think if I was going to redesign how the government works I would move the capital to the center of the USA. or some isolated area like Montana, or Kansas.

Gee, government is where the people are. I think you're onto something here. :rolleyes: